• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
Anybody wanna be an OG and trade me the Sniper Elite v2 DLC for AmrA 2 or Zombie Driver? Or any of the TF2 bullshit in my inventory.

Lemme get this straight, you're offering ArmA 2 for kill hitler DLC?

edit: actually nah i need combined ops for DayZ appparently FUCK

IrishNinja

How about Shaolin vs. Wu-Tang?

WTF, I know I heard these projects, why can't I remember them?

SVWT wasn't as well received as Only Built2 but I thought it was pretty good. The chanting outro left the biggest impression on me, goosebumps first time I heard it, too hype for an outro.

this, and PD said it better/more specifically too.

they were unmemorable

SvWT had some nice ones, though. ill still bump snake pond and a few others, but it does lack a potentially classic banger like say House of Flying Daggers.

Nas’ Untitled Was Supposed To Be a Joint Album w/ Jay Electronica…
Really good interview as well. Did Jay Elect really ghostwrite Queens Get the Money off "untiteld"?

first ive heard of that, damn. would love to see these 2 get together but its crazy enough to learn jay elec potentially worked on anything.

Shaolin vs. Wu-Tang had some dope songs but I found it to be very disappointing. CL2 was such a success that I and many others assumed the followup would be bigger - better production, more Wu bangers, etc. Instead the album feels like it had a low budget and barely has any Ghostface verses.

Butter Fingers was the first single and truly sounded like some grimy Wu shit, it made me go crazy. Then the title track dropped and my hyped went over 9000. Then the album dropped and it was...meh, none of the beats matched those first two singles.

T Dollarz

Saw a link in here earlier to the Liquid Swords remastered, was that taken down?

Anyways, I'm pumped for this. It might be my favorite hip hop album ever and I would love to add that collector's item... well, start my collection ha.

That new J. Cole was so bad. Like seriously, of all the songs to sample, Lift Off?

A$ap Mob - Bath Salt is doooopee!!!

There He Go vid is pretty weak, but goddammit do I love that song...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Lift Off is an amazing song ruined by the worst Jay verse in ages and (kinda) some mumbling from Kanye. Rest of it is still prime sample material.

Tokubetsu

Russian Roulette is the twenty-twelve rap odyssey of the year. It takes you on a journey. Some of you should look into making this pilgrimage.

Coal

Lift Off is an amazing song ruined by the worst Jay verse in ages and (kinda) some mumbling from Kanye. Rest of it is still prime sample material.

Yo man I just want to stop you for a second, because Lift Off is cool and everything but Single Ladies is one of the greatest videos of all time!

Yo man I just want to stop you for a second, because Lift Off is cool and everything but Single Ladies is one of the greatest videos of all time!
lVc1u.gif

CRS

Huh.

Here's a link to the instrumental version of Lesiureforce.

And here's the actual track.

Try going to Aesop Rock's artist page and find the album through there?

I mean both versions of the album are available on the desktop version. That's strange.

Edit: You're on your phone. Not sure if Spotify would open those links. :/

...guess I gotta check out that Alchemist album.

I finally listened to Apathy's album from last year, probably would have been in my top 10 had I given it a chance when it was released.

Esch

Banned
Russian Roulette is the twenty-twelve rap odyssey of the year. It takes you on a journey. Some of you should look into making this pilgrimage.

I mean its just the album of the year. Gotta come to terms with it sometime.

It plucks at my cold, black heartstrings.

Esch

Banned
It reminded me of Mastodon's album, the Czar one a lot.

If anything I got like a more shreddy and dissonant Akuma no Uta era Boris vibe from it.

I can see that too though, i just feel like the guitar playing is very.... japan shreddy. some of the more melodic parts have that basement russian black metal vibe to them too. kinda Graveland-y.

I dont know what im talking about.

IrishNinja

Break down of the Havoc/P shit. Sounds like some shady shit
http://illseed.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/HavocLetter.jpg

TLDR: Havoc's cousin got home from a 15y bid and started leaning on him. Havoc is too shook to cut ties, whereas P wasn't fucking with that street shit and told the cousin to fuck off. Now the cousin is throwing blood signs and surrounding Havoc with dumbass goons. Havoc is too shook and drunk to do shit.

just read through that mess & watched that dude put p on blast on a radio station...glad my cousins aren't gully.

speaking of, what the fuck happened to Keith Murray?

i was just putting people onto this over in the FB page, stop swaggerjackin tokus

iavi

All this Russian Roulette love warms my heart. It's so far ahead everything else for my AOTY vote that I highly doubt anything-regardless of genre-will touch it, even with all the time that's left on the year.

It's the first album I've bought the digital of, will buy the physical of as soon as I get paid, and will buy the vinyl of-if that's ever released since 2008.

And, hell, I haven't even taken the journey with it yet. Fuck.

E:

On another note; I've been listening to this nonstop for the past day since finding it on Spotify. It's like someone took the aural aesthetic of Grandmaster flash and had him do a few more white lines.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjC-hznTwMA

HiResDes

My ideas for the listening party:

1. A lesser felt TDE album, either Overly Dedicated or Setbacks
2. A lesser felt Wu Album, Cappadonna's The Pillage or maybe GFK's Fishscale 2
3. A lesser felt album from last year, yU's The Earn maybe
4. Ganjah K's Danksta Life
5. A Boot Camp Clik album.
6. A Dalek album to broaden genre understandings.

IrishNinja

im down for all of that (fuck i think i missed fischale too, is that the same as more fish?), i just always make it in late so the theme's over. i went to the cube one and was the only dude playing cube at that point...

ps doing ace's nas mix right now - early transitions were a bit rough, they're smooth as butter now though. im on NY state of mind 2

Esch

Banned
hahaha, im always waiting to be called on this, but it's kinda my M.O. now. i like to dive into shit after the hype and anti-hype dies down!

you check out albums on ginger standard time, i understand

ayo i really wanna play a Nujabes full length in the listening party before the end of the summer.

iavi

you check out albums on ginger standard time, i understand

ayo i really wanna play a Nujabes full length in the listening party before the end of the summer.

I'd be down for a marathon of all three lps. We could even throw the Ristorante tapes in for that extra special measure.

where's this russian roulette album? i know not what it is or who it's by

The Alchemist's Russian Roulette

IrishNinja

goddammit eshas i was bout to make a lazy "saw your uncle down at 7-11" joke

but now that we both got mini-chess tables, we just gon have to solve this with some ol TIGER STYLE shit

ps Ristorante aint bad but id rather throw some other hydeout/fat jon/etc stuff in its place personally

Macca

Ayo, thought more people would be talking about that Dre/50. Shit was solid, I liked it.

It's odd though, produced by Dre, but mastered by Eminem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom