• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cudder

nice cover, I won't be able to get it till tomorrow, so I'll let you know what I think then.

N, U is much more accessible I'd say while Channel Orange, I think it grows onto, but first listen I like it a lot. Glad, I didn't listen to any songs besides Thinking about you. I wonder what Kam thinks about it.
I like the changes/final version of Thinking About You.

Forrest Gump has Dat vibe.

I rly hope no one is sleeping on homie Joey Bass$$
That new 1999 drop is so incredibly fresh

Don't worry, I for one listened to just that in the car for about a week. Sounds like 90s rap brought into the modern era, just great.

Curren$y x Harry Fraud tape is great but Smoke DZA ruins every track he hops in on.

Don't worry, I for one listened to just that in the car for about a week. Sounds like 90s rap brought into the modern era, just great.

Curren$y x Harry Fraud tape is great but Smoke DZA ruins every track he hops in on.

I thought it was his best verse in awhile - perhaps since Pilot Talk. DZA can be dope, but usually is just annoying. I like him more as a feature

First impression of Aesop Rock's new album is a very positive one. His production has improved immensely. I dare call this his best album since Labor Days and, if the songs grow on me, it might be his best yet. Cycles to Gehenna and Gopher Guts are especially strong for me.

might get your wish tonight

GD2wa.jpg

Looking forward to it

alleged GFID production list

1. “Pray For Us” Produced by Just Blaze
2. “Pirates” Produced by Harry Fraud
3. “3 Kings” (featuring Dr. Dre & Jay-Z) Produced by Dr. Dre
4. “Ashamed” Produced by DJ Premier
5. “Maybach Music IV” (featuring Ne-Yo) Produced by J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League
6. “Sixteen” (featuring André 3000 ) Produced by Big K.R.I.T.
7. “Amsterdam” Produced by Lex Luger
8. “Hold Me Back” Produced by G5
9. “911″ Produced by Beat Billionaire
10. “So Sophisticated” (featuring Meek Mill) Produced by The Beat Bully, Jofmoney
11. “Presidential” (featuring Elijah Blake) Produced by Pharrell Williams
12. “Ice Cold” (featuring Omarion) Produced by Lee Major
13. “Touch’N You” (featuring Usher) Produced by Rico Love, Mr. Morris
14. “Diced Pineapples” (featuring Wale & Drake) Produced by T-Minus
15. “Ten Jesus Pieces” (featuring Stalley) Produced by Cardiak

Looks fake due to Premo and Harry Fraud, but apparently Fraud worked with Rozay in Miami so this might be real. I'm not familiar with a lot of these producers, at least by name (who the fuck is T-Minus, Lee Major, etc) but I'd imagine you balla balla ninjas know who they are

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
all

Looks fake due to Premo and Harry Fraud, but apparently Fraud worked with Rozay in Miami so this might be real. I'm not familiar with a lot of these producers, at least by name (who the fuck is T-Minus, Lee Major, etc) but I'd imagine you balla balla ninjas know who they are

T-Minus is best known for I'm on One, She Will, The Motto, How Low and a bunch of other really good beats..

alleged GFID production list

1. “Pray For Us” Produced by Just Blaze
2. “Pirates” Produced by Harry Fraud
3. “3 Kings” (featuring Dr. Dre & Jay-Z) Produced by Dr. Dre
4. “Ashamed” Produced by DJ Premier
5. “Maybach Music IV” (featuring Ne-Yo) Produced by J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League
6. “Sixteen” (featuring André 3000 ) Produced by Big K.R.I.T.
7. “Amsterdam” Produced by Lex Luger
8. “Hold Me Back” Produced by G5
9. “911″ Produced by Beat Billionaire
10. “So Sophisticated” (featuring Meek Mill) Produced by The Beat Bully, Jofmoney
11. “Presidential” (featuring Elijah Blake) Produced by Pharrell Williams
12. “Ice Cold” (featuring Omarion) Produced by Lee Major
13. “Touch’N You” (featuring Usher) Produced by Rico Love, Mr. Morris
14. “Diced Pineapples” (featuring Wale & Drake) Produced by T-Minus
15. “Ten Jesus Pieces” (featuring Stalley) Produced by Cardiak

Soooo fake, the first five tracks are literally just the five most well known rap producers.

Blackace

Soooo fake, the first five tracks are literally just the five most well known rap producers.

On July 8th, the tracklisting was revealed by the product page on a Japanese website, and was confirmed by Rick Ross a day later.

No. Title Producer(s) Length
1. "Pray For Us"
2. "Pirates"
3. "3 Kings" (featuring Dr. Dre & Jay-Z) Dr. Dre
4. "Ashamed"
5. "Maybach Music IV" (featuring Ne-Yo) J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League
6. "Sixteen" (featuring André 3000)
7. "Amsterdam"
8. "Hold Me Back" G5 4:30
9. "911"
10. "So Sophisticated" (featuring Meek Mill) The Beat Bully, Jofmoney 4:10
11. "Presidential" (featuring Elijah Blake) Pharrell Williams

12. "Ice Cold" (featuring Omarion)
13. "Touch'N You" (featuring Usher) Rico Love, Mr. Morris 4:12
14. "Diced Pineapples" (featuring Wale & Drake) T-Minus

15. "Ten Jesus Pieces" (featuring Stalley)

These are confirmed... and the track titles are confirmed..

Macca

I don't think it's extremely hard to get a Preemo beat either, or Justice League for that matter. If that Dre track hadn't been confirmed I'd be skeptical, but this could totally be legit.

Blackace

I don't think it's extremely hard to get a Preemo beat either, or Justice League for that matter. If that Dre track hadn't been confirmed I'd be skeptical, but this could totally be legit.

Ross has been working with Justice League forever.. and Lex for a long time..

As well as Lee Major..

That new Danny Brown is gonna be sick, though tbh I got hyped as soon as he said his trademark "check" haha.

And OMG this Harry Fraud shit is too nice. What else has he produced? I want a whole album with these two now. Badly.

cacophony

lol is that riff raff album any good? he releases new shit like every other day. he wants to use 2 of my beats for his diplo album but im not sure if thats gonna work out.

lol is that riff raff album any good? he releases new shit like every other day. he wants to use 2 of my beats for his diplo album but im not sure if thats gonna work out.

what do you mean it won't work out? for his diplo album? That could give you good exposure to Diplo's Mad Decent label.

And then Diplo will contact A-Trak and he'll tell Danny Brown and you'll make a whole EP with him and...yeah I'm dreaming big for you man haha.

HiResDes

Dope as hell. Elzhi gotta make more noise though; he basically disappeared after Ellmatic. He's up there with Bronson and Roc Marciano in terms of best rappers around, and is probably better than anyone tbh.

It's weird you love Elzhi so much, his flow defintely reminds me of da god Chuuwee, though obviously his delivery is better (Elzhi's is I mean).

I like the latter half, it's really catchy, but of course near braindead. And you should def consider it.

iavi

And OMG this Harry Fraud shit is too nice. What else has he produced? I want a whole album with these two now. Badly.

Rugby Thompson, a collabo lp between him and smoke dza just came out not too long ago. And, oh yes, the beats on that tape are vicious.

Fuck Dza, though. For real.

It's weird you love Elzhi so much, his flow defintely reminds me of da god Chuuwee, though obviously his delivery is better (Elzhi's is I mean).

Elzhi is from the D, doesn't have a bad voice, and got lyrics for days. Stylistically it would be very easy for him to be rappity rap - ie lots of rapid fire shit while saying nothing. But he's got tons of dope lines, although certainly has some corny ones here or there. I've been a fan for a long time. I just hope he gets the respect and production he deserves. He did a track with Damu earlier this year, I'd love for them to do a full project together...

Chuwee...never listened to him

Lord Finesse suing Mac Miller

It's common for a rapper to spit over a classic instrumental on a free mixtape release, as was the case with Mac Miller using Lord Finesse's 1995 "Hip 2 Da Game" instrumental for his breakout cut "Kool Aid & Frozen Pizza" off his 2010 K.I.D.S. mixtape. Well, Lord Finesse is now suing Mac Miller for $10 million over unauthorized use of his instrumental. According to Courthouse News Service, the complaint says, "This is a case about a teenage rapper- Mac Miller- copying the music from a song written, produced and performed by Lord Finesse, a hip hop legend, changing the title and then distributing it under his own name in order to launch his music career."

In addition, CNS says Finesse filed the lawsuit only after DatPiff, who launched and hosted the mixtape, Mac Miller, and his label Rostrum Records, refused to respond to a cease and desist letter earlier this month. The CNS report also states that the $10 million lawsuit "alleges copyright infringement, unfair competition, unjust enrichment, interference, deceptive trade practices, and a number of related state law claims." Finesse took to Twitter tonight to comment on the lawsuit. See his Tweet below. No word from Mac Miller as of yet, though.

interesting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom