• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokubetsu

Detox

He made a song called welcome to Knightsbridge with Diddy that is like Slim da Mobster making a song called Billionaire's club with Dr Dre. Easy to see Nas bodied him and that is why he is no longer featured.

Esch

Banned

tumblr_llaj1fufIL1qzjix8.gif

I won't believe it until it's on my iTunes

I want to know how many beats does Just Blaze have on there, and whether we'll ever get a full, REAL version of Dear Moleskin

Detox

The Oni mask thread reminded me thanks for the Five Deadly Venoms recommendation Eschaton. Are they any other films similar to it that you would recommend I've already seen 36th Chamber.

Esch

Banned
Did my man really just make another Badu song after the whole Rothschild thing tho

that is an L beyond the limits of human imagination

Detox

There's always Act III!
lol

Really though, it's more heavy on features than I expected. Not sure if that's a good thing.

Imagine J Cole's face when he sees that feature list. He struggled to get a feature from Jay-Z at the last minute.

Detox

I can't even imagine what the single will be, based on those titles lol.

I'm going to guess the single is one of the Kanye songs just because those are the ones recorded recently when he was in London and we know the album was being held up because it didn't have a radio song.

IrishNinja

The Oni mask thread reminded me thanks for the Five Deadly Venoms recommendation Eschaton. Are they any other films similar to it that you would recommend I've already seen 36th Chamber.

yo if esha dont get back to you on this, i will. i still got a lotta shaw bros classics to catch up on first though.

lol

we don't believe you, you need more people

damn, i was gonna post this if you didn't, man.

Esch

Banned

Damn, whoops i never saw this post.

Clan of the White Lotus
Come Drink With Me
Shaolin vs. Wu-Tang
Dirty Ho

I'm going to guess the single is one of the Kanye songs just because those are the ones recorded recently when he was in London and we know the album was being held up because it didn't have a radio song.

Each Kanye track is less than 3 minutes long, no way those are singles

Listening to 2 recs from you guys...

Flatbush Zombies are alright I guess. Remind me of a really underground and unappealing ASAP sound. I can fuck with it though. Its gritty.

1/2 is aight tho.
No one literally recommended this lol, ib fact I think I was the only one to post impressions, but yeah it's okay. Some really good but mostly okay songs
Y'all don't know. Jay Elec could be the Valve of rap.
So what is his HL2? I have an idea.

Recon

Banned
neither have I. I never listened to him and thought damn this dude is fucking amazing I'd wait years for him to drop an album.

Yup. I remember people on here were drooling over Dear Moleskin snippets, and when I heard it, it was boring flow with nice lyrics. That beat was amazing though.

Esch

Banned
I never understood the hype surrounding Jay. He was a nice rapper, but, there are a bunch of those.

If you listen to exhibit A/B/C and you arent on some
wow.png
shit you'll never understand

-distinct rapping voice
-obvious skills
-dreamy, hazy production with the right compromise between electronica and bap

Recon

Banned
If you listen to exhibit A/B/C and you arent on some
wow.png
shit you'll never understand

-distinct rapping voice
-obvious skills
-dreamy, hazy production with the right compromise between electronica and bap

I totally see the appeal of his skills and the production he chooses. But his voice isnt so much distinct, as boring and snooze worthy.

-complains about shallowness/lack of content in modern hip-hop
-shuns the potential next rakim

Nah son, Im all about that ignorant shit now. A$AP is my next Rakim, trust.

Man :(, I thought there was an instrumental version of Russian Roulette. Alchemist needs to release that, so I can replace some of these rappers with just the instrumental.

I shoot the pistol with the whistle sound
and catch the shell before it hit the ground

Esch

Banned
Dont be a dick. Never once praised anyone for being deep. I somehow got this reputation for only liking "intelligent" rappers. But actually, I just hated idiot rappers like Gucci/Wacka.
im just playin'

plus i think you got past that on some level anyway

Recon

Banned
im just playin'

plus i think you got past that on some level anyway

Yeah, I still like intelligent rappers, but, swag rappers have become my new favorite. I cant tell if I like them ironically or genuinely, but I like them. Except Lil B. Dude is straight garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom