• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loco Motive is prime. Rest is SOP for Nas albums not named Illmatic.

meh/10

tuning back into Channel Orange
It begins.
Really Kam, Channel Orange is pretty damn boring. Also no love for IWW wth.
Yeah, IWW great shit and really you think so? I've listened to Channel Orange way too many times now to change my opinion. You looking forward to Dream's album?(cant remember if it was you who liked Love King)

PBY

Banned
I wanna like Frank oceans album, and I can objectively see how it's good- but i can't get through it in one siting. Kinda, I dunno, samey?

Fucking finally heard Black Bond. That's my shit.
This that shit you bump when you 'bout to take a date to a high end restaurant. When you puttin the knot in that tie and lacin' up them dress shoes.

PBY

Banned
Fucking finally heard Black Bond. That's my shit.
This that shit you bump when you 'bout to take a date to a high end restaurant. When you puttin the knot in that tie and lacin' up them dress shoes.

no idea what your talking about- link to tape/where can i buy?

PBY

Banned
Also, with regards to Frankie O- it dropped basically at the same time as Cigarette Boats, and I've basically listened to that nonstop- Channel Orange just couldn't compete w/ that.

Channel Orange is that castle music so it makes sense that peons can't understand how great it is. When yall are done milking old worn out cows that give you nothing but bad milk(Nas), let me know

I just ask HRD bout Dream, like 3 posts up, fool straight ignored me :(

PBY

Banned
Channel Orange is that castle music so it makes sense that peons can't understand how great it is. When yall are done milking old worn out cows that give you nothing but bad milk(Nas), let me know

Oh i know Castle Music. Trust me, Channel Orange might be the most groundbreaking shit ever, but its not getting play in any castle.

Speaking of castle music, the worst Nig**as in Paris Cover EVER:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtW449tA3oM&feature=player_embedded#!
Faith No More. Sigh.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Man fuck Swizz Beatz. serious, this ninja's glory days left him when DMX went upstate. Man was all excited on twitter today, talkin 'bout he and Nas have a dope video coming for SOS and that there was a second joint that didnt make the album (thank fuck) but it was too dope not to unleash on us. (oh god, spare us)
Dude is such a middling producer, I never even really liked him all that much when he was with X, but X just kind of overshadowed his mediocrity.
so so wrong..
Swizz Beatz has quite a few god tier beats, his problem is that on the average, his beats are well....average

pretty much this.. but that can be said about all producers really.. expect maybe Mannie Fresh..

new Frank Ocean album is good. I can understand liking The Weeknd more, but he can't write songs like Ocean can.

And also Pyramids is a fucking easy 10 minute listen. I thought it would be shit when I saw the track length.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
ALchemist and Kno pretty much only make above average beats.

I would say that Alchemist pretty much only makes above average beats period..

The highs of some producers outweigh the lows..

PBY

Banned
Why you gotta be like that lol

I'm awaiting Toku's impression on it. You know Peter when you don't like something, it truly worries me. Like everything you like for the most part is okay and better but you rarely outright dislike something.

You know, its weird- I have one thing that annoys me, and its boring-ness. I can dig rappers like Gucci, Waka, Frenchie, Wiz, you name it, because regardless of whether they're cheesy, lame, w/e- they never bore me. That new Frank Ocean just kinda put me to sleep. Not aggressively bad, just ehh.

Acid08

Banned
Also, with regards to Frankie O- it dropped basically at the same time as Cigarette Boats, and I've basically listened to that nonstop- Channel Orange just couldn't compete w/ that.
Calling Channel Orange same-y yet praising Curren$y's tired shit? Okay. Cigarette Boats would be better as an instrumental tape.

The song Power by Juvie and Ross is a Fresh beat btw!
Yeah? I'll have it out. Also, I finally got to that candies and syrup which was great, what remix was that to 3 kings or at least the producer.

Also, I'm just saying UGK fans if you choose about 11-14 songs out of Underground Kingz, you have thier best album.

LOZLINK

Why is no one talking bout Life is Good. Fuck yall. Gonna quadruple dip this. Itunes, amazon, dat 70 dollars shit, physical cd, fucking whichever way

PBY

Banned
Damn. From kanyetothe, apparently gunplay was recently interviewed and said this:
"I don't know if it's going to top Teflon Don" - Gunplay on Ross' GFID

lol, at least he's being honest. But still...damn. Will he still be at "the roundtable" now?

He was easily the highlight of Power Circle for me.

Brinbe

Why is no one talking bout Life is Good. Fuck yall. Gonna quadruple dip this. Itunes, amazon, dat 70 dollars shit, physical cd, fucking whichever way

Having finished it up, really, except for SOS (can't stand Swizz on the hook), it's fucking great.

From Loco-Motive to Accident Murderers (which really benefits from being paired with A Queen's Story outro) to Reach Out to World's an Addiction/You Wouldn't Understand, LIG is just consistently good, period. And (ignoring the bonus tracks, which are also dope) it closes out extremely strongly with Stay/Cherrywine/Bye Baby, which is that smooth/grown-up shit which will come to define this album.

lol, at least he's being honest. But still...damn. Will he still be at "the roundtable" now?

He was easily the highlight of Power Circle for me.
lol, I don't think Ross would do that to him, they've been cool before Ross blew up I believe. Honestly, I don't see why Ross just doesn't take his time on his album while letting rest of MMG get their shine. I mean we are getting 3 MMG albums with 3 months, chill out fam. You got Meek, Wale, Gunplay and Obxonious ass Omarion, take your time to create your albums.

PBY

Banned
lol, I don't think Ross would do that to him, they've been cool before Ross blew up I believe. Honestly, I don't see why Ross just doesn't take his time on his album while letting rest of MMG get their shine. I mean we are getting 3 MMG albums with 3 months, chill out fam. You got Meek, Wale, Gunplay and Obxonious ass Omarion, take your time to create your albums.

He's been sounding pretty desperate on twitter, basically begging people to retweet his stuff and change their avatars to GFID stuff. I dunno... I was super hype for GFID, and I've loved every Rozay album, but now I'm not sure it'll live up to all the buzz.

Esch

Banned
Speaking of Curren$y, I think I've become comfortable with calling him a top ten all time rapper. The discography full of classic material, the unique sense of humor and charisma, the "feel" that his music evokes is just something only he really brings to the table. Love the way his music strikes a balance between the underground's emphasis on sonic atmosphere and the mainstreams digestibility and lack of corniness.

cue haters who spend all day crying about people being excited from new material from arguably the most consistent rapper of all time.

HiResDes

Speaking of Curren$y, I think I've become comfortable with calling him a top ten all time rapper. The discography full of classic material, the unique sense of humor and charisma, the "feel" that his music evokes is just something only he really brings to the tablr
. Love the way his music strikes a balance between the underground's emphasis on sonic atmosphere and the mainstreams digestibility and lack of corniness.

cue haters who spend all day crying about people being excited from new material from arguably the most consistent rapper of all time.
Esch are we talking about the same Curren$y?... Dude is a B-tier rapper with S-tier beat selection, and this is coming from a fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom