• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
ROB THE JEWELERY STORE AND TELL EM MAKE ME A GRILL

Always thought grills were ugly as fuck but that track has one of my favorite beats ever.

PBY

Banned
Weezy partnering with Mountain Dew... blech. Deweezy is the worst name ever btw.
20120309-DEWEEZY1.jpg

We are excited to partner Lil Wayne’s brand with a brand like Mountain Dew, a household name. By showing interest in Lil Wayne, both Mountain Dew and the Glu Agency showed us they were forward thinking and valued the impact that Lil Wayne’s brand has had and will continue to have on global pop culture.

TheOddOne

Video: T.I. Introduces Grand Hustle 2.0, Signing Each One, Talks Upcoming Projects & More
Grand Hustle 2.0 has been formed, the “Hustle Gang” as T.I.P. calls it. Iggy Azalea, D.O.P.E., Chip and Trae The Truth are the components. In an interview with DJ Drama, Cliff introduces them, why he chose to sign them all, upcoming projects, future movies (including a big remake), Iggy making the freshmen class and so much more. Part two and three after the cut.
Videos at link ofcource.

Drive Slow? :p

Drive Slow is the better track but Grillz was EVERYWHERE. Probably the most popular track he's done outside of Still Tippin'.

something something my mouth lookin like a discoball. Says it in so many songs, actually in grillz and drive slow I believe haha.
Always thought grills were ugly as fuck but that track has one of my favorite beats ever.

I never liked top grills personally, but always thought just getting a bottom one was cool, never got one though.

SUPREME1

Banned
Weezy partnering with Mountain Dew... blech. Deweezy is the worst name ever btw.
20120309-DEWEEZY1.jpg

We are excited to partner Lil Wayne’s brand with a brand like Mountain Dew, a household name. By showing interest in Lil Wayne, both Mountain Dew and the Glu Agency showed us they were forward thinking and valued the impact that Lil Wayne’s brand has had and will continue to have on global pop culture.

Like a stubborn cough that just won't go away.

Esch

Banned
I feel like a terrrrible person- I can objectively appreciate with Biggie's stuff, but he's never clicked with me. I actually don't really personally like his stuff that much, I've always been Wu Tang>>>>Biggie. Kinda feel the same way about 2pac too.

you might just be the antichrist of rap

Recon

Banned
Wrong statement.

Wu>Biggie aint a thing, but saying you dont like big or pac is
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif

I am completely lost at the second part. Plus, no one in the clan is better than big or had a better album. 36 Chambers is a classic, but Ready To Die is a life changing album. It isnt this or that, BIG was just on another level. Fact.

PBY

Banned
you might just be the antichrist of rap

Its not that I don't think Biggie or Pac are objectively good, BUT I don't think that either represents the end all, be all of their respective coasts.

edit: Neither had an album that clicked with me like Illmatic, 36 Chambers, or Straight out of Compton

T Dollarz

I think 36 Chambers and Ready to Die are equal in significance. 2Pac, while All Eyez On Me is definitely classic, hasn't had the same cultural impact. I like Tupac more as individual songs, but 36 Chambers and Ready to Die as albums are absolutely top notch, right below Illmatic.

PBY

Banned
I think 36 Chambers and Ready to Die are equal in significance. 2Pac, while All Eyez On Me is definitely classic, hasn't had the same cultural impact. I like Tupac more as individual songs, but 36 Chambers and Ready to Die as albums are absolutely top notch, right below Illmatic.

Illmatic=36 Chambers>>>>>>>R2D imho

T Dollarz

Alright fuck it, let's go all out. Top 5 90s albums! GO!

1. Nas - Illmatic
2. Outkast - ATLiens
3. Biggie - Ready to Die
4. GZA - Liquid Swords
5. Jay-Z - Reasonable Doubt

PBY

Banned
Alright fuck it, let's go all out. Top 5 90s albums! GO!

1. Nas - Illmatic
2. Outkast - ATLiens
3. Biggie - Ready to Die
4. GZA - Liquid Swords
5. Jay-Z - Reasonable Doubt

No Kanye in the 90s, therefore no list.

J/k tho, thats a good list, mine:

Illmatic
36 Chambers
Reasonable Doubt
OB4CL
ATLiens

^Damn thats a hard list to make.

T Dollarz

Fuck, I still need to listen to OB4CL. And yes, list is hard as fuck to make. I wanted to include The Chronic and 36 Chambers but had to make cuts...

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
He's right. If somebody says they're not a big Wu fan, you think they're a little odd, maybe not an East Coast dude. If somebody says they don't like Ready to Die, your initial thought is they don't know shit about rap. Shits just on another level.

Esch

Banned
He's right. If somebody says they're not a big Wu fan, you think they're a little odd, maybe not an East Coast dude. If somebody says they don't like Ready to Die, your initial thought is they don't know shit about rap. Shits just on another level.
Liquid Swords appreciation is for the refined fan, Ready to Die standom is for the uninitiated.

Recon

Banned
Liquid Swords appreciation is for the refined fan, Ready to Die standom is for the uninitiated.

Only Wu stan's appreciate it, it doesnt transcend the genre like Ready to Die, Illmatic, ATLiens, etc. There are good hip hop albums, and there are classics. Liquid Swords falls into the former.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Ready To Die is one which I've always rated lower than I'm told I should. It's definitely not in my top 10 from the 90s, or overall. Growing up I liked BIG, but I never oh shit loved him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom