• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

1. Ab-Soul - Control System
2. Schoolboy Q - Habits and Contradictions
3. Curren$y - Stoned Immaculate
4. Big KRIT - Live From the Underground
5. Killer Mike - RAP Music
6. El-P - Cancer 4 Cure
7. MMG - Self Made Vol 2
8. Action Bronson - Blue Chips
9. E-40 - Welcome to the Soil
10. Rittz - White Jesus Revival
11. Curren$y - Cigarette Boats
12. Alchemist - Russian Roulette
13. Hodgy Beats - EP
14. Mayhem Lauren - Respect the Fly Shit
15. Aesop Rock - Skelehton
16. Denio Farrar - DESTINY, altered

Where does Life is Good fit in there?

not bad. you could start by bumping 2 down a few notches, 7 belongs in double digits if anything so there's room to move things about. so yeah, ab, curren$y, krit, mike and nas make a much sharper top 5 overall, though i gotta get back to C4C to be sure before i finish helping you here man.

edit: tokus your list is severely lacking both roman reloaded and big sean's EP "that's an assquake"

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
6. El-P - Cancer 4 Cure
7. MMG - Self Made Vol 2
13. Hodgy Beats - EP

While I obivously wouldn't have currensy anywhere near the top 100 and the TDE albums would be down towards the 12/13 spot on mine, I can't argue with this list really, it looks very similar to mine. Just the order and top 5 would be different.

How'd I miss that Obie Trice/Eminem track Richard? Only heard it recently. Beat is so good and Eminem keeps the yelling to a minimum. Album is pretty average but thats one of the stand outs.

edit: actually nevermind, I must be in an early morning daze, cause Bottoms Up is a pretty damn solid album.

i see the haters trying to SHADE nas AOTG while he SLAYS their LESSOR FAVES because they're PRESSED but #icant *.*

i1OKdx1rWm76y.gif

putting this post on esha's front door, he knew better than to keep mixing us with gaf-pop like there wouldn't be crossover

Oh god, DAT .gif
*dead*

T Dollarz

6. El-P - Cancer 4 Cure
7. MMG - Self Made Vol 2
13. Hodgy Beats - EP

Missing:
Big KRIT - 4evaNaDay
Childish Gambino - ROYALTY
Chuuwee - Crown Me King
Frank Ocean - channel ORANGE
Joey Bada$$ - 1999
Lute - West1996
Nas - Life is Good
Oddisee - People Hear What They See
Reks - Straight, No Chaser
Rick Ross - Rich Forever
Smoke DZA - Rugby Thompson
Theophilus London - Rose Island Vol.1
Vinny Cha$e - Survival of the Swag
Wiz Khalifa - Taylor Allerdice
XV - Popular Culture
50 Cent - 5 (Murder by Numbers)

Jesus fuck, Elliot Wilson from RapRadar is such a Jay stan. every other fucking tweet from this dude is some sort of giddy advertisement for a Hov concert. its shameless. and this dude's a respected journalist? smh.

Fiddy's mixtape is a pleasant surprise. Them beats go hard.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Yo if I was riding, and my anus was about to push the emergency eject button, I'd stop and poop wherever. I'm damn sure not giving it up in my car.

siddx

Yo if I was riding, and my anus was about to push the emergency eject button, I'd stop and poop wherever. I'm damn sure not giving it up in my car.

Living overseas in places where any little thing can give you the mud butt, I can confirm I have just gone XXXplosive in many a place that would get me arrested in the US.

Skelethon's production is very fucking dope. Very diverse sounds. Aesop flow is somewhere between dope and dork, the meter can go either way and often in the same fuckin song.

Esch

Banned
I never considered shitting outside though. I mean I have peed outside but uh damn that's some risky shit.

if you havent taken a deuce in a shameful, scary situation almost involving either the end of your life or jail time you havent lived life
Living overseas in places where any little thing can give you the mud butt, I can confirm I have just gone XXXplosive in many a place that would get me arrested in the US.

we may disagree, but when push comes to shove (getit) i know youre bout that life

mynicca1.png

siddx

How you gonna wipe though?

Leaves. For real. Just make sure you don't get poison ivy type shit.

In some places people just straight up used their left hand. Thats why they only ate with the right, shook hands with the right etc... Cause the left was for wiping that ass.

DominoKid

my top of the year. from a phone so excuse the formatting. heard all the big releases so its not like im leaving shit off... it just aint make my list.

1 gucci - im up (the best album of this new trap era)
2 c$ - stoned immaculate
3 absoul - control system
4 theophilus - rose island (i love this shit so much
5 rick ross - rich forever
6 smoke dza - rugby thompson
7 killer mike - rap music

Song of the year: pop that & pyramids
Producer of the year: harry fraud (obviously. no one else is close)

Esch

Banned
im not even gonna try to make a top ten worth a damn right now. conflicted on a lot of albums.

too much good shit out there

Gopher Guts and ZZZTop are the best cuts on Skeletor. I'm leaning toward it being an 8.5ish kinda album, same as LIG.
Fiddy album starts out well then fizzles out midway, that shits like a 6/10.

siddx

Gopher Guts and ZZZTop are the best cuts on Skeletor. I'm leaning toward it being an 8.5ish kinda album, same as LIG.
Fiddy album starts out well then fizzles out midway, that shits like a 6/10.

Cycles to Gehenna and fyrestarter are my standout cuts on Skelethon.

And lol @ everyone hating Summer On Smash, it's one of the only tracks from LIG I like. Despite the horrid hook.

Nah, I found room

1. Jay Electronica - Act II: Patents of Nobility
2. Nas - Life is Good
3. Blu & Exile - Give Me My Flowers While I Can Smell Them (Mastered)
4. Killer Mike - R.A.P.
5. Prodigy - H.N.I.C. 2

Get the fuck outta here with that number one spot lol
I've kept hope that Detox will come out but my resolve about Act II dropping this year is slowly fading.

And #1 will be good kid m.A.A.d city anyway

siddx

Jay elecontrica cancelled his album and is going to release an album with Andre 3000 and Dr.Dre. It's coming out next week.

//B1G

Banned
Yo i've not got round to listening to that Joey Badass project yet (I know, I know) But I came across this mildly trippy video by these 2 guys called The Underachievers who are supposed to be affiliated with Joey and Flatbush Zombies that i'm feeling quite a bit.

The Underachievers - Gold Soul Theory

i been listening to this a bunch today, it's real nice. NY has tons of up and comers as of late, these dudes got the sound to blow up too

coldvein

Banned
i really havent listened to much hiphop for a while and its depressing me. all i got this year was the new el p and i dont like it. oh well. kamspy when are you joining her majestys navy?

coldvein

Banned
i saw kendrick last year and he fucking ruuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuled. seriously. like 10,000 people vibing on that shit, and i'd never even heard him before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom