• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
2cdvayx.gif

Edit:dat edit

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Before I clicked the link, I was not expecting to see Childish Gambino sittin Indian style in some fucking short shorts.

Da fuck is wrong with that dude?

Detox

It is a "much" better album.
No way, the documentary is a classic that I wouldn't bat an eye if someone put it in their top 10. Game brought the lyrical craft of someone from NY and fused it with the classic west coast sound. He was pretty much what Dre was looking for with all those NY legends he signed to Aftermath or experimented with. The Documentary goes on for 18 tracks not a lot of albums can keep comsistency for that long and it has every type of song, the only weak track I can think of is Runnin which just pales in comparison to the rest of the album.

Recon

Banned
No way, the documentary is a classic that I wouldn't bat an eye if someone put it in their top 10. Game brought the lyrical craft of someone from NY and fused it with the classic west coast sound. He was pretty much what Dre was looking for with all those NY legends he signed to Aftermath or experimented with. The Documentary goes on for 18 tracks not a lot of albums can keep comsistency for that long and it has every type of song, the only weak track I can think of is Runnin which just pales in comparison to the rest of the album.

When half of your lyrics are name drops, I cant, with a straight face, say it is better than Late Registration. Also, the album being good had more to do with Dre/50 than game.

Back when The Documentary dropped, I didn't mind the name dropping because I thought it was something he did on purpose to fit with the title of the album like the Documentary(of hip-hop) and his name.

Boy did he fool me

kodecraft

I still say Rhymefest should be apart of GOOD Music. In my top 5 for real though.

Get him on that No Lie 2Chainz remix and let him give us some food for thought.

Kanye know what it is.

Finally got around to Life is Good. For someone thats been quite let down by Nas in the last decade, I gotta say its pretty f*cking great. One of the few hyped albums of the last two years or so that wasnt a dissapointment.

Good shit Nas, f*ck the hating ass ninjas.

Tokubetsu

Ninjas do wrong to each other sometimes and in that way the force of the earth comes around the moon - and at that presence, the dirt, it overshadows the grass, you like, I can't cut this grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in the eye and understand we can only be right, as the ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Ninjas do wrong to each other sometimes and in that way the force of the earth comes around the moon - and at that presence, the dirt, it overshadows the grass, you like, I can't cut this grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in the eye and understand we can only be right, as the ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?
LcQxL.jpg

Yeah it is... Should I start banning people who disagree with me about music?

you going to get that 8ball?
lol love that show

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I enjoyed the new 2 Chainz single.

The Documentary is a great album and the best to come out of G-Unit camp (just above Get Rich or Die Trying and Straight Outta Cashville)

Late Registration is not a better album.

Can't wait to hear ignorant 18.
Church!! I think it goes in!
Edit: Ace, I'm feeling that ignorant 18!

thank you thank you!

Would love to hear about Caddie and Syrup

Blackace

Yeah, going to give it a listen in a bit, just woke up.

I think it's pretty great! Love the beats and he does some great storytelling. Post what you think since you a fan, not that familiar with 8ball really outside of two albums.

Much more of a fan of the duo 8ball and MJG...than each as solo artist... But you will hear them a bit in Caddies and Syrup!

Really underrated talent...

LOZLINK

Ace, All I ever listen to is the Ignant mixes when im chillin. 14 is such a perfect start to get hype. 9 minutes in and 18 is fantastic. Thank you based ace

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

lol

^^^I need this sign in real life.

Blackace

Ace, All I ever listen to is the Ignant mixes when im chillin. 14 is such a perfect start to get hype. 9 minutes in and 18 is fantastic. Thank you based ace

Thank you so much... Your words mean a lot!!

Much more of a fan of the duo 8ball and MJG...than each as solo artist... But you will hear them a bit in Caddies and Syrup!

Really underrated talent...

Yeah, I only heard on top of the world and space age pimpin, but I think this is pretty great, especially since I think in general most artist who are in a group first tend to have a harder time making a great solo album. Off the top of my head I only wasn't feeling the hooks for the first half.

Also, C&S3 was dope, I'd agree with Pol_Pothead saying Dead and Gone seems out of place, love that song though and you had my one of my top 3 UGK songs, One Day. Love the hell out of that song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom