• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

oh wait, the whole thing dropped? damn i thought ya'll were on about another single and kams was still just extrapolating or something. my bad!

the leanest burger in the world...could be the meeeeeeanest burger in the world
if you cook it that waaaaay~

Esch

Banned
oh wait, the whole thing dropped? damn i thought ya'll were on about another single and kams was still just extrapolating or something. my bad!

the leanest burger in the world...could be the meeeeeeanest burger in the world
if you cook it that waaaaay~

kamspy is so wrong hes slowly shitting up the space continuum

tumblr_lxq3m5q6gd1qj23hoo1_500.gif

Grzi

Halfway through Life Is Good and it's okay, nothing too impressive, but better than I expected Nas could do in 2012.
Still, the production could be much better, it's like the producers are trolling Nas by giving him mediocre beats. For example, how can I listen to Stay after hearing how Kanye masterfully flipped that same sample and then gave it to motherfucking Cyhi.

IrishNinja

Life is Good is good?

Really?

I feel like this is some sort of elaborate mass fuckery going on right now

The cycle can't be broken

7 tracks in so far...believe, fam. aint even gotten to the No ID stuff or Nasty yet...the % of hits to misses is so much higher than you expect from a post-stillmatic album. really hoping the rest of it holds up.

Grzi

Stillmatic and God's Son have much higher highs than Life Is Good.
I need to listen to this some more but I'll probably rate it lower than those albums.

IrishNinja

Still, the production could be much better, it's like the producers are trolling Nas by giving him mediocre beats. For example, how can I listen to Stay after hearing how Kanye masterfully flipped that same sample and then gave it to motherfucking Cyhi.

No ID, swizz, large professor & co...again im not through it yet but isn't this a great deal better than the beats he had for Streets Disciple & unnamed?

Stillmatic and God's Son have much higher highs than Life Is Good.
I need to listen to this some more but I'll probably rate it lower than those albums.

yeah, again not done yet but there's some good tracks here so im talking averages. highs though...stillmatic has classics and i love the highs of gods son so i'm gonna need a few listens through to address this, you could be right though.

IrishNinja

damn, listening to "Stay"...i knew it, i could get with an entire LP-produced nas album. i don't even know what Primo's doing these days, but he could get on it too. there's a laundry list of top-tier producers who were said to have done or wanted to do shit for this album according to wiki, hopefully we get a mixtape or something out of that. speaking of wiki:

Nas also planned to collaborate with Odd Future members Tyler, the Creator, Frank Ocean and Hodgy Beats, and Tyler confirmed in another interview that while they had indeed recorded a song, none of Odd Future's members appeared on the final tracklist.

alright, i'm curious.

Jay Sosa

Life is Good is good?

Really?

I feel like this is some sort of elaborate mass fuckery going on right now

The cycle can't be broken

give it two weeks and it will be shit again. I see this happen everytime a Nas album is released, hype and excitement and then a few weeks later it's back to Nas lost again. It's been like that ever since the good old allhiphop.com days. But I have no doubt I'll love it..hell I even like Nastradamus (Shoot 'em up, just shoot 'em up, what..Kill kill kill, murder murder murder)

The world doesn't need Swizz

Yeah, I agree.

just blaze > swizz whole life

That's like saying Joe Montana > Ryan Leaf

hubes

worlds an additction -> summer on smash could possibly be the WORST transition from one song to another in the history of music. how the fuck do you go from something as good and powerful sounding to a wack ass swizz beats track? at least i have the power to delete that shit and never hear it again. fuck you swizz beats

worlds an additction -> summer on smash could possibly be the WORST transition from one song to another in the history of music. how the fuck do you go from something as good and powerful sounding to a wack ass swizz beats track? at least i have the power to delete that shit and never hear it again.fuck you swizz beats

i like this guy.

NARC

Neo Member
Nas album is great and as a huge Nas fan definitely worth the wait, much more than I would have expected from a Nas LP in 2012, so yeah I'm happy, not a classic or anything but better than good enough

Loco-Motive, Accident Murderers, Queens Story and Worlds an Addiction are my personal favorites on first listen, and he finally got the 'softer' songs right this time, Stay and Cherry Wine are great

Reach Out and Summer On Smash aside, the Nas album is very good.
Completely blew my expectations out of the water.
I've got a problem with the sequencing and would've liked a couple of the bonus tracks weaved in to bolster the second half of the album, which falls short after the masterful transitions between the first few tracks, but damn.
I hate to bring up Jay but this is what I've wanted Jay to do for a while, and what he tried to do with Kingdom Come I guess, and just make some 'real' shit.
Anyway, the Nas cycle is over, he does have an ear for beats and I think this fits comfortably as a concluding chapter to the three act Illmatic - IWW - Life Is Good story.

PBY

Banned
He fits better than Stalley and Wale at least, but anyone that doesn't know that sour-diesel is a variant of Kush shouldn't try to transform themselves into a weed-rapper overnight.
I just feel that I don't want smooth jams from MMG- I want bangers.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
He fits better than Stalley and Wale at least, but anyone that doesn't know that sour-diesel is a variant of Kush shouldn't try to transform themselves into a weed-rapper overnight.
HRD I see you are back. Thank god.

I have been out of the country for a week so I wasn't sure what happened to you.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Nas made another 6/10 album, what a shocker. And ever since distant relatives, I find it harder and harder to listen to Nas without a little voice in my head screaming "shut the fuck up nas you sound like an idiot".
Reach out is one of the most generic pieces of shit he's ever done. Generic beat, generic hook, generic verses, generic guest. He should be ashamed of that shit. Even the handful of good songs on their can't hold up the flood up average shit throughout.

PBY

Banned
Nas made another 6/10 album, what a shocker. And ever since distant relatives, I find it harder and harder to listen to Nas without a little voice in my head screaming "shut the fuck up nas you sound like an idiot".
Reach out is one of the most generic pieces of shit he's ever done. Generic beat, generic hook, generic verses, generic guest. He should be ashamed of that shit. Even the handful of good songs on their can't hold up the flood up average shit throughout.
See- I hateeeed distant relatives but I think this is pretty great still. You gonna listen to skelethon?

Seriously keep Swizz off good albums, that shit is pathetic. And why is Miguel even on the track? I'd replace that with Roses

I do agree the album needs another banger like the first three tracks, but it's still a great album

There are bangers beginning, middle (The Don) and end (Nasty) you really think it needed more?

people in here really acting like Summer on Smash raped their father and killed their mother

its not that serious

Yeah man, just delete that, Reach Out and You Wouldn't Understand.
Replace them with the bonus tracks and the album is straight.

PBY

Banned
Am I reading this wrong- there are only 2 bonus tracks on GFID, and they're both from his mix tape rich forever?

Esch

Banned
I dont delete tracks like that for some reason. maybe if its the polar opposite: a shittastic album with a couple exceptional cuts ill delete everything else to save space+ make playlists but i just feel weird doing it. Like I'm editing an artist's project.

Life is Good is a top 5 2012 release no matter how you cut it tbh

Bishman

I just finished listened to Nas - Life Is Good. Where do I start? The album is ok but I was expecting more, especially after hearing Accident Murderers. And I can see I wasn't the only one a little disappointed. Overall I would give the album a 7/10.

Damn. From kanyetothe, apparently gunplay was recently interviewed and said this:
"I don't know if it's going to top Teflon Don" - Gunplay on Ross' GFID
After all those delays and Ross having a seizure, I lost hope in the album. Good shit for Gunplay keeping it real. SALT ALL IN MY WOUNDS!

Channel Orange isn't headphone music. It's not a collection of singles. You put that shit on and let it ride. It's Cadillac music. Living room music. Needs space. Wonderfully serine background music that you pick out new little nuggets from every time you listen. Just some feel good super sonic shit.

Talk to 'em.

I rather throw on some Trip-Hop/Chillout/Lounge music for that.

Me too but Channel Orange is fire. Sometimes I wonder if you guys have any game with women.

Who didn't see it coming with the reviews they gave Pyramids and Sweet Life? lol.

Diggin "Life Is Good" at the moment. Couldn't make it through "Summer On Smash" though, that song is bullshit. Queens Story and Loco-Motive are great, and You Wouldn't Understand is sounding pretty nice right now too.

Got Skelethon coming up after, want another Labor Days tier album, here's hoping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom