• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acid08

Banned
I don't think this week has been too bad. It did give us new Rittz, K.R.I.T. Gunplay and G Mane after all. hiphopdx has an upcoming albums list thing here. Action Bronson & Party Supplies are dropping a tape tomorrow and also that DX list doesn't mention it but E-40 is dropping 3 albums called Block Brochure on the 26th of March I think.
Stoked for that Bronson tape.

Esch

Banned
So GAF-HOP i just finished up a little ghost chili lamb vindaloo with my family. Any recommendations for what i listen to while i sweat it out on the john for an hour and a half?

PBY

Banned
I was debating trying my hand at this, and thought in the meantime I'd see if I had any beats laying around that fit. After running through a few dozen I thought this one clicked really well. It's not perfect but I thought it turned out way better than I expected.

click to download

Rashad and Confidence - The City (Siddx Remix)

Damn dude this is NICE. Fuck a contest, this is gonna get regular play from me regardless. Good luck/hope you win, I know I can't top this or even come close.

Recon

Banned
Just got around to listening to 4Eva N A Day tape...damn this tape is nice and chill. KRIT might be one of my favorite producers.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Damn dude this is NICE. Fuck a contest, this is gonna get regular play from me regardless. Good luck/hope you win, I know I can't top this or even come close.

Thanks man, I appreciate it, but I can't actually submit it since it's not sample based (which is against the rules) I did it all on a keyboard. You should definitely do something, all your sample based stuff on recon's album was A+ stuff.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Dunno if it's a pricing error but Take Care is only $0.25 on Amazon MP3 right now for the whole album.

DILLON.gif

T Dollarz

Just gave The Cool a proper listen. Cotdamn, what an album. I love the concept behind it. And as it started, I also happened to be watching a Derrick Rose highlight reel from last year's playoffs. Blended together perfectly. Just as the Miami series started, Superstar came on. Awesome. As for the album, it's definitely not perfect. It's too long and I think there are some songs that could be cut to make each track feel stronger. Overall, I'd say it's a 8.5, possibly 9 out of 10.

PBY

Banned
Just gave The Cool a proper listen. Cotdamn, what an album. I love the concept behind it. And as it started, I also happened to be watching a Derrick Rose highlight reel from last year's playoffs. Blended together perfectly. Just as the Miami series started, Superstar came on. Awesome. As for the album, it's definitely not perfect. It's too long and I think there are some songs that could be cut to make each track feel stronger. Overall, I'd say it's a 8.5, possibly 9 out of 10.

Would you say its a classic tho?

T Dollarz

Honestly, this is my first time listening to it top to bottom, so it's hard to say. My first impression would be a no go. There were definitely a few songs that didn't seem to fit in with the flow of the album. However, I must add, the high points were very high. Some extremely well made tracks on here. Actually, most of them. A few of them just felt... off.

PBY

Banned
Honestly, this is my first time listening to it top to bottom, so it's hard to say. My first impression would be a no go. There were definitely a few songs that didn't seem to fit in with the flow of the album. However, I must add, the high points were very high. Some extremely well made tracks on here. Actually, most of them. A few of them just felt... off.
I always tell people who like Lupe to listen to this:
questfront.jpg

http://www.hulkshare.com/clpym62nkupq

T Dollarz

Haha after looking at the album cover and then the release date I said huh? Nice, I'll check it out. I just started listening to Graduation. Good Morning *slow head nod*

CRS

Streets On Fire >>>

Always felt like Go Baby was a bonus track. Not a bad way to end the album at all but would have been much better if it ended with Fighters.

T Dollarz

I love the last 10 tracks the most. High Definition is the only track I dont listen to though.

I think that's the worst track. Like seriously, where did Snoop fit into this project?

Streets On Fire >>>

Always felt like Go Baby was a bonus track. Not a bad way to end the album at all but would have been much better if it ended with Fighters.

I thought the same thing.

CRS

I think that's the worst track. Like seriously, where did Snoop fit into this project?

I thought the same thing.

I've warmed up to Hi-Def but it isn't the worst. The weakest track for me is still Gotta Eat. Still can't get behind that track's concept, no matter how good Lupe was on it.

IrishNinja

Everyone my age rocked cassettes. And fuck off with that bullshit age nonsense. Fucking pathetic dropping that.

yo ima put you in a corner if you dont watch ya mouth

recons your subjective metrics for quality are no more logically flawed than ageism arguments, surely the structure of my approach was more palatable this time, good sir

i'm almost 22 and never fucked with a tapedeck in my life, not one, but even i know some serious butane lighters and glass pipes is goin down itt

Seems like so little until you factor in the testosterone therapy costs after the fact.

Esha's on fire today.

probably eating tapioca pudding

yup. newjacks wanna clown with one side of their mouth, praise with the other! spin-chan looks like the kinda dude wants to change the channel from matlock to some shojo shit.

Just got around to listening to 4Eva N A Day tape...damn this tape is nice and chill. KRIT might be one of my favorite producers.

for real though, i dug the album but this mixtape was outta nowhere for me, so much better than i went in expecting.

gonna go hit up siddx's track!

Streets On Fire >>>

Death is on the tip of her tongue and danger's on the tip of her fiiingers
Streets
Are
On
Fi-re
To-niiiiight

I actually liked that one.

If you had to pick 1, favorite song on Graduation?

Either The Glory or I Wonder. I just find the beat of I Wonder so incredible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom