• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ephemeris

Too hungry for new Nas to be too critical of the beat.

But yeah , could be another a milli where a terrible beat eventually grew on me.

mooooose

Earl is back on the last verse on the last song of the new Odd Future tape and makes it completely evident that he is the best MC in the group and incredibly hungry. Dude hasn't missed a beat. Sounds a ton older.

I'm almost certain the beats have gotten worse.

Tokubetsu

Earl is back on the last verse on the last song of the new Odd Future tape and makes it completely evident that he is the best MC in the group and incredibly hungry. Dude hasn't missed a beat. Sounds a ton older.

You can only distort a synth and keys so much.

Acid08

Banned

Did I miss something? It's not supposed to come out till the 20th.

Esch

Banned

awwww shit
3AQmK.gif

Tokubetsu

It's funny because Tyler has a line dissing people who use samples

Dude's beats are so boring

Which is funny to me. I think theres room enough in rap music for both kinds of production, and they both have strengths and weaknesses. At the same time though, I think it'd be best if you acknowledge the fact that in some situations, one is preferable to the other.

Ahhhhh where the fuuuuuuck are the spoiler tags!?
Seriously though, that would've been a nice surprise :(

Pol_Pothead

Neo Member
3 things. Number 1, i just came in quite drunk from a friend of mines first club night so my opinion is probably not to be trusted. Number 2, that Jay-Z kanye art, dunno who came up with that, but that deserves the same footing as other crazy high trash art as done by the likes of Basquiat and Andy Warhol and such. Number 3, when did we get to a stage where 40 water wasnt appreciated as one of the baddest rap motherfuckers of all time? And no children, I don't mean in terms of bad meaning good, or oh you said bad when it means bad kind of thing. E-40 is fucking killing, who else around his age with his discography is like you know what fuck it, i'm still doing my thang, i'm gonna jus keep creating music for the people and hopefully they dig it. And he's not coming out with Lupe Fiasco levels of fucking bullshit, he's sticking to what he has always done, with modern production twists, shit noone apart from maybe pharaohe monch i can think of right now quite fills out a beat like 40 and is doing it as well as he does. Listen to someone like Jay-Z who is around the same age, then listen to 40 and tell me that another 'old' motherfucker in the game is about it like he is right now, i'll wait! And before someone comes with it, yes cocaine is a hell of a drug, but I ain't even on that right now, i'm spitting pure science you non drug taking son of a bitch you!

3 things. Number 1, i just came in quite drunk from a friend of mines first club night so my opinion is probably not to be trusted. Number 2, that Jay-Z kanye art, dunno who came up with that, but that deserves the same footing as other crazy high trash art as done by the likes of Basquiat and Andy Warhol and such. Number 3, when did we get to a stage where 40 water wasnt appreciated as one of the baddest rap motherfuckers of all time? And no children, I don't mean in terms of bad meaning good, or oh you said bad when it means bad kind of thing. E-40 is fucking killing, who else around his age with his discography is like you know what fuck it, i'm still doing my thang, i'm gonna jus keep creating music for the people and hopefully they dig it. And he's not coming out with Lupe Fiasco levels of fucking bullshit, he's sticking to what he has always done, with modern production twists, shit noone apart from maybe pharaohe monch i can think of right now quite fills out a beat like 40 and is doing it as well as he does. Listen to someone like Jay-Z who is around the same age, then listen to 40 and tell me that another 'old' motherfucker in the game is about it like he is right now, i'll wait! And before someone comes with it, yes cocaine is a hell of a drug, but I ain't even on that right now, i'm spitting pure science you non drug taking son of a bitch you!

I want this post in a frame underneath that E-40 cover art in the motherfucking Louvre tomorrow. If this isn't art, torture me to death by putting Lasers on repeat.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
i reaaally didnt dig 40 water but i listened to this:

album-in-a-major-way.jpg

d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-ope

badly underrated.. being the fan that I am.. I think it should be considered a classic.. Aged really well also. Dusted and Disgusted!

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

This is one rant I can get behind, even if it is a little jumbled..

You will find that people here just hate without even listening.. I have been spreading the word of 40 water and have opened some eyes since..

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
That new Nas.. is average. You don't follow up Nasty with this. WTF at the production. Sounds like a throwaway.

Lyrics aren't bad, but they're not godlike enough to save the song.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football

Pol_Pothead

Neo Member
That new Nas is fucking terrible. It makes me want to not have kids just incase they either decide to produce a track as terrible as salaam came up with there, or that they decide to rap as fucking terrible as nas did over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom