• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recon

Banned
I haven't watched a Narwuar interview in a while, but I remember at the end of the CuDi one, he could finish because he was "busy" and Nas had a change of heart when he found out he couldn't keep the stuff that Nardwuar showed him :lol

I think my favorite ones are the Drake, J.Cole, and Big KRIT interviews. Just because they seem to love what nardwuar does and seem very appreciative of everything.

I think we all saw the "no singles" thing coming, unfortunately. The album is probably the dopest shit ever, but get Rhi Rhi on a beat or find one of those white girls that play the guitar.

You can tell the clock hasn't started for Elec's album because he hasn't started touring. The minute he gets back on the road, expect some concrete info on release dates to come soon.

November 2012 or it falls to 2013, just watch

Recon

Banned
Jay Elec's first week sales are going to make J.Cole's debut look like a monster. No radio play, no one besides hip hop heads giving a fuck. I just do not see the business sense of Jay signing Jay Elec. Fuck, the only thing I have heard from Jay Elec was that New Balance commercial. I hope Jay Z got a cut from that. I just hope the album will be good, instead of shit like that Call of Duty trash he released.

I wonder how much if any of the original Just Blaze stuff will be on there? Is Exhibit C on the album for instance, or will it be an extra track on the bonus disk (like Who Dat on Cole's album).

I remember a DJ heard the album two years ago, yet Elec never stopped working on it. Who knows...

but yea, if we don't get a full Dear Moleskin...lol

Tokubetsu

The crazy shit about that too, is Goldwatch apparently has like a whole documentary or some shit, like an hour or two of footage he shot with Jay Elec when they were in Asia/around the world...just sitting on a hdd somewhere in california. He still posts screenshots/clips every once in awhile if you follow him on twitter.

It's also worth noting that Roc Nation apparently hasn't done any fix ups on Elec's appearance. His teeth are now worse and he's gained weight. He looks...bad. Not the same guy that managed to bag Badu and had a defined face; check how he looks in that old Exhibit A video (preview) compared to the New Balance vid.

He's completely unmarketable.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It's also worth noting that Roc Nation apparently hasn't done any fix ups on Elec's appearance. His teeth are now worse and he's gained weight. He looks...bad. Not the same guy that managed to bag Badu and had a defined face; check how he looks in that old Exhibit A video (preview) compared to the New Balance vid.

He's completely unmarketable.
Jay Electronica wasn't signed to be the next J. Cole.

I don't think the plan is to make him mass market at all. This is when I believe Jay when he says that Roc Nation signs artists with potential for the music in the long run over marketability. Some of the lesser known signees are head scratchers especially.

Jay Electronica wasn't signed to be the next J. Cole.

I don't think the plan is to make him mass market at all. This is when I believe Jay when he says that Roc Nation signs artists with potential for the music in the long run over marketability. Some of the lesser known signees are head scratchers especially.

I know but he's still signed to a major label looking like a bum. I'd imagine he has a 360 deal because there's no way he'll be selling records after wasting his potential hit already.

Recon

Banned
I know but he's still signed to a major label looking like a bum. I'd imagine he has a 360 deal because there's no way he'll be selling records after wasting his potential hit already.

There is no way he isnt on a 360 deal. There is no other way to make it profitable for them.

Yup. And looking the way he does, it'll be hard to appeal during interviews and stuff. Obviously we love his shit and don't care how he looks, but I just don't see him getting on 106 And Park or MTV rambling like a mad man

PBY

Banned
J Elec, wheres that open letter you promised? sigh.

Feeling the Odd future tape 2. Don't even really like the group, but there are some hype songs on it, and Frank Ocean does his thing

Dude could have made tons of money touring London/Europe all last year. Instead he stayed home spending his money

Apparently Jay Elec is trying to hook up with M.I.A for a track. Would it be for his 'done' album?

Anyone who pays attention to his twitter knows he always does that shit, and then never shows up at the studio to record. Kendric Lamar, Exile, Blu, Lupe, and tons of others have responded to his suggestions on twitter and nothing comes of it. Hell remember when he missed a shot at studio time with Kanye and Mos Def because he didn't show up?

Tokubetsu

Anyone who pays attention to his twitter knows he always does that shit, and then never shows up at the studio to record. Kendric Lamar, Exile, Blu, Lupe, and tons of others have responded to his suggestions on twitter and nothing comes of it. Hell remember when he missed a shot at studio time with Kanye and Mos Def because he didn't show up?

Some people just want to write ghetto poems in peace man.

Jay Sosa

50cent.gif

Lhexh

As far as having a single I am sure Jay wants Jay to be successful at this. I don't understand how some people apeal to these unsuccessful rappers that talk about politics and world events like they are helping something. Mad rappers are Mad.

You act like Jay elec never made a single wanna-be track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuAQeEQLJhI

kamspy

Naw. I'll roll with pinky any day after watching Cole at the All Star game. That was the last straw for me. He makes Wiz Khalifa seem like Kook G Rap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom