• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I feel like this applies more to BIBLE.

True, but I think BIBLE benefits from being at the very end of the album while Labels is right in the middle. I feel like I'm in the middle of an ancient kung fu epic and then Labels comes up and suddenly I'm in modern day New York in a subway car scaring old white ladies.

Esch

Banned
I'll admit it. The only Wu solo works I've listened to in their entirety are OB4CL, Ironman Tical, and Liquid Swords. Was never really interested in Wu's solo works. I grew up on the West so I was introduced to East Coast shit really late.

1235644960_50_cent_does_not_approve.gif

siddx

I'll admit it. The only Wu solo works I've listened to in their entirety are OB4CL, Ironman, Tical, and Liquid Swords. Was never really interested in Wu's solo works. I grew up on the West so I was introduced to East Coast shit really late.

I hadn't heard OB4CL until a few years ago so I can kind of relate. I was also a West Coast only guy for a long time. In fact I didn't give two fucks about Wu until Wu Forever made me buy 36 chambers. I remember seeing classmates with Both OB4CL and Return to the 36 and thinking they looked like cool album covers but I was too busy listening to Death Row to give em a shot.

Esch

Banned
True, but I think BIBLE benefits from being at the very end of the album while Labels is right in the middle. I feel like I'm in the middle of an ancient kung fu epic and then Labels comes up and suddenly I'm in modern day New York in a subway car scaring old white ladies.

Not gonna lie, I dont get this at all siddx. But thats what I like about you. Your incomprehensibility.

CRS

I hadn't heard OB4CL until a few years ago so I can kind of relate. I was also a West Coast only guy for a long time. In fact I didn't give two fucks about Wu until Wu Forever made me buy 36 chambers. I remember seeing classmates with Both OB4CL and Return to the 36 and thinking they looked like cool album covers but I was too busy listening to Death Row to give em a shot.

I did have one friend who bled Wu and the dude would not stop listening to it and would always fucking recommend it. It got to the point where anything Wu put a bad taste in my mouth. Listening to music on your own time and when you want to definitely helps with your ability to like the album. I'm glad I can listen to it now and fully appreciate the genius of the albums.

I'll admit it. The only Wu solo works I've listened to in their entirety are OB4CL, Ironman, Tical, and Liquid Swords. Was never really interested in Wu's solo works. I grew up on the West so I was introduced to East Coast shit really late.

You haven't heard Supreme Clientele either?

Esch

Banned
CRS also hasnt seen the Godfather. Or played Half Life 2. Or watched the paris hilton sextape. Or let a girl snort cocaine off his shaft.

Sad sad times.

PBY

Banned
Back to Rick Ross- why did " You da boss" w/ Nicki Minaj get dropped as a single? I know it "flopped" but did it get ANY promotion? It just kinda... was released.

Havoc Says Mobb Deep Is On An "Indefinite Hiatus," Confirms He Blasted Prodigy On Twitter

lol, i remember someone calling out Havoc about claiming he was hacked on twitter....now he says he did put Prodigy on blast and making a diss song ha.

Seems like the rumors about P being gay are true. Sucks he'll likely deny to his dying breath instead of just admitting it and moving on. Allegedly Hav stumbled across Prodigy love letters to some dude in prison lol

I don't think there's room for a "gay" gangsta rapper, but I doubt people would stop going to Prodigy shows just because of this shit.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Seems like the rumors about P being gay are true. Sucks he'll likely deny to his dying breath instead of just admitting it and moving on. Allegedly Hav stumbled across Prodigy love letters to some dude in prison lol

I don't think there's room for a "gay" gangsta rapper, but I doubt people would stop going to Prodigy shows just because of this shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUwvlkjf5rM

^ So this was all a lie *Sigh

HiResDes

So all of that Pretty P really was just an attempt to capitalize on the recent pretty-boy swag movement and ease himself out of the closet under a veil of a vie for relevancy.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
If P came out, I'd still regard his level of spits between Hell on Earth and Murda Muzik as legendary. You can't take that from a dude.
The only song on Liquid Swords I don't think belongs on there is Labels. I mean I like the track, it's a dope song, but I never felt like it fit with the rest of the album.

This is madness.

kamspy

Uh, who remastered this GZA? Seems like they just turned on bass boost and let it ride. Dunno.

EDIT: Havoc being a bitch. If P is gay, good for him, but I don't see it.

We should listen to Cappadonna's The Pillage one time on Gaf-Hop listens, maybe just hype it as a Wu-Tang Cult Favorite.

So much truth. Pillage is a classic. Criminally underrated.

IrishNinja

RIP Nate

Don't listen to Reggie. Just don't. Save yourself the pain. Check out the Gilla House mixtapes. Much better. Also, don't look at recent pics of him. It'll make you a sad panda.

see now i gotta go look doc up - i know i heard his last shit on spotify and it was kinda unexciting though. ima go find this mixtape now.

HNNNGHHHH so bought tonight

It was all good until I read that blurb and they pluralised MCs as "MC's"... skipping on that.

haha...okay?

Thats cause you love everything. You're a hip hop nympho

no one can deny this. no one.

So Esch's stanning over Liquid Swords made me listen to it in it's entirety for the first time.

It's really good. The only criticism I have is Cold World's chorus. Shit felt out of place. Solid fuckin' album. Oh and insert production praise <here>.

CRS i take back everytime i shat on e 1999 eternal without hearing it through, this is like a hip-hop crime you're confessing too and i wanna narc on you so hard

I feel like this applies more to BIBLE.

this, track only (kinda) worked as an epilogue in my mind.

Or Fishscale, or Bulletproof Wallets, or Grandmasters, or Beneath the Surface, or Return to the 36, or Uncontrolled Substance, or OB4CL2, or No Said Date, or Heavy Mental....

:(

right?! dude is only further compounding his crimes here. it's heartbreaking, i thought he was a decent person.

We should listen to Cappadonna's The Pillage one time on Gaf-Hop listens, maybe just hype it as a Wu-Tang Cult Favorite.

im down for this.

PBY

Banned
Real talk- daughters might be the most heartfelt song this year. Too good, gets me every time. Well done Nasir.

siddx

I had forgotten how good Shadowboxin is. Meth and Gza go in and the beat is pretty much perfect.

kamspy

Anybody wanna be an OG and trade me the Sniper Elite v2 DLC for AmrA 2 or Zombie Driver? Or any of the TF2 bullshit in my inventory.

How was Wu-Massacre received? I literally remember nothing surrounding the release of that album.

CL2 had come out the year before and really revived the Wu to a degree. The first single featured Ghost/Rae/Meth and was pretty hot, so when word came out that the three would be doing a project together everyone was hyped. Then the album art work leaked and people got even more hyped.

Ayo remember the Seven style promo the album had, with each member portrayed as a serial killer? That was dope as fuck. Then the first single (Our Dreams) came out and it was weak. Everything has to be aimed at women, god damn...

Anyway, the actual album had mixed reviews but overall most Wu heads felt it was rushed, and not the project fans were promised. Verses were tacked on to mixtape beats. Multiple remixes of old tracks, tracks released ages ago, horribly mastered/engineered, too many skits, etc.

Personally as a Wu head, the album has some dope shit on it, but overall feels like a throwaway. Plus it gave us this classic:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaKq6P7ZHaE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom