• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
So much hate on this page... It would have bummed me out if I checked it out at work.

Esch

Banned
*dead* at shinobis coming in to give listening party thread love and almost none of yall

thats a real dude
5I5s8.png
wow.png

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
So much hate on this page... It would have bummed me out if I checked it out at work.
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

There. How bout that. It's all happy n shit.
*dead* at shinobis coming in to give listening party thread love and almost none of yall

thats a real dude
5I5s8.png
wow.png
I would've come but I was asleep the whole afternoon. No lie. Just woke up (12:25 am)

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

There. How bout that. It's all happy n shit.

I would've come but I was asleep the whole afternoon. No lie. Just woke up (12:25 am)

every post of yours from now to the locking of this thread should contain a character like this.

Esch

Banned
You have more responses in your thread than all of my wrapup threads already, don't complain lol.

damn, you right. And the effort put in is minimal to be honest

although i do think the actual event could get out of hand, the hip hop lurkers get reckless

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Damn, GAF-Hop OD'd after that Nas leaked out. So many new pages.

Listened to channel ORANGE. So consistently mediocre, wow. I want to like this.. but it's so disappointing. Single choice was a good idea though, next one should be Pilot Jones for maximum trickery of album quality.

HiResDes

Damn, GAF-Hop OD'd after that Nas leaked out. So many new pages.

Listened to channel ORANGE. So consistently mediocre, wow. I want to like this.. but it's so disappointing. Single choice was a good idea though, next one should be Pilot Jones for maximum trickery of album quality.

Like I said before, Channel Bland or Channel Pale Yellow would have been more apt

hmm...not really...

The abrupt and unnecessary flow changes along with the manipulation of her voice from high to low definitely seem to be taken from an Em blueprint.

Novid

Banned
You don't hear that Eminem influence when she actually raps? Not saying she is just as good, but I definitely can hear similarities

WTF...she sounds like a damn J-Ville VA when she rapping highnotes. Thats nowhere NEAR Em's Influence.

The abrupt and necessary flow changes along with the manipulation of her voice from high to low definitely seem to be taken from an Em blueprint.

HiRes knows what's up even though we haven't been agreeing lately. I don't see how anyone could disagree unless they just don't want to associate Nicki with Eminem.

kamspy

Channel Orange isn't headphone music. It's not a collection of singles. You put that shit on and let it ride. It's Cadillac music. Living room music. Needs space. Wonderfully serine background music that you pick out new little nuggets from every time you listen. Just some feel good super sonic shit.

Was riding around with a female playing that album earlier and you know what she said Kam? I should get a Caddy, I was thinking back to what you said to me a few months back. Shit has been on my mind all day, crazy you brought that up haha.

kamspy

Was riding around with a female playing that album earlier and you know what she said Kam? I should get a Caddy, I was thinking back to what you said to me a few months back. Shit has been on my mind all day, crazy you brought that up haha.

Guarantee you'll sincerely thank me if you do. Do it now while you're young. You'll never go back to little ass 4 cylinder Honda or Toyota's.

YOLO (but seriously).

Pitchfork keeping it real.

Honestly, I don't know why people hate Pitchfork, is it mainly because of their reviews? I mainly use them because I know of no other blogs that bring attention to lesser known artist since I have no clue where to find such thing(HiRes has kind of replaced them).

CRS

Channel Orange isn't headphone music. It's not a collection of singles. You put that shit on and let it ride. It's Cadillac music. Living room music. Needs space. Wonderfully serine background music that you pick out new little nuggets from every time you listen. Just some feel good super sonic shit.
Feel good super saiyan shit.*

cacophony

Pitchfork keeping it real.

Honestly, I don't know why people hate Pitchfork, is it mainly because of their reviews? I mainly use them because I know of no other blogs that bring attention to lesser known artist since I have no clue where to find such thing(HiRes has kind of replaced them).

I don't hate them, it's just annoying when people let their taste become dictated by whatever they like and don't like.

eh, not as bad as the Entertainment Weekly review of Life is Good. three paragraphs long, quotes Tony Soprano saying "remember when is the lowest form of conversation", then lists the Don as a top track of the album. (his other pick for top track was Cherry Wine)

I don't hate them, it's just annoying when people let their taste become dictated by whatever they like and don't like.

Ah, well, that's generally everything. People sometimes need comfort that others like the same things they do. I really have no problem with the review itself besides the fact like 3 paragraphs are spent on talking Thinking About You and some paragraphs are just talking about stuff not really dealing with the album.

Maron

If Lupe had a signed contract with Atlantic for 6 albums why was he saying his third one was going to be his last (the original LupEND)?

Esch

Banned
Pitchfork still writes like rimjobs taste.

Got distracted but now im back on it, and I gotta say Life is Good is great. Its exactly what I wanted MONTHS back. Not a cohesive album, but a collection of cuts of Nas going in over good beats. And it is that. But there's more to it. Lots of regret. He toned the pro-black shit to perfect levels on this one.

The tracks with females on it are much better than i thought. The laid back more sensitive cuts on this album were actually some of the best. Love Cherry Wine, Stay, etc...This really is Here My Dear gone Hip Hop.

Nas's 3rd best, I would say a cut above Lost Tapes, but not as good as It Was Written.

channel orange is a decent album but that pitchfork review is lol. oh well, i agree with them sometimes and disagree others and this time i disagree.

theres some good music in there but overall i dont see myself returning to most of em

IrishNinja

i thought...i thought we leaked to links here alla time

you telling me i gotta start buying my weed via PMs like back in middle school now

Channel Orange is a great album. Whole thing is so chilled out. Can't really look at it as a collection of singles. Ocean's so much better than the Weeknd. Oh and also the drop midway through pyramids is so good. Straight Cadillac music.

speaking of which, I might get one in a few months. Saving up and looking around at the moment

channel orange is a decent album but that pitchfork review is lol. oh well, i agree with them sometimes and disagree others and this time i disagree.

theres some good music in there but overall i dont see myself returning to most of em

Sometimes pitchfork gets it right and other times wrong, according to my tastes of course, they've lead me to tons of stuff I was unaware of. They've got a good enough average for me to continue going there every so often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom