• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiResDes

01.This Is Me
02.Wicked Moon (ft. Nicole Wray)
03.CHI (Need To Know)
04.Supreme
05.New York
06.Hot Like Fire
07.Werkin' Girls
08.Gypsy Letters
09.Jungle Fever (ft. Kool A.D.)
10.Realest
11.Castle On A Cloud
12.Sufferings First
13.Drop It
14.Smile n Hearts

Esch

Banned
might have to cop cause my girl nicole wray is on that

everyone slept on this sucks:

ozquarter.jpg

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well

Domo has officially gone SSJ2.

Kid is the poster child for continuing to practice and level up your bars.
I stay on the Kast.. and the caddies and syrup!

The Triple 6 Mafia is still the most played, for me. That's a perfect mix.
might have to cop cause my girl nicole wray is on that

everyone slept on this sucks:

ozquarter.jpg

At least I downloaded it.

Should give it a listen today.

Macca

Goddamn I wish plug.dj didn't make my laptop run slow as shit when running photoshop :( Sometimes it'd be cool to just chill in there and chat, but it's fuuuuucked. Gah. Oh well.

Jay Sosa

Jarren Benton, Ch3z Shit!, Mayhem Lauren, Crooked I, Mach Five Vol. 3, and Zilla Shit 2

Thanks, will dl asap!

Just listened to Son of Yvonne and my god..I had really high expectations but Ace done did it again. I can't really imagine any album this year surpassing it (Kendrick maybe). And as someone who never heard any Doom record besides Madvillainy I have to say he makes some insanely good beats.

Esch

Banned
it was so boring it set me to sleep.

didnt recommend it with you or your swagless ilk in mind

anyway i finally gave this a go in the car on the way to research:

20120521-SMOKE_DZA.jpg

and i have to say I was pleasantly surprised, id go so far as to say this might be the most underrated release from a known emcee this year. Smoke actually brought a decent amount of heat on this album, moreso than RollingStoned which i liked quite a bit as well. The features on this album are good as well (Domo is officially my favored son in Odd Future), just enough to support DZA's status as a B- rapper but not so much that his album gets stolen.

Harry fraud on the boards alone makes it better than anything else DZA's made. And while the beats arent quite as sick as those on Cigarette Boats, many of them are STELLAR (Baleedat, Ashtray)... If you havent checked this out and you're looking for some laid back sit and chill cuts i highly recommend it. Still have to listen to the last half again but i like it enough already

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Hi all. Here are the answers to the initiation questions

Pick a coast to rep: East Coast

Favorite Artist: Curren$y

Best feature killer: Sean Price

Favourite album: Big Pun - Capital Punishment

What's in your playlist?: My Top 5 currently in no order
Curren$y – Cigarette boats
Curren$y – Covert Coup
Killer Mike – R.A.P. Music
Action Bronson – Well Done
Joey Bada$$ - 1999

Rank Kanye's albums: LR - CD - MBDF - Graduation - 808's

Who is the best Wu-Tang member?: Ghostface without a doubt

Illmatic > Nas' whole life?: Yes its true though not by much IWW is up there so is stillmatic and lost tapes.

Do you think Nas next album will be good?: Or is Nas old and dusted with a horrible ear for production? I have the benefit of posting this right after "Life is Good" came out but yeah Nas current Album is good and history shows he tends to do good albums in groups just like he tends to do bad albums in groups. So I expect at least 1 more good album.

Who do you think won the Jay-Z/Nas beef?: Nas won that Beef but Jay-Z is winning at life.

Pick a side in the Biggie/2Pac discussion: Biggie

Lil B? Genius or mentally challenged?: His lyrics make you think he is mentally challenged but somehow he worked his way into an adjunct professorial job from rapping garbage. So its clear to me Lil B is an Evil Genius.

Pick an era of Eminem: Marshal Mathers LP because thats when I realized Eminem wasn't a gimmick but at the time the best rapper in the game.

Anyhow this is my opinion on these things if you don't like them well too bad.

PBY

Banned
Sooo did Statik Selektah and Strong Arm steady just drop an album/tape? According to my twitter they did, but I'm at work, can't check??

No. Not even top 5.

LMAO

Illmatic
It Was Written
Stillmatic

Those are generally considered as Nas' three best albums, and classics (to many not all). Everything else is average to bad to good. Which of those albums is better, God's Son? lol

Life Is Good>Stillmatic imo. Stillmatic may have more bangers but production wise, it's lacking overall and has worse filler than LiG

Esch

Banned
LMAO

Illmatic
It Was Written
Stillmatic

Those are generally considered as Nas' three best albums, and classics (to many not all). Everything else is average to bad to good. Which of those albums is better, God's Son? lol

Life Is Good>Stillmatic imo. Stillmatic may have more bangers but production wise, it's lacking overall and has worse filler than LiG

obama.png

Pretty much. Idk some people seem to think Nastradamus is too hated on but i dont see it. This is Nas' 3rd best for sure, either way it has better production, spit, energy, songwriting, and overall quality than anything Nas since Lost Tapes. And quite frankly i think it might be the best thing released from any rapper of that generation since Grandmasters/Fishscale, havent thought about it that much tho

Tokubetsu

LMAO

Illmatic
It Was Written
Stillmatic

i9hPoqnET0vX0.png

obama.png

Pretty much. Idk some people seem to think Nastradamus is too hated on but i dont see it. This is Nas' 3rd best for sure, either way it has better production, spit, energy, songwriting, and overall quality than anything Nas since Lost Tapes. And quite frankly i think it might be the best thing released from any rapper of that generation since Grandmasters/Fishscale, havent thought about it that much tho

iSSfDyLCjTnXX.gif

Esch

Banned
Stillmatic gets shade from me because its frustratingly inconsistent. On one hand you have life changing
ohhh.png
shit like One Mic and 2nd Childhood and then some just fucking boring ass shit on there. And the production overall is mostly bland, forgettable shit. It's like seeing a kid turn in their homework with the bonus point and challenge problems done but getting every single multiple choice question wrong

Life is Good may not touch a few of the absolute classic highs of Stillmatic, but the overall listenthrough is much much better.

Tokubetsu

Stillmatic gets shade from me because its frustratingly inconsistent. On one hand you have life changing
ohhh.png
shit like One Mic and 2nd Childhood and then some just fucking boring ass shit on there. And the production overall is mostly bland, forgettable shit. It's like seeing a kid turn in their homework with the bonus point and challenge problems done but getting every single multiple choice question wrong

Which is funny, because I think most of the LiG production is bland and forgettable.

Esch

Banned
My only complaints with LiG's production is that it's too sterile overall for my tastes (expected tho), and that a couple tracks stick out bad like Swizz Beats in crowd full of Kenyans. Overall though I find a couple of the beats to be catchy in a generic way, like the Don for example. The Daughters beat has been stuck in my head for a while now.

Long time lurker finally able to post in this thread. As for initiation....

Pick a coast to rep: East Coast

Favorite Artist:

Solo: Ghostface
Group: Wu-Tang Clan

Favourite album: Liquid Swords

What's in your playlist right now?:

Killer Mike – R.A.P. Music
El-P - C4C
Frank Ocean - Channel Orange
Aesop Rock - Skelethon
NaS - Life is Good

Rank Kanye's albums:

Late Registration
College Dropout
My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
808's & Heartbreak
Graduation

Who is the best Wu-Tang member?:

Ghostface

Illmatic > Nas' whole life?:

I'm in the few that feels It Was Written..>Illmatic.

Do you think Nas next album will be good?:

Haven't given the whole album a spin yet but halfway through I like what I hear.

Who do you think won the Jay-Z/Nas beef?:

Nas won that Beef. But I felt Jay's disses had more weight to them cause they were true and factual. Jay doesn't get recognized for that cause everyone is ETHER...Game over ETHER... Like the Oochie Wally verse being weak, ect. Nas had facts too but it was more angry and mad empty disses.

Pick a side in the Biggie/2Pac discussion:

Biggie

Lil B? Genius or mentally challenged?:

Tried to get into his music a few times. I love ignorant shit like Flocka and Jeezy but I can't fuck with Lil B's music even if I wanted.

Pick an era of Eminem:

Eminem Show/8 Mile

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
"I'm in the few that feels It Was Written..>Illmatic."

One of my boys always argues this and his argument is "I gave you power" and "Black Girl Lost" are Nas's most groundbreaking songs. I counter him with "Rewind" being a more groundbreaking concept and execution. I mean how many people have tried to copy those songs format compared to how many have been able to copy "Rewind"

Ether didnt bring factual heat?

KRS had an album called Blueprint first

You traded your soul for riches

He admitted it on Moment of Clarity.

With Hawaiian Sophie fame, kept my name in his music/
All I did was gave you a style for you to run with
Jay only started rapping the way he did after Illmatic and Ready To Die. Youtube the song "I Cant Get With That". that's what Jay was about before 94.
And he was on Nas nuts from RD onward. He was using samples from Illmatic on his first two albums.

Dead Presidents II on RD and Rap Game Crack Game on Lifetime Vol. 1. And he tried his damnest to get Esco on a collab joint.

Em murdered you own your own shit
How much of Biggie's lines gunna come out yo fat lips.
True on both counts.

Queens niggas run you niggas ask Russel Simmons
another fact.

I think people let all that raw insults overshadow the factual content, cause there's lots of it. You just have to know what a Nas Stan Jay was when he first started out.

IrishNinja

didnt recommend it with you or your swagless ilk in mind

ahahaha, this got me - for real though, ya'll should spin that mixtape and some C4C in the plug room next time, i keep forgetting to check them out

man, i get Stillmatic being all over the place - it felt like Nas woke up and had a lotta shit to say, no doubt. it's not all gold but the highs are quite high, and no one ever references "You're da man" which is one of my favorites on there.
but i need to spend some more time with Life is Good to say this, you know? when Stillmatic dropped, i was in college and couldn't run into a hip-hop head without talking it up, there was so much hype and not just about ether. LIG im like trying to get friends to listen to, its weird.

·feist·;39976836 said:

hey feist, how you been man? long time no see!

kamspy

so whats the consensus on life is good?

It's Nas' third best album if you don't count Lost Tapes as a real album, but instead of being right behind IWW, it's miles back leading the pack of mediocrity of his other albums.

Just DL Loco Motive and Nasty. Wait for some DJ to lay the acapellas over better beats and there will be more good songs. The lyrics on World is an Addiction but the beat and hook are so garbage it makes the song wack. Put it over a better beat and it would be money. You could say that about most songs on the album.

Ether didnt bring factual heat?

I think people let all that raw insults overshadow the factual content, cause there's lots of it. You just have to know what a Nas Stan Jay was when he first started out.

Like I said Nas did too, I wasn't saying he didn't. U pretty much made the point I wanted to make. Nas won hands down just I feel jay had some nice factuals people overlook.

kamspy

Def getting the CD version of that 2 Chainz.

Also, betting right now. French Montana - Excuse My French >> Rick Ross - GFID

Matter of fact, outside of Kendrick, that French is my most anticipated album this year unless Tyler drops this year.

EDIT: and lol, Ether didn't have anything on Takeover. Nas had pebbles of truth. Hov had nukes of truth. As for people saying Jay took Nas' rapping style, I don't hear it at all. He used a sample yeah, but the flow, subject matter, delivery etc. couldn't be more different.

DominoKid

Def getting the CD version of that 2 Chainz.

Also, betting right now. French Montana - Excuse My French >> Rick Ross - GFID

Matter of fact, outside of Kendrick, that French is my most anticipated album this year unless Tyler drops this year.

EDIT: and lol, Ether didn't have anything on Takeover. Nas had pebbles of truth. Hov had nukes of truth.

Its wild to me how much i love french montana but its like hea got a masters degree in spitting memorable bullshit over hot beats. Hes behind only 2 chainz and gucci in that category.

Is there any info on that 2 Chainz album? I'm hyped for it for some reason...maybe it's the standard edition album cover....I really don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom