• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bishman

*crickets* Cyhi The Prynce - Ivy League Club *crickets*

NanZK.jpg

Cyhi The Prynce... *yawn*

*scans tracklist*

*sees SchoolBoy Q, Yelawolf, and Big KRIT*

*beat by T-minus*

*downloads Ivy League Club immediately*

Bishman

What's wrong with it? Or is it bad because he thinks it sucks?

The album isn't mind blowing but it isn't a 4. And watching all the TND reviews, it is obvious that he likes experimental hip hop more than traditional hip hop. Ex. Danny Brown, Death Grips, A$AP Rocky.

A review isn't terrible because it doesn't agree with your beliefs. But then again, ThisIsNeogaf.gif
No shit. The review was terrible because he spent the majority bashing Nas's catalogue.

The album isn't mind blowing but it isn't a 4. And watching all the TND reviews, it is obvious that he likes experimental hip hop more than traditional hip hop. Ex. Danny Brown, Death Grips, A$AP Rocky.

No shit. The review was terrible because he spent the majority bashing Nas's catalogue.
I'm not seeing the awfulness here. He spends half the review (~4:00m) talking about Nas' other albums and the other half talking about the album's pros/cons. He articulated himself well and gave his opinion on Nas and LiG all in one vid. The review is fine.

Nas is about to be on Colbert btw

Bishman

I'm not seeing the awfulness here. He spends half the review (~4:00m) talking about Nas' other albums and the other half talking about the album's pros/cons. He articulated himself well and gave his opinion on Nas and LiG all in one vid. The review is fine.

Nas is about to be on Colbert btw

GTFO. Terrible review. Look at the likes / dislikes and top comments. Everyone knows this review is bullshit.

Gorillaz

I thought he looked famliar...he reviewed a Gorillaz album (idk if demon days or plastic beach) and he was pretty much on the mark and had a good review.

His style is more experimental hip hop tho.

Recon

Banned
I usually like his reviews, but honestly, everyone has different taste. His reviews will go against popular opinion once in awhile.

IrishNinja

Lost Tapes

goddammit, i hate that i always forget this one in nas album discussions, it's such a worthy contender to

EDIT: and lol, Ether didn't have anything on Takeover. Nas had pebbles of truth. Hov had nukes of truth.

stillmatic freestyle + ether > takeover + supa ugly, this is empirically true. even having more in carmen didn't push the latter over.

dude man bro don't start with the conflicting opinions. someone (all) will get some srs buttaches

Holy shit you are probably the most childish poster.. :lol

hop off homie

i loved this exchange.

I don't like Stillmatic on that level. I'd put Street Disciple over it tbh.

this is the definition of a reckless post

·feist·;39981175 said:
Good, Irish. Don't pop into too many threads. Just dropped in to share some TM.

your link wasn't bad, man - don't be a stranger! we're mostly good folks in here.

djing in here tonight, some hip hop but im going for a wide range of jazz hoppy stuff as well

http://www.plug.dj/music-is-fun/

say word

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Pretty sure the positive has outweighed the negative in this thread. You cannot apply the Nas cycle here, as it doesnt apply to everyone, where in the past it did.

I liked Hip Hop is Dead a lot actually... He makes decent albums... But that's about it right now..

Recon

Banned
I liked Hip Hop is Dead a lot actually... He makes decent albums... But that's about it right now..

Yeah, I did not like Hip Hop Was Dead much at all. I have been disappointed since Stillmatic. I just find Life Is Good to be above average at worst, and pretty damn good at best.

Macca

The Yela/KRIT and Schooboy tracks on that Cyhi are nice. Nothing amazing, but nice. Going to listen to the rest of the tape tomorrow.

EDIT:

Damn, just heard Swimming Pools through some decent speakers. You can tell Dre put in some work making those drums sound good.

Double Edit: HiRes' roundups are now in the Op. Front and center! Hopefully some fools take notice.

Recon

Banned
I have been wanting to get rid of the "yoda" part for awhile, but I was banned for a long ass time lol. Tried getting it changed last week, but had to send another request.

Coal

I swear it's like every album Rozay makes, he just goes harder and harder. I hope this one will be as hard as FUCK and I also hope that Meek Mills & Wale are nowhere near it. I know I'm reaching here when I say that but damn if they don't suck. The best part about Tupac Back is the chorus (Rozay) and the best part of Ima Boss is Rozay's verse

got so many shades they thought I had a lazy eye UHH

Recon

Banned
ILL MIND OF HOPSIN 5

rap is saved once again

Ughh. The thing is, I think hopsin can actually spit and has some dope lines/tracks. But his whole image and most of his discography annoys me. Not to mention that Slizz guy on his label is about the worst thing to ever touch a mic.

Also, I am leaving Gaf until after the midnight premiere of Batman. I was lucky I didnt get spoiled considering how much I read on this forum. Fuck the childish idiots posting spoilers to ruin the fun.

Recon

Banned
Have you heard that Roscoe P. Coldchain dude that was on Star Trak (the record label)? Dude couldn't stay on beat if he ate a metronome.

Ha ha no, I'm gonna have to check him out now just for laughs. And now, I'm gone, like a Ninja! See y'all in a few days!

Grzi

GFID confirmed as a better album than Life is Good.

As far as Nas albums go:

Illmatic > It Was Written > Stillmatic > The Lost Tapes > God's Son > Hip Hop Is Dead > I Am... > Life Is Good > Street's Disciple > Untitled > Nastradamus

If I had to rate them (out of 10): 10 - 8.5 - 8 - 7.5 - 6.5 - 6 - 5.5 - 5 - 4 - 3 - 2 in the order above. The grades are given roughly, don't really remember much from the low ranked albums.
Street's Disciple could have been a good album if it was trimmed down to 10 tracks, Thief's Theme is better than any song on Life Is Good.
The worst part about Life is Good is that it's boring. Good producers don't mean shit if you're going to pick their worst beats.

Coal

To me Stillmatic has two points:

High point: Ether (duh)

Low point: that song that sampled the song Dennis Miller used as his theme song for Dennis Miller Live. I don't know the name of either song, but man, fuck Dennis Miller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom