• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recon

Banned
Life Is Good has a great beginning, mediocre middle, and great end. Bonus cuts are also dope. Should of replaced the middle tracks with the bonus tracks. Still, a great return to form from the God, Nasir.

Favorite tracks: Everything but Summer On Smash/You Wouldnt Understand/Back When/The Don.

Detox

I've listened to it a few times but never fully just random tracks while doing other stuff, commuting etc. I haven't had the time to really sit down and soak it in, from what I've heard I love it, favourite track so far is Loco-Motive. Will post detailed impressions when I give it a few proper spins.

Life Is Good has a great beginning, mediocre middle, and great end. Bonus cuts are also dope. Should of replaced the middle tracks with the bonus tracks. Still, a great return to form from the God, Nasir.

Favorite tracks: Everything but Summer On Smash/You Wouldnt Understand/Back When/The Don.

The Don has actually grown on me. I like it. And I love You Wouldnt understand and Back When.

I know this needs time, but as of right now where would you rank LiG? Better than Stillmatic?

Recon

Banned
The Don has actually grown on me. I like it. And I love You Wouldnt understand and Back When.

I know this needs time, but as of right now where would you rank LiG? Better than Stillmatic?

I rank Nas albums like this: 1.Illmatic. 2. It Was Written. Life Is Good.4. Stillmatic. 5. The Lost Tapes. 6. I Am...7. God's Son 8. Hip Hop Is Dead 9. Untitled 10. Street's Disciple 11. My Poop. 12. Nastradamus.

Trey

Why not Back When? It's nothing great but it seems like it fits in well enough.

Recon

Banned
Wow, almost exactly as I would. I think Street's Disciple is better than Untitled though. I'd switch those.

Truth is, I havnt given Street's Disciple much time. I need to go back to it.

Why not Back When? It's nothing great but it seems like it fits in well enough.

Its not bad, but just nothing special to me. The only tracks I actively dislike are Summer on Smash and The Don. That beat is fucking annoying.

Detox

A message to the Feds (especially the original beat) and Suicide Bounce destroy anything on Untitled. The main problem with Street's Disciple is there is too many tracks, you can make a very good album if you cut it down to around 12 tracks.

Recon

Banned
A message to the Feds (especially the original beat) and Suicide Bounce destroy anything on Untitled. The main problem with Street's Disciple is there is too many tracks, you can make a very good album if you cut it down to around 12 tracks.

Exactly the reason I havnt given it much of my time.

Only bad tracks for me are the Mary track, the Swizz track and You Wouldn't Understand.
The bonus tracks should've definitely been inserted into the album-proper.
Infact, it probably should've went something like this:

No Introduction
Loco-Motive
A Queen's Story
Accident Murderers
Daughters
World's An Addiction
Back When
Nasty
The Don
The Black Bond
Stay
Roses
Cherry Wine
Bye Baby
Where's The Love

In that sequence, Nas has a stronger album than Stillmatic I think.

T Dollarz

I think that I like everything on Life is Good except Summer on Smash which is fucking horrible. I also think The Don is a dope song, and I don't mind the Mary J Blige track.

Also, channel ORANGE is so fucking good. This year might even exceed last for hip hop. It's hard to come up with a top 5 or 10 and we're only half way through the year!

Finally, Ignorant 17 is FIRE!!! Played it in the car today, then had to go on another drive right after to listen again! Don't Drop That Thun Thun

//B1G

Banned
just now checking, but life is good has such a horrible cover. so ugly... damn
it's literally just a damn instagram shot with some text slapped over top

Trey

So for AOTY stuff would Channel Orange even qualify? We talk about Ocean a lot in here but it's not a hip hop album.

If it's not a HH album then why would it qualify for the HHAotY? I know last year's voting was a little loose but Channel Orange seems clearly outside the realm of the genre. But fuck it, people will put it on their list anyways.

//B1G

Banned
Im glad you decided to act intelligently for once.

iwS4OTAb78JwM.gif

omg you got me

Recon

Banned
I realize it's somewhat obvious but I can see it being put on a lot of lists just for the fact that we talk about it in here quite a bit.

I guarantee it will be put on someone's list. It just doesnt seem to qualify for "Hip Hop Album Of The Year", in my opinion.

I realize it's somewhat obvious but I can see it being put on a lot of lists just for the fact that we talk about it in here quite a bit.

You know what? You are right, I remember some fool listed 8 R&B albums and like 2 rap albums last year. So, I won't be surprised if someone tries to nominate it.

Tokubetsu

Put on Life is Good today and Made it to "A Queens Story" before deciding to take a nap. I feel great right now. Aside from a graphics card scare earlier, life is pretty good for Toku right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom