• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Kush & OJ>Flight School>Burn After Rolling>Deal or No Deal = Rolling Papers>>>>>Cabin Fever

I'm convinced that people who like cabin fever don't care about lyrics

With Lex Luger fuck lyrics.. They are just bonus

This is gaf hop, if you have a small negative thing to say you will be labeled a hater.

Ah, now it makes sense. I'm new here.

People need to go back and listen to Kush & OJ. Memorized, The Statement, In the Cut, Kid Frankie, Visions, Glass House...I can bang any song on that tape, even "We're Done."

I guess I'm just a fan of the pre major label Wiz. He's going in a different route now which isn't surprising. Mac is following suit too.

PBY

Banned
Kush & OJ>Flight School>Burn After Rolling>Deal or No Deal = Rolling Papers>>>>>Cabin Fever

I'm convinced that people who like cabin fever don't care about lyrics

I care about lyrics, but theres a time and a place for everything. Cabin Fever fucking SLAPPED, great get hype/go party/hit the gym music. No need for lyrics there.

Yeah, peter has infected everyone else with his disease that makes you like Big Sean and whatnot. He got people hyping a Wiz release. Peter, you my dude, but I blame you for this shit.

TGOD... I just wanted people not to discredit this release after Rolling Papers (which I loved haha)- but I get how anyone would hate Wiz or Big Sean. Especially if theyre gonna overshadow a release like the Divine/Scienze tape which might be objectively better. I dunno, I just love wiz, he has this infectious quality- and FOUR juicy j features? game over.

PBY

Banned
Ah, now it makes sense. I'm new here.

People need to go back and listen to Kush & OJ. Memorized, The Statement, In the Cut, Kid Frankie, Visions, Glass House...I can bang any song on that tape, even "We're Done."

I guess I'm just a fan of the pre major label Wiz. He's going in a different route now which isn't surprising. Mac is following suit too.

This tape is INDISCERNABLE from pre-label wiz. Seriously, same style beats, same flow, same subject matter. Youre just repping the "cool when he wasn't popular" card now.

T Dollarz

M1QJx.png

This one or my current?

This tape is INDISCERNABLE from pre-label wiz. Seriously, same style beats, same flow, same subject matter. Youre just repping the "cool when he wasn't popular" card now.

I can't tell if you're trolling or just blindly devoted

If you think Kush & OJ sounds anything like Rolling Papers you're hopeless.

you dont understand balla balla garbage. TAYLOR... GANG. How does that beat/song not get you hyped? ignorant brilliance

"Hustlin" was the only song that was hype for me on that tape...just not a fan of that style music. That's cool if you like it though. Different strokes.

Bishman

Any Wiz fan knows Kush & OJ was his best material. Cabin Fever isn't on the same level of Kush & OJ but it does jam for a party or gym music.

PBY

Banned
I can't tell if you're trolling or just blindly devoted

If you think Kush & OJ sounds anything like Rolling Papers you're hopeless.

I'm saying Allderdice sounds like Kush and OJ. And Im not trolling, I love balla balla stuff, LOVE Gucci, Waka, Bricksquad, Jeezy, MMG, etc, etc. Fuck, I LOVE PLIES. Why? Because they bang in the whip, make great gym music, and get you hyped up. Doesn't mean I can't listen to DOOM, Blu, Mos, etc, etc, etc.

I'm saying Allderdice sounds like Kush and OJ. And Im not trolling, I love balla balla stuff, LOVE Gucci, Waka, Bricksquad, Jeezy, MMG, etc, etc. Fuck, I LOVE PLIES. Why? Because they bang in the whip, make great gym music, and get you hyped up. Doesn't mean I can't listen to DOOM, Blu, Mos, etc, etc, etc.

I thought you we're trying to say that Rolling Papers sounds like Kush & OJ, my mistake.

I'm not all the way through Taylor Allderdice, in fact I'm listening to it as I type so take these comments with a grain of salt. Still, from what I've heard on this tape so far it seems like Wiz is struggling with his identity. If Kush & OJ and Burn After Rolling gangbanged Cabin Fever this is what would emerge 9 months later. A lot of styles going on here which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Bishman

I thought you we're trying to say that Rolling Papers sounds like Kush & OJ, my mistake.

I'm not all the way through Taylor Allderdice, in fact I'm listening to it as I type so take these comments with a grain of salt. Still, from what I've heard on this tape so far it seems like Wiz is struggling with his identity. If Kush & OJ and Burn After Rolling gangbanged Cabin Fever this is what would emerge 9 months later. A lot of styles going on here which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

tumblr_lod141v6HD1qit63to1_400.gif

//B1G

Banned
how are you guys talking about wiz tapes and not mentioning his ONLY good releases: Prince of the City 1/2, show and prove, and grow season?
everything past that was straight garbage. i could maaaaybe get into star power, but even that was getting too soft.

Listening to Pete Rock & CL Smooth's Mecca and the Soul brother for the first time (I have a lot of catching up to do) and it's fucking incredible. I don't get why more people don't talk about Pete Rock as much as Dilla. I mean it's probably because of Dilla's legacy but still, this album has some amazing beats

Acid08

Banned
Listening to Pete Rock & CL Smooth's Mecca and the Soul brother for the first time (I have a lot of catching up to do) and it's fucking incredible. I don't get why more people don't talk about Pete Rock as much as Dilla. I mean it's probably because of Dilla's legacy but still, this album has some amazing beats

The Main Ingredient is also fucking great.

Because Dilla never reached the top of his game whereas Pete did years ago. I love Pete, love his solo work,love his stuff with CL. TROY has GOAT status for me but Pete is hardly relevant now....

Plus Dilla was much more diverse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom