• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
Macca007 said:
Laphroaig 18 year old.

noah.png

Haha yessssss!
That fucking hook!
Man, I've gotten so much joy out of that shit these past few days.

"THESE (insert whatever we're looking at/talking about) WON'T HOLD ME BACK!" is all I've been saying since I heard that track haha

Esch

Banned
Agreed. TDKR is amazing. Second viewing is even better.
The action scenes were really dope. I saw a certain tweest coming tho
when dude thought bane was a child, real g's knew Ras's child was a chick.

Tom Hardy did a great job as Bane. I thought he wouldnt be a patch on the Joker but he certainly came close. Although I thought his body language was a little awkward (always putting hands on his coat/collar in a really unnatural looking way), he definitely did the role justice.

T Dollarz

Tom Hardy did a great job as Bane. I thought he wouldnt be a patch on the Joker but he certainly came close. Although I thought his body language was a little awkward (always putting hands on his coat/collar in a really unnatural looking way), he definitely did the role justice.

I just assumed that Nolan had made a change to the story, so I wasn't expecting a twist. Didn't think that was awkward with his hands, but rather cool. Having watched all three films last week, I think they are all equally amazing, but with a flaw or two in each.

Recon

Banned

I knew
Talia's backstory, but I just assumed Nolan was taking liberties with the story and made Bane Ras' son. So even though I assumed Miranda was Talia since her casting, I was still caught off guard

Bane completely dominated every scene he was in. His speech in the sewer and his "Do you feel in charge" line were fucking incredible.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
TDKR> BB= TDK

that is all
This could not be more wrong.

The only thing TDKR excels at compared to it's predecessors is creating tone. Previous two have better endings, less plot holes, better contained stories. I suppose the action in TDKR is slightly better in areas too. It's a more action-y kind of movie than the previous two, that's for sure.

Recon

Banned
This could not be more wrong.

The only thing TDKR excels at compared to it's predecessors is creating tone. Previous two have better endings, less plot holes, better contained stories. I suppose the action in TDKR is slightly better in areas too. It's a more action-y kind of movie than the previous two, that's for sure.

The ending to TDKR is about as perfect an ending as could be. My only knock on TDKR is that it is a bit frantic in spots and doesnt develop important character enough. Nolan put out the best third part of a trilogy in the last 20 years. This is the "Real" Return of The King. Bow to Nolan.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The ending to TDKR is about as perfect an ending as could be. My only knock on TDKR is that it is a bit frantic in spots and doesnt develop important character enough. Nolan put out the best third part of a trilogy in the last 20 years.
I felt the
by-name mention of Robin was unnecessary and ruined the amazing tone the ending had going for it as well. It felt forced, especially considering Nolan/Bale's feelings about Robin in the universe in the past. The Catwoman kiss was unnecessary for an undeveloped and otherwise untrustworthy relationship, but I suppose it works in a in-the-moment kind of way.
It is indeed the best third part in a while. The Nolan Batman trilogy is pretty close to un-fuck-witable, I find it difficult to name trilogies as close to as consistent. I really enjoyed the ending though, those are just quibbles. The ending to TDK is too good.. that last shot with Gordon narrating gives me goosebumps every time.

excellent, now that I've had the enzo reverse opinion test I know I like TDKR
Okay, I laughed :lol

T Dollarz

Easily my favorite film this year. Better than Prometheus. Succeeded at doing what it set out to just the same as Avengers, but I appreciate a movie like TDKR more. 21 Jump Street and Ted were both lots of fun too. Amazing Spider-Man was actually pretty great... still really want to see Moonrise Kingdom, my friends aren't the types that would go see it :/

Recon

Banned
I felt the
by-name mention of Robin was unnecessary and ruined the amazing tone the ending had going for it as well. It felt forced, especially considering Nolan/Bale's feelings about Robin in the universe in the past. The Catwoman kiss was unnecessary for an undeveloped and otherwise untrustworthy relationship, but I suppose it works in a in-the-moment kind of way.
It is indeed the best third part in a while. The Nolan Batman trilogy is pretty close to un-fuck-witable, I find it difficult to name trilogies as close to as consistent. I really enjoyed the ending though, those are just quibbles. The ending to TDK is too good.. that last shot with Gordon narrating gives me goosebumps every time.

Okay, I laughed :lol

The robin exchange is so unimportant that I dont understand complaints with it. It was just a small line,in the same vein as the "Giant crocodile" line earlier in the film. I liked the kiss, because even though Batman had a plan to escape, he still didnt know if he had enough time to execute it. It could of been the last kiss he ever had.

Easily my favorite film this year. Better than Prometheus. Succeeded at doing what it set out to just the same as Avengers, but I appreciate a movie like TDKR more. 21 Jump Street and Ted were both lots of fun too. Amazing Spider-Man was actually pretty great... still really want to see Moonrise Kingdom, my friends aren't the types that would go see it :/

Moonrise Kingdom was better than Avengers/Spiderman, IMO. I did not expect anything good from it, but man, it blew me away.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Avengers still >>>>>> * but that's because I'm Marvel bias. Without bringing that Avengers/TDKR fanboy bullshit that plagues all the movie threads in this thread, I think both movies were successful at their tone of film, delivered plentifully and have made a goddamn great year for comic book movies. Even though I haven't seen ASM yet, which I'm not really excited to TBH.

IM3 is the movie I'm looking forward to most. Gun b da bess mayne. That's also looking to be one solid trilogy and yes I say that enjoying IM2. Movie gets excessive hate, probably because it's more comic book-ish than IM1.

Recon

Banned
Avengers still >>>>>> * but that's because I'm Marvel bias. Without bringing that Avengers/TDKR fanboy bullshit that plagues all the movie threads in this thread, I think both movies were successful at their tone of film, delivered plentifully and have made a goddamn great year for comic book movies. Even though I haven't seen ASM yet, which I'm not really excited to TBH.

IM3 is the movie I'm looking forward to most. Gun b da bess mayne. That's also looking to be one solid trilogy and yes I say that enjoying IM2. Movie gets excessive hate, probably because it's more comic book-ish than IM1.

I really liked Avengers. But, it was a boring story. Great set pieces and action, great writing. But I could not give a shit about the plot, probably because it was barely there.

IM3 could potentially be the best Marvel movie yet.

T Dollarz

See Amazing Spider-Man, I think it may surprise you. Second best spiderman film = fact. And I can't even front, I thought Iron Man 2 was terrible.

Recon

Banned
See Amazing Spider-Man, I think it may surprise you. Second best spiderman film = fact. And I can't even front, I thought Iron Man 2 was terrible.

ASM was my favorite Spidey film. Also, I agree, Iron Man 2 might of been my most disappointing movie of all time, if Prometheus didnt take that spot.

T Dollarz

Especially following the first Iron Man which I LOVED! Prometheus was pretty good, but was nowhere near my expectations. And Recon when's the last time you watched Spider-Man 2? I watched it a couple weeks ago and I think it rivals TDK for best comic book movie sequel. So good.

HiResDes

TDKR has an incredible amount of plot holes, awkward pacing, cheesy sob story dialogue, and entirely too much filler. It is the worst of three.

Ironman 2 sucks though, and Don Cheadle is the worst component

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom