• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

iavi

Kendrick's tape is my most anticipated hip-hop album, no doubt. Which I should stop doing as all of the recent tapes I've anticipated have disappointed - save for LFTU.

Cartoons & Cereal is one of the best tracks.

It's a, time to forget about TDE as a label, wtf.

At least there's still Black Hippy.

Haha. Honestly, I'm not even tripping. Like you say, Black Hippy is intact (or seperate and releasing tapes). This is a marketing power play, and I do think it'll work out financially.

Macca

Cartoons and Cereal grew on me so damn hard. He's 3 from 3 so far. The Recipe, Cartoons and Cereal and Swimming Pools are all fantastic.

Haha. Honestly, I'm not even tripping. Like you say, Black Hippy is intact (or seperate and releasing tapes). This is a marketing power play, and I do think it'll work out financially.

That's exactly what it is. It's not like TDE has the financial security of one of the bigger labels. Thing is, I can't imagine Miller came cheap. Must've been paid for with that Interscope money.

iavi

...I didn't even know Lamar had released more singles. FFFFFFFFUUUUUUCCKKKKK

Also, Gaf-Hop, I've been converted. I'm now a believer of Drizzy Drake, aka Aubrey, Aka the flower's son. A couple days ago, 2 blunts and like fiddy tecates had "Find Your Love" speaking to me on a level I haven't been on since Abel spoke to me in tongues.

So, I spent a good portion of the last morning really giving Take Care a listen. I dig.

lush

Links for download to the TNGHT & Four Tet mixes posted earlier.

New mix from Ryan Hemsworth:

Pimp C Intro
Ryuichi Sakamoto x UGK - Tibetan Dance x White Girl
Cornelius x YG - 69/96 Girl Meets Cassette x I'm Good
Yasunori Mitsuda x Jdown Valmont - Rising Emotions x Turn On My Patnas
Yuri Misumi x Wu-Tang Clan - The Wonderful Star's Walk Is Wonderful x Gravel Pit
Cornelius x Purple Ribbon All-Stars - Brand New Season x Kryptonite
Yukihiro Takahashi x Chippy Nonstop - Kill That Thermostat x Kicked Out Da Club
Kahimi Karie x Danny Brown - Clip Clap x Lie4
Takumi Iwasaki x Main Attrakionz - Tokyoite x Swaggin' Hard
Yellow Magic Orchestra x T.I. (ft. UGK) - Rydeen x Front Back
Jay-Z - Dear Summer (Ryan Hemsworth's Warm Sake Mix)

Stream and Download

//B1G

Banned
...I didn't even know Lamar had released more singles. FFFFFFFFUUUUUUCCKKKKK

Also, Gaf-Hop, I've been converted. I'm now a believer of Drizzy Drake, aka Aubrey, Aka the flower's son. A couple days ago, 2 blunts and like fiddy tecates had "Find Your Love" speaking to me on a level I haven't been on since Abel spoke to me in tongues.

So, I spent a good portion of the last morning really giving Take Care a listen. I dig.

lol tecate. what all the messicans drink round these parts

IrishNinja

honestly it's not a bad album and the thing about drake is that he's basically an R&B guy juxtaposed with the modern sensibilities #YOLO

Recon

Banned
I really dislike Mac Miller...like, really dislike him. It has nothing to do with his music, which I find just mediocre, but he seems to be the kind of person I would just hate in person. Though this signing might be brilliant with exposing Black Hippy to that frat boy market. School Boy Q is perfect party music, and Ab Soul is just perfect for anything. Kendrick brings that heat and Jay Rock...is Jay Rock, I guess.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
I really dislike Mac Miller...like, really dislike him. It has nothing to do with his music, which I find just mediocre, but he seems to be the kind of person I would just hate in person. Though this signing might be brilliant with exposing Black Hippy to that frat boy market. School Boy Q is perfect party music, and Ab Soul is just perfect for anything. Kendrick brings that heat and Jay Rock...is Jay Rock, I guess.
Yea but do any of them burp on a track? I thought not.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Did Miller do that? I mean, I dont know how to feel about that, I know I have heard other rappers do it...doesnt make sense to me though lol. Also, in related news, shooting the cover for my new mixtape today.
He did. Its gross and needs to stop. Whos gonna pay you to fart or burp on a track. Also gl with cover. Make sure it's dope.

Recon

Banned
He did. Its gross and needs to stop. Whos gonna pay you to fart or burp on a track. Also gl with cover. Make sure it's dope.

I agree, it is gross. And thanks bro. I think it will pass gaf aproval. This tape is gonna be crazy. Lets just say I burned my backpack for this one.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
I have always wanted to hear Mac Miller in the middle of a Kendrick track.
Itl prob sound something like someone taking a shit in the middle of an awesome song.

I agree, it is gross. And thanks bro. I think it will pass gaf aproval. This tape is gonna be crazy. Lets just say I burned my backpack for this one.
Lol. Ight I don't usually listen to gaf made stuff. But I'll give this a spin when it comes out. Better be worth the hype.

Recon

Banned
Itl prob sound something like someone taking a shit in the middle of an awesome song.

Lol. Ight I don't usually listen to gaf made stuff. But I'll give this a spin when it comes out. Better be worth the hype.

Thanks, I hope it will. I am producing the whole thing too. I have spent the last six months developing a new flow and improving my writing. Its pretty different than anything I have done before.

Recon

Banned
FUCK THAT!

I don't believe it until I hear it come out the mouth of Kendrick or the rest of the TDE members. And if he is signed, he isn't part of Black Hippy.

Yeah, this isnt gonna change Black Hippy. But it probably means some Miller on a few tracks on their albums.... :-(

RJT

Thanks, I hope it will. I am producing the whole thing too. I have spent the last six months developing a new flow and improving my writing. Its pretty different than anything I have done before.

How much has your productivity decreased in the last few days? GAF is a fucking time sink...

Recon

Banned
How much has your productivity decreased in the last few days? GAF is a fucking time sink...

Honestly, not by much. But thats because it already took up so much of my time even while banned. Though, the most annoying thing about being banned isnt the inability to post. It is the delay in new posts when you are not logged in. Honestly, they need to fix this site...

RJT

Honestly, not by much. But thats because it already took up so much of my time even while banned. Though, the most annoying thing about being banned isnt the inability to post. It is the delay in new posts when you are not logged in. Honestly, they need to fix this site...

I never noticed that. Honestly, when I was banned (two weeks only) I gave up on GAF because of the inability to post, which drove me mad. Not being able to write a reply made me want to break shit. Even if you don't post it, writing something when you are angry helps a lot.

Recon

Banned
I never noticed that. Honestly, when I was banned (two weeks only) I gave up on GAF because of the inability to post, which drove me mad. Not being able to write a reply made me want to break shit. Even if you don't post it, writing something when you are angry helps a lot.

I know exactly what you mean. I have probably written up a reply and then decided not to hit post more times than I can count.

As long as he doesn't bring his corny ass into Black Hippy squad tracks then it's all good.

Also I hope he comes nowhere near Kendrick, Q or Jay Rock's albums. It's a wrap for Ab Soul though, seems pretty obvious that he'll appear on that guy's next project.

Esch

Banned
Mac Miller signed to TDE.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

captain-terrell-suicide.gif

Jay Sosa

There's a new LE$ tape?

why did nobody tell me this?!

and first track is over swangin and banging? hell yeah!

and second over a fat pat sample.

I honestly cannot hate on Mac Miller. He strikes me as one of those white guys who means well but just isn't dope. He's not someone who started listening to rap three years ago and decided to take a shot/make money, he's an actual hip hop head who geeks out over legends. And while I don't like his music, he can certainly rap. He's like a lot of non-rapping white dudes who hang around hip hop circles and aren't accepted right away, but eventually everyone is like "ok, Xavier is cool yo, invite him to the house party."

I'd rather have a Kendrick ft. Mac Miller single than a Kendrick ft. Lady Gaga single

Esch

Banned
Top Dawg Entertainment just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Hip Hop culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like Pop music where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over by signing the wackest rapper alive, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is Hip Hop fans, after reading this news, are not going to want to watch anymore Black Hippy videos, nor will they buy anymore of their albums. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Top Dawg has alienated an entire subculture with this move.

TDE, publicly apologize and beat Mac Miller to death in your offices or you can kiss your business goodbye.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Mac Miller isn't amazing but I can't hate on the guy. I like a few of his tracks.

Yall need to calm the fuck down.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Hip Hop culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like Pop music where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over by signing the wackest rapper alive, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is Hip Hop fans, after reading this news, are not going to want to watch anymore Black Hippy videos, nor will they buy anymore of their albums. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Top Dawg has alienated an entire subculture with this move.

TDE, publicly apologize and beat Mac Miller to death in your offices or you can kiss your business goodbye.
Final Fantasy 7 remake incoming

Jay Sosa

What this means is Hip Hop fans, after reading this news, are not going to want to watch anymore Black Hippy videos, nor will they buy anymore of their albums. This is HUGE. .

lol you mean the 10 people that bought Ab Souls and Q's album?

and as long as they put out quality music I'll continue to support them. I'm not gonna boycott a Kendrick album because it has a Mac Miller feature on it.

haha, I almost fell for that bait, but didn't because it seemed like something I read before.

Cool recon, was going to ask you for an update bout your mixtape, glad to know things are coming along fine.

Recon

Banned
One victim to Esch lol. I personally think that was the greatest moment in Gaf history, and has survived this long because of it. Fistful's portman folder is a close second.

haha, I almost fell for that bait, but didn't because it seemed like something I read before.

Cool recon, was going to ask you for an update bout your mixtape, glad to know things are coming along fine.

Thanks for the thoughts. I was originally just going to do a beat tape, but I started writing to the beats and something nice started to happen. After Im done with this project, Im gonna go back and re-do that tape with Peterboy. Actually make my part match up to the heat Peter brought. I rushed that, and I want to make it perfect now.

DominoKid

lmmfao. i love this so much.

also fuck wack miller

Recon

Banned
Nah, Denis Dyack vs. Evilore, and my close second is:

randomemofhutaloveorgy.jpg

I missed the Dyack vs. Evilore, sound fucking great though. And yeah, the Wollan pic is great. I used that as my entry in the design a dota 2 hero contest. Got me a dota 2 invite last september because of it.

Esch

Banned
I missed the Dyack vs. Evilore, sound fucking great though. And yeah, the Wollan pic is great. I used that as my entry in the design a dota 2 hero contest. Got me a dota 2 invite last september because of it.

you should really go into the archives and read up on the threads. it was hilarious, the worst example of a developer shaming himself in a public forum ive ever seen.

edit: Jeff Bell getting all up in a Master Ninja's pm box was hilarious too tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom