• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
Maybe if it had been longer, but I feel like everybody is just going off of beats and beats alone. Where are the killer features like Scottie Pippen or Blood Sweat and Gears or The Type, also the hooks are a step below as well.

Spitta went in on some of the tracks too.

But youre right. Give me a full LP with a couple beast features from KRIT, Gibbs, and a few others and im there.

Slizz

Bout to run thru Channel Orange after these last 2 Curren$y tracks. Good lord, Harry Fraud can do no wrong and Curren$y goes so well with it.

Bishman

rtdSQ.gif

Channel Orange is fire!

Aww shit, gonna wake up in a few hours and get on that Currensy/Fraud shit and ignorant 17 too.

Ignorant 16 was so good to work-out to. I fucked cardio up with that shit.

edit: BETTER than Stoned Immaculate? Damn, y'all setting me up for high expectations here. I doubt it will hit Covert Coup though.

RJT

Any way to stream the album? Daylight is on of my favorite songs ever but I never really loved a full Aesop album...

I have their album but never listened to it. I think I got it from an obscure blog or some shit.

...wut

Is it okay to discuss B.o.B here? Not sure lol.

But I listened to his latest album and it's really good IMO.

Isn't there a pop thread for his kind?

Esch

Banned
I would commit murder if Spitta did a trilogy like the Weeknd next year

1 lp with Harry Fraud

1 lp with Alc

1 lp with Ski

HiResDes

Channel Orange is cool, but it's too Musiq Soul Child if anything for me, the Nostalgia mixtape was epic though.
Some of the lyrics are cringe worthy, though I must say quite frank. For example, Forest Gump just exudes corniness and that has nothing to do with it's overt homoeroticism

iavi

Some of the lyrics are cringe worthy, though I must say quite frank. For example, Forest Gump just exudes corniness and that has nothing to do with it's overt homoeroticism

Which is weird given that one of the standout aspects of Nostalgia Ultra was how well it was written.

I'm not feeling Channel Orange, guys, which may just be dissapointmenton of the year.

Esch

Banned
is this forrest gump joint really pause central?

I might listen to this with my grandad in the car today and well... i might hafta skip :X

kodecraft

is this forrest gump joint really pause central?

I might listen to this with my grandad in the car today and well... i might hafta skip :X

Listen to it with your grandad in the car, and post the results, its hard to "feel" that track especially with Ocean just coming out about certain things.

Double D

New Aesop Rock.

All that's left in front of my desk is a smoldering pair of Nikes and my ghost is typing this.

Got it in the mail yesterday along with a Large-sized t-Shirt that looks like I might be able to wear it once before I wash it. Should have known to go with an XL.

Anyways album is dope. I really am not a fan of Kimya Dawson and was fearful that she'd be all over this shit but she's very scarce and is pretty non-offensive. I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss Aes over Blockhead beats but I think that's just nostalgia and personal preference. Aesop is a fine producer and everything is very coherent.

What's refreshing is the amount of transparency I'm hearing on like every other track. I'm sure there's instances of this everywhere but I've only picked up on some of them after the first few listens. Specifically, that middle part in 'Gopher Guts' comes to mind, and the more upbeat mention of Camu Tao on 'Racing Stripes' just brought a smile to my face.

The best part about all of this is that I can say, in 2012, that I have a new El-P and a new Aesop Rock CD in my six-disc in my truck. Only thing different is the label on the albums.

Got it in the mail yesterday along with a Large-sized t-Shirt that looks like I might be able to wear it once before I wash it. Should have known to go with an XL.

Anyways album is dope. I really am not a fan of Kimya Dawson and was fearful that she'd be all over this shit but she's very scarce and is pretty non-offensive. I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss Aes over Blockhead beats but I think that's just nostalgia and personal preference. Aesop is a fine producer and everything is very coherent.

What's refreshing is the amount of transparency I'm hearing on like every other track. I'm sure there's instances of this everywhere but I've only picked up on some of them after the first few listens. Specifically, that middle part in 'Gopher Guts' comes to mind, and the more upbeat mention of Camu Tao on 'Racing Stripes' just brought a smile to my face.

The best part about all of this is that I can say, in 2012, that I have a new El-P and a new Aesop Rock CD in my six-disc in my truck. Only thing different is the label on the albums.

Right?? Good times.

And yeah, you're spot on about the transparency. There's a lot of typically weird stuff, but it's so connected to like real shit. It's hard to articulate but all these songs about haircuts and eating vegetables and donuts and sea lions, it's all this weird treatise on finding life among death and grim times. I'm really inspired by it, honestly. I think this is the closest he's gotten to being straight forward about his ideas. It still requires at least one listen with the lyrics just because his flow can speed by so fast, but as far as parsing out the concepts, it's really easy to make sense of it. I feel like I can't talk about it without sounding like an asshole, but I've found it to be a really profound and moving album.

I also want to put a mix together just so I can open it with "Ruby 81".

:D

SoilBreak

Banned
Which is weird given that one of the standout aspects of Nostalgia Ultra was how well it was written.

I'm not feeling Channel Orange, guys, which may just be dissapointmenton of the year.

Triple F Life takes that award.

KiD CuDi Reveals Indicud Features

CuDi took to his Twitter earlier to reveal some of the folks that he’s worked with for his upcoming album, Indicud. So far Kanye West, Pusha T, Jaden, Kendrick Lamar, Cage and Chip Tha Ripper are a lock with hopes of 50 Cent, Jay-Z and Lloyd Banks.

He also stated that he’s looking to get in the studio with Ratatat, Diplo and MGMT as well.

Acid08

Banned
Gonna attempt to get into this Frank Ocean album, I'm not usually into the singing shit. When Foreign Exchange went in that direction they kinda lost me.

Esch

Banned
Yeah, I listened to Channel Orange in the car.

Just kinda boring . I really liked N, U's use of samples a lot better than this album and nothing jumped out at me on this first listen.

I'll replay it while im studying or something, but ehhhh..

http://www.mediafire.com/?v91ps8eevbnrntn

short ep I did. Shouts to //big for da art.
nice cover, I won't be able to get it till tomorrow, so I'll let you know what I think then.
Yeah, I listened to Channel Orange in the car.

Just kinda boring . I really liked N, U's use of samples a lot better than this album and nothing jumped out at me on this first listen.

I'll replay it while im studying or something, but ehhhh..

N, U is much more accessible I'd say while Channel Orange, I think it grows onto, but first listen I like it a lot. Glad, I didn't listen to any songs besides Thinking about you. I wonder what Kam thinks about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom