• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

Lol, trashing Lasers is lame and tired. The Cool shits on Liquid Swords from any angle. Also, Wu as a collective only has 1 good album(hint, it isnt Forever). Rae and Ghost are the only solo careers worth mentioning. Meth is only worth a damn for a throwaway verse on album and when with Red. Ugod should be nuked from orbit. Not even the best group to come out of the 90's.

yoda, you built up something here. it's not worth throwing away to do joey buddens impressions man. this post is MLP level bad.

Recon

Banned
yoda, you built up something here. it's not worth throwing away to do joey buddens impressions man. this post is MLP level bad.

Wu Tang is like if you took Slaughterhouse, replaced them with Lil B clones, added some weed and bad production and you get the Wu Tang.

njean777

I wish I had gif to show you how dissapointed I am.

Whats wrong with both of them? I dont usually listen to much chill stuff. I usually listen to metalcore/hardcore/hip-hop/screamo/metal. I am not a aficionado of chill or alternative.

Wu Tang is like if you took Slaughterhouse, replaced them with Lil B clones, added some weed and bad production and you get the Wu Tang.

Ok yoda, calm down now, they are not nearly that bad.

Tokubetsu

No, it's more like if you just took four freestyle and battle oriented rappers, and told them they needed to start making albums but didn't put anyone in there who knew how to bring them down and get them to write songs. Groups only work if everyone in the group brings something to the table. Wu works because GZA and Masta Killa are the only ones who even remotely sound alike/hit the same subject matter. Outkast wouldn't be outkast if 3 stacks was like Big Boi and vice versa.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Whats wrong with both of them? I dont usually listen to much chill stuff. I usually listen to metalcore/hardcore/hip-hop/screamo/metal. I am not a aficionado of chill or alternative.

Ok yoda, calm down now, they are not nearly that bad.
Nothin wrong with em. But we had 2 weeknd threads ( i think 3, can't recall ) Just can't believe you missed em.

kamspy

Below The Heavens and The Cool make 2007 a fucking great year.

Neither really do it for me. I don't think they're bad, just average backpack rapper shit tbh. I'm not the demographics for those cats though. It's not like they were off the mark, shit just wasn't my favorite type of stuff in the first place.

njean777

Nothin wrong with em. But we had 2 weeknd threads ( i think 3, can't recall ) Just can't believe you missed em.

Yeah I am a little LTTP, I am for everything mostly. Never heard about Kendrick until Section 80 dropped. I depend on threads like this to direct me to newer music. Myspace is complete shit for the last 2 years, and Itunes doesn't help as much as it use to anymore. So guys YOU ARE MY ARMY, GO FIND ME MUSIC!!!!! Not to mention I am at school way to much and playing games way to much also.

IrishNinja

Let me tell you about Lupe.

GZA's first disciple was Masta Killa, who in turn had disciples. the 4th tier removed from GZA were like the weed carriers for his weed carriers. history doesn't even know the name of these men, but they are almost empirically guaranteed to flow better and express deeper thoughts than Lupe, who is exactly one Bill O'Reilly interview away from being as politically insightful as Julez Santana when he's high.

Nearly 40 MC's would have to die for him to even approach being top 20. saying he's the G.O.A.T. or has even made a classic is like me saying Lebron James is the greatest baller ever, because i've heard of him and he's alive right now. I can only say this because i literally don't know a thing about basketball, or even care to.

that's the level a Lupe stan runs on. The only influence he's ever had is on poor purchasing habits. I don't like saying dude's overrated, because that implies he should rate.

Recon

Banned
I was joking about the Wu. But I still think they werent even the best group to come out of the 90's hip hop scene, but Outkast/Bone/Gangstarr were on another level of genius. But they had the best solo albums out of all the groups.

Recon

Banned

GZA's first disciple was Masta Killa, who in turn had disciples. the 4th tier removed from GZA were like the weed carriers for his weed carriers. history doesn't even know the name of these men, but they are almost empirically guaranteed to flow better and express deeper thoughts than Lupe, who is exactly one Bill O'Reilly interview away from being as politically insightful as Julez Santana when he's high.

Nearly 40 MC's would have to die for him to even approach being top 20. saying he's the G.O.A.T. or has even made a classic is like me saying Lebron James is the greatest baller ever, because i've heard of him and he's alive right now. I can only say this because i literally don't know a thing about basketball, or even care to.

that's the level a Lupe stan runs on. The only influence he's ever had is on poor purchasing habits. I don't like saying dude's overrated, because that implies he should rate.

Who said he is the GOAT? Motherfucker, you needs to read good more better.

Mangotron

The Cool shits on Liquid Swords from any angle.

JWQ5s.gif

IrishNinja

man, you are way too harsh on WTT. it was so much better than MBDTWTF.

haha for real though, i never could get into Lupe - those first 2 albums are good but never clicked with me the way they did so many others; i think i went in wanting blackstar or something that resonated like that.

you're still crazy though recons: Gangstarr is no doubt classic but not easily comparable for me, since the king of monotone offers what he does, whereas Wu brought this army of styles. I can't speak on Bone cause ive honestly still never given them a fair shake, and CRS will throw rocks at me.

i think if you're gonna compare 90s groups, it'd be fair if you put them up against other supergroups, rather than duos, you know?

njean777

Kanye fucking a goat would be preferable to WTT.

YOU CANT DISAGREE! WTT doesnt count its was a duet album that Jay brought down. KANYE was the one who saved it!

haha for real though, i never could get into Lupe - those first 2 albums are good but never clicked with me the way they did so many others; i think i went in wanting blackstar or something that resonated like that.

you're still crazy though recons: Gangstarr is no doubt classic but not easily comparable for me, since the king of monotone offers what he does, whereas Wu brought this army of styles. I can't speak on Bone cause ive honestly still never given them a fair shake, and CRS will throw rocks at me.

i think if you're gonna compare 90s groups, it'd be fair if you put them up against other supergroups, rather than duos, you know?

Recon wanted a emotional album with WTT, what he got was fun, and he doesnt know how to have fun :/

IrishNinja

man, lazy-jay-z has brought shit down for years now, but i thought his effort on WTT was the best since...uh, American Gangster i guess?

edit oh my god, Everyday Struggle on this mix sounds so much better than i ever expected changing that classic beat would turn out

njean777

man, lazy-jay-z has brought shit down for years now, but i thought his effort on WTT was the best since...uh, American Gangster i guess?

edit oh my god, Everyday Struggle on this mix sounds so much better than i ever expected changing that classic beat would turn out

Yeah I know, I was just messing. Jay was pretty good on WTT IMO also.

kamspy

I wish yall could hear Jeezy do Juicy. He actually rapped every word and didn't 'pass the mic to the crowd' once. You can tell he really tried to rip it and did.

It was all a dream /JeezyVoice

Recon

Banned

Lupe wasnt gritty like Gangstarr was, his production was pretty different from other shit out too. I listened to The Cool on the way back to my school today, shit is just magical. It doesnt have a description because it just hits a lot of different areas.

I guess we could just compare Wu to other supergroups, but honestly, there werent a lot of great ones. I still say Bone was better, but for only one album. Shit went to hell after that, and only Krayzie released anything good outside the group.

kamspy

His verse on Why I Love You is nuff said to anyone who says he phoned in WTT. Dat perfect delivery. Perfect to the millisecond and he get's into some high degree of difficulty shit.

Mangotron

I wish yall could hear Jeezy do Juicy. He actually rapped every word and didn't 'pass the mic to the crowd' once. You can tell he really tried to rip it and did.

It was all a dream /JeezyVoice

Dude, I really hope someone uploads that, it sounds pretty sick. I've grown to appreciate Jeezy's style a lot recently.

ReconYoda said:
I guess we could just compare Wu to other supergroups

Does D12 count as a supergroup? I mean, half of them are dead and Em's making lady-raps now but I still think they were pretty decent.

EDIT: Nvm, I thought their first album came out earlier.

Recon

Banned
Dude, I really hope someone uploads that, it sounds pretty sick. I've grown to appreciate Jeezy's style a lot recently.

Does D12 count as a supergroup? I mean, half of them are dead and Em's making lady-raps now but I still think they were pretty decent.

D12 was garbage. Proof was the only decent person besides Em. Sometimes others had decent verses, but most sucked. Also, any group with Bizzare is automatically out of the running for best supergroup. Its like if Ugod ate 10 people and became 2x worse.

Esch

Banned

i7Wah6ZBUjepF.gif

Macca

D12 was garbage. Proof was the only decent person besides Em. Sometimes others had decent verses, but most sucked. Also, any group with Bizzare is automatically out of the running for best supergroup. Its like if Ugod ate 10 people and became 2x worse.
Bizarre is so fucking bad. How did he end up in a group with guys who could actually rap?

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I was joking about the Wu. But I still think they werent even the best group to come out of the 90's hip hop scene, but Outkast/Bone/Gangstarr were on another level of genius. But they had the best solo albums out of all the groups.

Goddamn, we agree on something...finally.

Recon

Banned
Graduation would of been a great album if Ye cut Barry Bonds and Drunk and hot girls and added bittersweet poetry. Also, not Even close between graduation and the cool. Lupes sophomore album shits all over it.

Recon, you've been looking at that framed Lasers cover too much. Get off that shit asap unless you want to turn into the white version of Whoopi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom