• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macca

Yelawolf was a completely fucked situation. He needed at least one more mixtape in order to capitalise on the hype from 0-60 . A feature on an eminem track somewhere wouldn't hurt either. Kanye did it right with Big Sean. Jay did it right with Cole. Shady just dropped the fucking ball.

njean777

My official opinion on Krit's new tape is 5/5. I love it, better then Return of 4eva imo. I know I am in the minority here about that, but it just flows so well, the beats are amazing, and his delivery is on point 100%.

kamspy

So, was Fear of God 2 really Pusha T's debut album on GOOD or just a pay for mixtape? I've been bumping the hell out of it since buying it on CD. Just wondering. As much as I love it, it has some shortcomings if it's supposed to be his GOOD debut.

Macca

So, was Fear of God 2 really Pusha T's debut album on GOOD or just a pay for mixtape? I've been bumping the hell out of it since buying it on CD. Just wondering. As much as I love it, it has some shortcomings if it's supposed to be his GOOD debut.
I might have to check it out. Just checked the production list and it looks nice. Gotta check that Bangladesh track, love his stuff.

T Dollarz

Is it like weekly and they just chat about gaming news? Like reviews and previews? Hour long or something? I've been thinking about checking it out, but I'm not sure what to expect

njean777

didn't you also say schoolboy q was a classic?

Nope, I actually didnt like it at first, but after awhile his album grew on me. Now Section 80 I thought was a classic for me.

Is it like weekly and they just chat about gaming news? Like reviews and previews? Hour long or something? I've been thinking about checking it out, but I'm not sure what to expect

It may be hard to get into now due to the jokes that rely on past episodes and their personalities. But its really funny if you like games.

DominoKid

uh...can i get a paragraph summary of that gaming journalism incident. im high as hell and the OP in that other thread is too much right now.

njean777

HOLY shit, two and a half hours?!?

Sometimes even 3, but it is funny and you really dont even notice the time unless it is a game that you really could care less about.

I wish it was longer. Sometimes it does go over 3 hours. They go off on a bunch of tangents, like a craigslist adventure to procure a pc flight stick. Shit is gold.

Vinny really is the most hilarious person. He needs to buy a racing wheel already.

cdyhybrid

uh...can i get a paragraph summary of that gaming journalism incident. im high as hell and the OP in that other thread is too much right now.

From what I could put together:

-someone (4chan?) photoshops some video games for sale on a website that don't exist/haven't been announced, posing it as a leak of future release
-shopped image gets to a gaming news site somehow
-site puts it up as news without checking to see if it's real
-every other major gaming site jumps on board and reports it
-image turns out to be fake
-one guy starts posting on GAF defending himself, saying it's our job to prove it's fake, and not his job as a "journalist" to verify its legitimacy
-WanderingWind ethers said journalist

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
lol
Yeah, the only gaming podcast I actually enjoy.

i used to love their podcast, before the whole paid members thing kicked in. then i just stoped going to GB.
it was really laid back and mostly about gaming. from what i remember.

T Dollarz

From what I could put together:

-someone (4chan?) photoshops some video games for sale on a website that don't exist/haven't been announced, posing it as a leak of future release
-shopped image gets to a gaming news site somehow
-site puts it up as news without checking to see if it's real
-every other major gaming site jumps on board and reports it
-image turns out to be fake
-one guy starts posting on GAF defending himself, saying it's our job to prove it's fake, and not his job as a "journalist" to verify its legitimacy
-WanderingWind ethers said journalist

That is... so awesome

Recon

Banned
i used to love their podcast, before the whole paid members thing kicked in. then i just stoped going to GB.

it was really laid back and mostly about gaming. from what i remember.

I only subscribed to whiskey for tested's lego thing. I have no idea why paid subscriptions turned you off of GB, since most of their content isnt premium.

Macca

I only subscribed to whiskey for tested's lego thing. I have no idea why paid subscriptions turned you off of GB, since most of their content isnt premium.
Yea. The amount of free content is still really good. I miss being a subscriber, gotta reup soon.

Jar Time is good stuff, same with the thing Will does.

Esch

Banned
all gaming sites besides gaf, b3d and rockpapershotgun are unreadable.

sometimes i rock digital foundry, but only when im interested in a lil' pixel countin

IrishNinja

not a fan of RPS, esha? ive seen them at least pick up stuff (granted, mostly PC) others don't touch.
still havent gotten into GB but theyve had some fun post E3 videocasts. i should fuck more with gamasutra sometimes though.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Seriously though, I have to wonder how The Based One gets so many high-tier Clams beats. Are they just close and he throws them his way for free?

IrishNinja

ah, misread that, my bad.

seriously though, how do you deliver on all the hype (even deflated at this point) jay elec's debut has around it? if it's got 1 or 2 more exhibit C (much less B) tier tracks, and the rest is serviceable, is that enough?

RJT

Biggie died 15 years ago. Lets post our favorite songs:

Suicidal Thoughts - his most intense and emotional song - everything sounds so personal. The beat is haunting, really suits the mood. Perfect ending to that album. Take out Puff talking and this would be a perfect song.

Me and My Bitch - At first this sounds like just another generic macho rap. But each verse adds perfectly to the story, and the last line of the song -
They killed my best friend
sums it up perfectly. Another great beat, but once again PUFF IS TALKING DURING THE WHOLE SONG. PLEASE STOP!!!!

Niggas Bleed - Biggie's storytelling skills are second to none. This is a Tarantino movie in song format, and it's fucking brilliant. Added bonus: NO PUFF!!! The beat is once again great, and the way is changes during the actual robbery is subtle but really effective.

I just don't understand some of the love for Yelawolf here. Can someone explain it to me? Because I just don't see it. There's no fucking way.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I just don't understand some of the love for Yelawolf here. Can someone explain it to me? Because I just don't see it. There's no fucking way.

Have you listened to Trunk Muzik? Let's Roll? Shady 2.0 freestyle? Rack City freestyle?

The guy has a load of talent. Most people disliked Radioactive though.

Macca

He's talented. I mean, if you're into that sound I don't really see how you couldn't like Yela, except for the whole "country" thing.

What about him don't you get?

Oh, and GAF-Hop should be checking out White Jesus Revival. Fuck. Bloody Murdah is a beast of a track.

Macca

This video is just...I can't..

Drippin' Swagu
Also, fuck the double post, but damn this is the best beat I've heard this year. Swag as shit. His whole tape is good.

Check it:

n3N9Z.png

http://www.woodysproduce.com/
Fuck, we should go over one of these. Who's keen?

That Swaggu beat is pretty good, I love that sample. Last of the Dying Breed on Ludacris Theater of the mind used the same sample, was probably my favorite beat on that album.

Biggie died 15 years ago. Lets post our favorite songs:

Gimme the Loot, always was my favorite biggie song.

this shit is hype as fuck

Tokubetsu

Gunplay and Meek Mill are the best things in MMG. Welcome to the church of gunplay. GET HYPE

http://youtu.be/Dbx6mkbwuGI

I don't even count the original Rick Ross x Wale track as the right version. It doesn't exist. All that matters is Gunplay's "Tats on My arm" freestyle.

TURN YOUR HOOD TO LEBANON

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom