• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Ace, that Luda Mix is ridiculous. Always been a big fan of Luda, he just never seemed to be able to carry an entire album. But he's got so many great tracks.

Tim_South

Neo Member
Stop taking those Bath Salts kamps, it has rotted your mind. WTT was a shit album by any metric. NiP was the ONLY listenable track. Exactly why they play that shit 10 times at concerts.

Murder to Excellence? Dat transition...

No Church in the Wild...the music of movie trailers for all trailers?

Or were you joking?

Esch

Banned
Drizzy Drake "I'm the first person to successfully rap and sing"

images

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
The B.Coming >>>>> The Truth

The Truth is still great though, have it on CD, I was 13 when i bought it. I'll never forget the feeling when I first heard the beat for The Truth, sounded amazing, who knew that same dude would become one of the greatest producers in hip hop today.

Yeah I always thought the B. Coming was Bean's best overall album too. Too bad he was in jail and couldn't promote it properly. Dame should of put it on the backburner and released it as Bean's coming home album instead of his going away album.

kamspy

B.Coming is good, but I'd put it behind The Truth and The Reason. Opinions though....

They're all good. For anyone new to Beans, I would start at The Truth though.

andthebeatgoeson

I am not the biggest Jay fan but I always assumed Jay has been semi retired since the Reasonable Doubt.

Everything since has been more about getting mainstream audiences money than anything else.

He can still rap but why bother when he could half ass it and make 3x's the money.

Let me help you out with that. I'm not one of those crack pots that claim a guy's first album is always the best or something stupid. But his skill on that one album puts anything else he did to shame. He just wasn't interested in pushing the game. Compared to Em, Jay mailed in every other album. And Jay's albums were not bad. Definitely a lot of 8s and approaching 9. But he had more in common with Lebron before the end of this season.

Esch

Banned
Jay just realized people were more into his laid back metaphorical flow and stuck with it. I dont see anything wrong with that, although I would have liked one more Reasonable Doubt type joint.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Let me help you out with that. I'm not one of those crack pots that claim a guy's first album is always the best or something stupid. But his skill on that one album puts anything else he did to shame. He just wasn't interested in pushing the game. Compared to Em, Jay mailed in every other album. And Jay's albums were not bad. Definitely a lot of 8s and approaching 9. But he had more in common with Lebron before the end of this season.

RD was his best pure rap album skill wise maybe but just like Lebron he added to his game flow wise and gained the tools to make classic albums that could be appreciated by the mainstream.

Anyhow I don't think he mailed in Vol.1, Blueprint, or Black Album. Each of those albums were full of quality tracks.

PBY

Banned
I think an r and b mix could be nice, ace.

I also have a request- a gym/lifting mix in the vein of the ignorant mixes- but basically just with angry, hard hitting gym music- stuff like take it to the head for example wouldn't fit. Thinking like jeezy, em, etc etc. Know ur busy tho no worries- nastynas is niiiice btw.

PBY

Banned
I think an r and b mix could be nice, ace.

I also have a request- a gym/lifting mix in the vein of the ignorant mixes- but basically just with angry, hard hitting gym music- stuff like take it to the head for example wouldn't fit. Thinking like jeezy, em, etc etc. Know ur busy tho no worries- nastynas is niiiice btw.

kamspy

What is Redman doing these days? I didn't listen to his last album for some reason.

What an idiot.

Don't listen to Reggie. Just don't. Save yourself the pain. Check out the Gilla House mixtapes. Much better. Also, don't look at recent pics of him. It'll make you a sad panda.

kamspy

Nelly, Cudi, Pharell, Andre 3000, Kanye all say Hello.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7t7cftki21qd8izfo1_500.gmg][/QUOTE]

Or Z-RO, or Fat Pat, or Bone Thugs, 3-6 Mafia etc. etc.

[quote="Eschaton, post: 40338874"]Jay just realized people were more into his laid back metaphorical flow and stuck with it. I dont see anything wrong with that, although I would have liked one more Reasonable Doubt type joint.[/QUOTE]

Vol 1. Skip tracks 2 and 3 and you've got Reasonable Doubt 2

[quote="Zeus Molecules, post: 40338359"]Agreed. AG is just a rich Jay trying to imitate what hustling Jay said on RD and Vol.1.[/QUOTE]

Truth, but if I'm dying for a Pepsi and all the store has is Store Brand cola, I'll still drink it. Better than nothing.

Esch

Banned
The sound on this Liquid Swords is fucking amazing. The bass is amazing. It's remastered from the original tapes apparently.

We were on the same ship when the slaves were checked
I had to pull your card, you was on the top deck
So I plotted my escape, I saw the thin line between love and hate
And fast from the hog on the plate
I suffered brutal pain, from whips and chains
Punishments that were set to wash the brain
So look listen observe and also respect this jewel
Drawed up, detect and reflect this
Light I shine, that cause my power to be find
Through the truth, which manifest through eternal minds
Purified gases and masses the same elements
That helped spark civilization classes
I see brothers quote math plus degrees
Look at professor ass niggas can't feed they own seeds

best hip hop album ever.

The sound on this Liquid Swords is fucking amazing. The bass is amazing. It's remastered from the original tapes apparently.

We were on the same ship when the slaves were checked
I had to pull your card, you was on the top deck
So I plotted my escape, I saw the thin line between love and hate
And fast from the hog on the plate
I suffered brutal pain, from whips and chains
Punishments that were set to wash the brain
So look listen observe and also respect this jewel
Drawed up, detect and reflect this
Light I shine, that cause my power to be find
Through the truth, which manifest through eternal minds
Purified gases and masses the same elements
That helped spark civilization classes
I see brothers quote math plus degrees
Look at professor ass niggas can't feed they own seeds

best hip hop album ever.

Re:awesome sound

Listening to the vinyl or CD?

siddx

A remastered liquid swords would be something I'd be interested in. I've owned the cassette tape and some shitty sound quality rip of a cd. And in both cases the sound quality was atrocious to the point that the bass was muffled and some of the highs were so screwy it made me turn the volume down. Just goes to show how good an album it is that I still loved it anyways.

kamspy

Yo, NBA 2K12 started crashing on my between quarters. Every single time.

Only mod is the NBA TV scoreboard. Amazon version of game FWIW. No new drivers or anything.

Maybe it can't handle the awesomeness that is the Knicks new line up. I do not know. Just really salty. I play that shit everyday. Or I did at least. :(

Cudder

Oh, and yesterday in a plug.dj session someone said this album wasn't good. I don't know who it was, but FUCK YOU. Shit is nice.

Reason_Cover.jpg

Esch

Banned
man, i have this remaster of liquid swords. what ever will i do with it all to myself?

obviously listen to it... i guess... I love this community.

You guys should send me a message once in a while so i can show you I care.

CRS

So Esch's stanning over Liquid Swords made me listen to it in it's entirety for the first time.

It's really good. The only criticism I have is Cold World's chorus. Shit felt out of place. Solid fuckin' album. Oh and insert production praise <here>.

Bishman

COLE WORLD IS BACK!

THE CURE

Cole killed this shit! GAF is retarded with the hate on J. Cole. SMH.

"Wit my heart on my sleeve, I bleed
Pardon my greed, I plead insanity,
with a side of vanity
How can it be, I blew up single-handedly
Aint nobody handed me shit,
granted though I planned to be rich"

Screaming fuck whitey forgetting I'm still mulatto
Aye reverend will I get to heaven, he said "shh hell if I know

1. Reasonable Doubt
2. Vol 1
3. Blueprint
4. Black Album
5. Watch The Throne
6. Roc La Familia
7. American Gangster
8. BP2
9. Vol 2
10. Kingdom Come
11. BP3
12. Vol 3

Definitive Hov Listing

Just noticed top 5 are all 5 mic albums. Cottdam Hov. Jordan of rap for real.

pfft. his verse on GFID is A1 and Watch the Throne was the best rap album last year.

I would definitely agree with this list. GAF being GAF with the WTT hate lol.

siddx

So Esch's stanning over Liquid Swords made me listen to it in it's entirety for the first time.

It's really good. The only criticism I have is Cold World's chorus. Shit felt out of place. Solid fuckin' album. Oh and insert production praise <here>.

First time ever? Thats it, you are being traded to the pop-gaf thread in return for an undrafted 5'2 small guard from Bulgaria

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Oh, and yesterday in a plug.dj session someone said this album wasn't good. I don't know who it was, but FUCK YOU. Shit is nice.

Reason_Cover.jpg
Shit is boring. You keep expecting it to take off and there to be a standout record in there but it never happens.

Quest's career is an unfulfilled promise.

Also The Cure is aight. Nothing special, but it isn't bad.

siddx

The only song on Liquid Swords I don't think belongs on there is Labels. I mean I like the track, it's a dope song, but I never felt like it fit with the rest of the album.

Esch

Banned
Haha. I understand that it's a classic so I will take an L for listening to it so late, but I rather listen to it because I wanted to rather than had to.

Im also assuming this means you havent heard Beneath the Surface and Grandmasters.

Do that.
First time ever? Thats it, you are being traded to the pop-gaf thread in return for an undrafted 5'2 small guard from Bulgaria

his shit is weak like clock radio speakers

CRS

I'll admit it. The only Wu solo works I've listened to in their entirety are OB4CL, Ironman, Tical, and Liquid Swords. Was never really interested in Wu's solo works. I grew up on the West so I was introduced to East Coast shit really late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom