• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

abuC

God Forgives I Don’t is ''out there''

zJyxE.gif

38-Rick-Ross-bopping.gif

SoilBreak

Banned
you listen to that V6? Loooove the beats on it but the sound quality is so bad, I cannot listen to it turnt up. I really like it a lot though besides that.

V6 was good but what the fuck is going Lloyd Banks' voice? He sounds like his throat got fucked by a horse.

Jay Sosa

And I didn't even buy it yet (not gonna fork over freaking 18€ for a cd). Good job Nas!

Country Grammar is a fantastic album.

I loved it back then (what?) but I relistened to it last year and it went straight back on the shelf.

btw: Finally downloaded Gambinos Royalty..I really can't remember when a tape (by a imho good artist) has had such highs (we ain't them, blackfaces) but also such lows (arrangement, real estate)..where did he even find that Gonage guy? Did he ask some random wannabe drug dealer to rap some bars? Same with that Kilo whatever chick.

He should really stick to make personal and/or melodic songs and keep far away from these awful swag rap stuff (or whatever you wanna call it). Production is also all over the place..

Macca

why would you pit my favourite two producers against eachother

why
It's true though, I mean compare them. It's not even close.

Kanye West produced Drive Slow, an amazing production.

Dr Dre produced Drop It Like It's Hot, I mean, come on, anybody could do that. And that's the best track he's ever produced!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Dr Dre produced Drop It Like It's Hot, I mean, come on, anybody could do that. And that's the best track he's ever produced!
Now you've lost me.

Speaking of production, that Andre 3K/Rozay song is soooooooooooo booooooooooring. Hang it up Justice League. Has some dope moments interspersed throughout the song by both artists though.

PBY

Banned
Now you've lost me.

Speaking of production, that Andre 3K/Rozay song is soooooooooooo booooooooooring. Hang it up Justice League. Has some dope moments interspersed throughout the song by both artists though.
I'm 4 tracks into the album... its such a weird sound for Ross- on one hand it sounds like a Rawss MMG album with that overproduced, nice sound- but on the other hand its like he went out of his way to seek a new sound and move away from the Teflon Don sound...and I'm not sure if thats a good or bad thing. Exhibit A = Ashamed.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

No he didn't.
The-Neptunes.jpg

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Y'all lames hating on this?

Easiest paycheck ever.

Nas lost int all aspects, it's pretty much inarguable at this point.

I feel Nas did win the beef. Ether is a verb now because of Nas

However Jay won at Life and and in his career. When it comes to managing a rap career Jay is the GOAT in that category.

f0rk

I've only tried to listen to Live Forever, but all Rick Ross songs sound the same to me. I quite like Stay Schemin though.

Detox

I've only tried to listen to Live Forever, but all Rick Ross songs sound the same to me. I quite like Stay Schemin though.

It sounds different and you only like it because Nas wrote the hook, trust me I've run tests.

where does Swizz Beatz fit into all this

*edit oh my god i just checked his wiki, Kanye called him the GOAT producer, hahaha
Snoop Budden smashed Alicia Keys while he was married, if he isn't GOAT material I don't know what is.

Recon

Banned
Not really overall. Nas' highs are much higher though.

Nas' best album is on a tier that Jay never reached. I say reasonable doubt is equal in quality to IWW, and Black Album comes close. Jay has a better Discography, IMO. But Nas is the better Artist, with the best album, but lost at every other aspect of life.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Illmatic, IWW, Stillmatic, and Life is Good are all better than anything that overrated camel looking motherfucker has ever done. Hard Knock Life is the only worthwhile song he's ever done.
And I heard Ivy Maroon Frankincense Lavender Carter Blu and Exile looks a lot like Kanye. Jay lost.

DominoKid

GFID better be that shit. I just spent an hour in mcdonalds (w/ my starving ass focused square on a plate of ribs my boy is bringing home from work) for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom