• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.
On July 8th, the tracklisting was revealed by the product page on a Japanese website, and was confirmed by Rick Ross a day later.

No. Title Producer(s) Length
1. "Pray For Us"
2. "Pirates"
3. "3 Kings" (featuring Dr. Dre & Jay-Z) Dr. Dre
4. "Ashamed"
5. "Maybach Music IV" (featuring Ne-Yo) J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League
6. "Sixteen" (featuring André 3000)
7. "Amsterdam"
8. "Hold Me Back" G5 4:30
9. "911"
10. "So Sophisticated" (featuring Meek Mill) The Beat Bully, Jofmoney 4:10
11. "Presidential" (featuring Elijah Blake) Pharrell Williams

12. "Ice Cold" (featuring Omarion)
13. "Touch'N You" (featuring Usher) Rico Love, Mr. Morris 4:12
14. "Diced Pineapples" (featuring Wale & Drake) T-Minus

15. "Ten Jesus Pieces" (featuring Stalley)

These are confirmed... and the track titles are confirmed..

The sixteen I would prob check out. I'm an Dre3000 fan. I'm prob the only one here to admit it

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Mac Miller is a little fucking bitch but if people start suing over jacked beats on mixtapes we might as well just shut down rap music right now because everybody is going to get sued out their assholes.

Tokubetsu

new Murs video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwTSPcNSi40

ohhhk.png

Damn. Respect to Murs.

DominoKid

harry fraud is so goddamn good its not fair
cigarette boats is perfect. i just wish it was as long as rugby thompson which is just as amazing.

nobody seeing fraud right now.

I was wondering when the music video for this would drop...

The sixteen I would prob check out. I'm an Dre3000 fan. I'm prob the only one here to admit it

You're the only one to admit being a Dre fan? That doesn't even make sense.

GOTDAYUMMMMMMMMMM. Finally got home and was able to give this shit a listen. This isn't even but a clip, and I mean GOTDAYUM.

I never thought those two would make such a good match. Not at all.

I saw AraabMuzik and rolled my eyes, but it sounds like a good match...

havent gotten much time to absorb the new frank ocean, but i hate the new "thinkin about you". shit is waaaaaaaaaaaay too overproduced. too much garbage added on

the simplicity before was much better. i really fucking hate the strings in the beginning, ugh.

havent gotten much time to absorb the new frank ocean, but i hate the new "thinkin about you". shit is waaaaaaaaaaaay too overproduced. too much garbage added on

the simplicity before was much better. i really fucking hate the strings in the beginning, ugh.

I wasn't feeling it also.

CRS

I remember when I used to mod the shit out of my desktop. I don't think I have the energy to get into that again.

Macca

I remember when I used to mod the shit out of my desktop. I don't think I have the energy to get into that again.
Me either. I realised I put all this work in, then never actually looked at the thing, I pretty much always have my browser open, so it's not worth the work. Looks nice though.

//B1G

Banned
lord finesse, taking phonies out the game one at a time :p
> and didn't mac get caught up in some other drama not too long ago regarding production? i faintly recall some dude coming up on him in pittsburgh or something. there's a video about it.
dude is a pussy and really i don't even care about finesse's true intentions behind suing.

lord finesse, taking phonies out the game one at a time :p
> and didn't mac get caught up in some other drama not too long ago regarding production? i faintly recall some dude coming up on him in pittsburgh or something. there's a video about it.
dude is a pussy and really i don't even care about finesse's true intentions behind suing.

yeah, mac didn't give producer credit and the producer came up to him after a show or something lol.

Had Cigarette Boats been a full album it would've been Currensy's best project to date. Only track I don't feel as much is Mirrors, but the other 4 are Covert Coup level great. Harry Fraud did work.

What is everyone's favorite beat off Cigarette Boats?

Mine has to be the opening track, Leaving the Dock. It has such an amazing 80s vibe to it. It would not feel out of place in a Mann or De Palma film for example. I could totally hear this in an episode of Miami Vice or when Tony Montana is staring at that blimp haha.

Also it makes that alternate cover that Esch posted seem even more appropriate.

Esch

Banned

Mine has to be the opening track, Leaving the Dock. It has such an amazing 80s vibe to it. It would not feel out of place in a Mann or De Palma film for example. I could totally hear this in an episode of Miami Vice or when Tony Montana is staring at that blimp haha.

WOH.

The way the song takes time to build up, and the keys in the background. This beat has layers and honestly you need to blast it somewhere like the whip or out of a good stereo.

ohhhk.png

Macca

WOH.

The way the song takes time to build up, and the keys in the background. This beat has layers and honestly you need to blast it somewhere like the whip or out of a good stereo.

ohhhk.png
Gotta go with this too.

I hadn't really listened to Currensy before, but grabbed this due to the high praise on here. The production is really fucking phenomenal. Listened to a little bit of Stoned Immaculate after, and wasn't feeling it as much as this.

Going to check out Covert Coup sometime tomorrow.

T Dollarz

Covert Coup, Stoned Immaculate, and Cigarette Boats have now solidified Curren$y as one of my favorite rappers. Three phenomenal releases.

Pol_Pothead

Neo Member

This is a tough question. I feel like Leaving The Dock is the best overall song as he does his best rapping on the whole thing on this one and I love the beat, but I will agree with the others that the beat on WOH is probably best.

Gotta go with this too.

I hadn't really listened to Currensy before, but grabbed this due to the high praise on here. The production is really fucking phenomenal. Listened to a little bit of Stoned Immaculate after, and wasn't feeling it as much as this.

Going to check out Covert Coup sometime tomorrow.

Yeah Stoned Immaculate didn't do all that much for me and I say that as quite a big Spitta fan who also went through his previous mixtapes like Higher Than 30,000 ft, Super Tecmo Bowl, Fear and Loathing In New Orleans etc.

Question; Why is it that the Pilot Talk Series is so highly lauded yet I never see anyone give any love to This Ain't No Mixtape? TANM has a great mix of laidback Spitta songs such as Get It Yourself, Elevator Muzik and On My Plane and also a couple of out and out bangers such as The Jet-Sons and LOL.

He has such great flow at times on that tape such as on Blown Away when he ponders "Who the man maneuver the coup in Vancouver, Canadian ladies is speaking the fly language" and uses other nice tricks like alliteration when he proclaims on LOL that "Curren$y crushes cowardly characters". I've just never got why it's never brought up in conversations about Spitta because I will tell anyone who will listen that he does his best rapping on that tape and it is overall his nicest project so far.

Tokubetsu

This is a tough question. I feel like Leaving The Dock is the best overall song as he does his best rapping on the whole thing on this one and I love the beat, but I will agree with the others that the beat on WOH is probably best.

Yeah Stoned Immaculate didn't do all that much for me and I say that as quite a big Spitta fan who also went through his previous mixtapes like Higher Than 30,000 ft, Super Tecmo Bowl, Fear and Loathing In New Orleans etc.

Question; Why is it that the Pilot Talk Series is so highly lauded yet I never see anyone give any love to This Ain't No Mixtape? TANM has a great mix of laidback Spitta songs such as Get It Yourself, Elevator Muzik and On My Plane and also a couple of out and out bangers such as The Jet-Sons and LOL.

He has such great flow at times on that tape such as on Blown Away when he ponders "Who the man maneuver the coup in Vancouver, Canadian ladies is speaking the fly language" and uses other nice tricks like alliteration when he proclaims on LOL that "Curren$y crushes cowardly characters". I've just never got why it's never brought up in conversations about Spitta because I will tell anyone who will listen that he does his best rapping on that tape and it is overall his nicest project so far.

I try to bring up TANM but yea, like I said a page ago, TANM and The Jet Files are criminally underrated. Jet Files in particular is probably my favorite non major Curren$y release:
http://youtu.be/sagXpWRj17Q
http://youtu.be/r5c1gKxSZdk

The pledge in particular is like top 3 Curren$y track for me. It's kinda crazy seeing him enjoying his success now and listening to it now. Desire and ambition + the right attitude can take you places man.

US Itunes has 90 second clips of every song from Life is Good.
Queens Story and World is an Addiction sounds fucking amazing like broadway plays (dat Anthony Hamilton chorus is fucking champagne) Back When and Roses are straight fire, and Black Bond is on some massive swag shit.

gattdamn, Nas is finna win a Grammy with this shit.

only iffy track is Summer on Smash. The Don is aight but it sounds wildly out of place in between the jazz/funk/soul inspired shit and the shit that's a sweeping orchestral arrangement

I'm so sorry for ever contributing to that faux-Nas Life is Good tracklisting a few months ago.

I didn't believe, Nas.

I didn't believe.

FUUUUUCKKKKKK

HiResDes

Commence new cycle, the spitta cycle:

1. Covert Coup
2. Pilot Talk
3. Smokee Robinson
4. Cig. Boats
5. Jet Files
6. Pilot Talk II
7. This Aint No Mixtape
8. Stoned Immaculate

I wouldn't rate any below a five out of ten lol

Elzhi is from the D, doesn't have a bad voice, and got lyrics for days. Stylistically it would be very easy for him to be rappity rap - ie lots of rapid fire shit while saying nothing. But he's got tons of dope lines, although certainly has some corny ones here or there. I've been a fan for a long time. I just hope he gets the respect and production he deserves. He did a track with Damu earlier this year, I'd love for them to do a full project together...

Chuwee...never listened to him

Huh really? I swear you were making fun of Chuuwee a few months back, but you should give him a listen. Wasn't there a new Chuuwee that came out like a week or two ago or was I imagining that.

Chuuwee- Chez! Mixtape

Click Pic to download

Tracklist:

01 Everything’s A Go
02 SOUTHside
03 Forbes Music
04 Tick Tock (Man Made Concept)
05 Don’t Like f. Van Dope
06 #NoLies
07 NoMercy (N64)
08 George Zimmerman
09 #SpicedWeed
10 Nothin Is For Certain (NoSuchAsASureThing)
11 Rowdy Chez Piper (Elohim Shreem)

Yup, found it. No impressions HRD or Esch?

Tokubetsu

Commence new cycle, the spitta cycle:

1. Covert Coup
2. Pilot Talk
3. Smokee Robinson
4. Cig. Boats
5. Jet Files
6. Pilot Talk II
7. This Aint No Mixtape
8. Stoned Immaculate

I wouldn't rate any below a five out of ten lol

I love that last.fm description you wrote haha. If any of you folks have a question you want to ask Deniro Farrar let a ninja know right now. Writer on the site I contribute is gonna be interviewing him in about four hours.

Pol_Pothead

Neo Member
I try to bring up TANM but yea, like I said a page ago, TANM and The Jet Files are criminally underrated. Jet Files in particular is probably my favorite non major Curren$y release:
http://youtu.be/sagXpWRj17Q
http://youtu.be/r5c1gKxSZdk

The pledge in particular is like top 3 Curren$y track for me. It's kinda crazy seeing him enjoying his success now and listening to it now. Desire and ambition + the right attitude can take you places man.

Yeah The Pledge is real good and i'm quite partial to The Seventies off of The Jet Files as well.

Also damn, didn't want to get sucked into the Nas hype but i'm glad to hear that things seem encouraging. I'm just surprised with all these snippets floating around and shit that the damn thing ain't leaked yet.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I'm almost jealous that you all can love currensy's boring ass so much. They way hhgaf gets it's collective panties wet everytime he farts on a beat makes me wish I saw what the rest of you crackheads saw in him.

Pol_Pothead

Neo Member
I love that last.fm description you wrote haha. If any of you folks have a question you want to ask Deniro Farrar let a ninja know right now. Writer on the site I contribute is gonna be interviewing him in about four hours.

Sorry to double post but ask him when the fuck the joint tape with Shady Blaze is coming out?!

Tokubetsu

Sorry to double post but ask him when the fuck the joint tape with Shady Blaze is coming out?!

He just said something yesterday about the reason why he's been quiet is because he was finishing that up. His manage actually hit me up about a month ago, saying he'd love for us to review it when it's done/he gets it. So I'll let you know =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom