• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
So you are saying you love Aesop but are tired of him getting between your teeth all the time?

No im saying Aesop's delivery sounds like what would happen if a man spread his own dickcheese on a bagel and then ate it while trying to rap to a crowd full of white plaid wearing unemployed bearded coldveins and girls who haven't shaved their box in three years.

You may want to spend more than 2 minutes in this thread before making dumbfuck statements. Perhaps then you'd realize this thread is full of foul mouthed fucks. If that kind of language gives you little bitch fits you may want to leave because you are going to hear a whole fucking lot of it.

iNnFkJmk8dSYe.gif

This is terrible. Just horrendous. I'm gonna go listen to some Chamillionaire now.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
No im saying Aesop's delivery sounds like what would happen if a man spread his own dickcheese on a bagel and then ate it while trying to rap to a crowd full of white plaid wearing unemployed bearded coldveins and girls who haven't shaved their box in three years.

So...you really really like it?

Tokubetsu

I haven't listened to Skelethon yet but I know I already love it. I'm kinda strapped for cash atm though, just gonna wait till I can afford da physical.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Maybe with a couple features.

lol but for real, normally I'd be right there with you. I hate most rappers of his kind, and he really does scream hipster college rap. But maybe because he was my first hip hop exposure to the non mainstream, I've always been a big fan. Plus the great voice helps. And although I think 75% of what he says is gibberish or near gibberish (despite what some aesop fans proclaim) even when he is just rapping nonsense, he has a gift for words. I like trying to put his ridiculous bars into some kind of context, trying to visualize something to go a long with them.

Plus the motherfucker can produce his ass off.

iavi

I knew I couldn't be the only one in that boat. Payday is tomorrow for this dude, though, and today's dailies didn't mean much to me. So I lucked out.

TW2 not winning the vote for community sale was some shit, though.

Bishman

new GFID production credits per atrilli

1. Pray For Us [Prod. By Harry Fraud]
2. Pirates [Prod. By Kenoe]
3. 3 Kings (Ft. Dr. Dre & Jay-Z) [Prod. By Jake One]
4. Ashamed [Prod. By Cool & Dre]
5. Maybach Music IV (Ft. Ne-Yo) [Prod. By J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League]
6. Sixteen (Ft. Andre 3000) [Prod. By J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League]
7. Amsterdam [Prod. By Cardiak]
8. Hold Me Back [Prod. By G5]
9. 911 [Prod. By Young Shun]
10. So Sophisticated (Ft. Meek Mill) [Prod. By The Beat Bully & Jofmoney]
11. Presidential (Ft. Elijah Blake) [Prod. By Pharrell]
12. Ice Cold (Ft. Omarion) [Prod. By Lee Major]
13. Touch’N You (Ft. Usher) [Prod. By Rico Love & Mr. Morris]
14. Diced Pineapples (Ft. Wale & Drake) [Prod. By Cardiak]
15. Ten Jesus Pieces (Ft. Stalley) [Prod. By J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League]

Deluxe Edition

16. Triple Beam Dreams (Ft. Nas) [Prod. By J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League]
17. Rich Forever (Ft. John Legend) [Prod. By DVLP & Filthy]

SMH @ wasting so much dope shit on a mixtape

Damn. This is kind of a let down compared to the rumor producer track list that was out previously.

New Aesop shits all over Life is Good. Production is ridiculous, so far above all these other producers right now. Aesop went all out for this one. The only "stream of consciousness" rapper I can stand and he didn't disappoint.

edit: that fucking pitchfork review is ridiculous. You are writing a review, not a fucking paper for your woman's studies class you hipster fuck. Amazing how much unnecessary bullshit someone can stuff into a single sentence.
I haven't seen anyone talking about Aesop new joint. siddx can be very critical but I'm going to give the album a listen tonight.

cdyhybrid

Reaction after first time through LiG:

1) Solid album overall, nothing that really makes me want to hit skip other than the Swizz song.

2) Bonus tracks are good.

3) I like his more chill songs.

4) But my favorites are the bangers that we had already heard and Black Bond. I like my Nas songs when they make me want to break a bottle over someone's head.

IrishNinja

i see the haters trying to SHADE nas AOTG while he SLAYS their LESSOR FAVES because they're PRESSED but #icant *.*

i1OKdx1rWm76y.gif

putting this post on esha's front door, he knew better than to keep mixing us with gaf-pop like there wouldn't be crossover

Tokubetsu

i see the haters trying to SHADE nas AOTG while he SLAYS their LESSOR FAVES because they're PRESSED but #icant *.*

i1OKdx1rWm76y.gif

putting this post on esha's front door, he knew better than to keep mixing us with gaf-pop like there wouldn't be crossover

You can't carry it.

abuC

New Aesop shits all over Life is Good. Production is ridiculous, so far above all these other producers right now. Aesop went all out for this one. The only "stream of consciousness" rapper I can stand and he didn't disappoint.

edit: that fucking pitchfork review is ridiculous. You are writing a review, not a fucking paper for your woman's studies class you hipster fuck. Amazing how much unnecessary bullshit someone can stuff into a single sentence.

Aesop is garbage water.

i haven't made a beat in months.

guys, why am I so uninspired lately? =(
Force yourself to make something. Every now and then i'd think I'm not in the mood, but I would just force myself to fool around with sounds then a few mins or sometimes half a hour later, I find myself really into making a beat.

Force yourself to make something. Every now and then i'd think I'm not in the mood, but I would just force myself to fool around with sounds then a few mins or sometimes half a hour later, I find myself really into making a beat.

true.

lemme open up ableton live right now... part of my problem is that recently i haven't even been opening it

I wanna hear some opinions on Boi1nda's joint for LIG. To me, that beat sounds like it could've come from Life After Death. all I picture when i hear that joint is range rovers movin' bricks.

kamspy

i know, its as genuine as sidd/you/others acting like good life isn't top 5 this year

1. Ab-Soul - Control System
2. Schoolboy Q - Habits and Contradictions
3. Curren$y - Stoned Immaculate
4. Big KRIT - Live From the Underground
5. Killer Mike - RAP Music
6. El-P - Cancer 4 Cure
7. MMG - Self Made Vol 2
8. Action Bronson - Blue Chips
9. E-40 - Welcome to the Soil
10. Rittz - White Jesus Revival
11. Curren$y - Cigarette Boats
12. Alchemist - Russian Roulette
13. Hodgy Beats - EP
14. Mayhem Lauren - Respect the Fly Shit
15. Aesop Rock - Skelehton
16. Denio Farrar - DESTINY, altered

Where does Life is Good fit in there?

Tokubetsu

1. Ab-Soul - Control System
2. Schoolboy Q - Habits and Contradictions
3. Curren$y - Stoned Immaculate
4. Big KRIT - Live From the Underground
5. Killer Mike - RAP Music
6. El-P - Cancer 4 Cure
7. MMG - Self Made Vol 2
8. Action Bronson - Blue Chips
9. E-40 - Welcome to the Soil
10. Rittz - White Jesus Revival
11. Curren$y - Cigarette Boats
12. Alchemist - Russian Roulette
13. Hodgy Beats - EP
14. Mayhem Lauren - Respect the Fly Shit
15. Aesop Rock - Skelehton
16. Denio Farrar - DESTINY, altered

Where does Life is Good fit in there?

Nah, I found room

1. Jay Electronica - Act II: Patents of Nobility
2. Nas - Life is Good
3. Blu & Exile - Give Me My Flowers While I Can Smell Them (Mastered)
4. Killer Mike - R.A.P.
5. Prodigy - H.N.I.C. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom