• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Anyone who pays attention to his twitter knows he always does that shit, and then never shows up at the studio to record. Kendric Lamar, Exile, Blu, Lupe, and tons of others have responded to his suggestions on twitter and nothing comes of it. Hell remember when he missed a shot at studio time with Kanye and Mos Def because he didn't show up?

This is why I have no fucking respect for that bitch fuck ass dude. He's been given an opportunity only a very select few ever receive, something that countless artists would kill for, and yet he acts like he could give two shits about the whole thing. It's no secret I'm no kanye fan but if I had studio time booked with him you better believe I'm showing the fuck up. If this is your passion and your dream there is no fucking excuse for sitting around with a thumb up your ass pissing it away. It's a giant fuck you to every person who has ever dreamed of making something out of their music. Fuck you jay elec, I hope you end up working at burger king.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What can I say about Charles Hamilton that already hasn't been said about Afghanistan. BOMBED OUT AND DEPLETED.

Esch

Banned
Naw. I'll roll with pinky any day after watching Cole at the All Star game. That was the last straw for me. He makes Wiz Khalifa seem like Kook G Rap.

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
just shit myself

Esch

Banned
so what do people think about the new OF tape? Everyone I've talked to seems to hate it, but I like what I've heard so far - listened to tracks out of order to hear Earl, but so far Oldie, Rella, Forest Green, and Doms are good.

The sound of treading water on wax.

Nice to hear mr. Earl again though, I hope he falls out with them and leaves OF soon.

DominoKid

so what do people think about the new OF tape? Everyone I've talked to seems to hate it, but I like what I've heard so far - listened to tracks out of order to hear Earl, but so far Oldie, Rella, Forest Green, and Doms are good.

its just aight to me.

theyre clearly better at rapping now
but the production hasnt gotten better

although i kinda feel like im over them because i dont listen to any of their stuff anymore.

Esch

Banned
You do not like it?

Yeah I just ran through a few tracks that don't sound that great.. Truth is EarlWolf is all I need.

I'm not a fan of OF by any means so nah, not really. But as someone not caught up in the group yet still familiar i'll just say that its a maintaining tape. I dont see shit being brought to the next level or really even changed around. OF needs a RZA to oversee their product, image, and music- their current output is just directionless.

EARL will never be GOAT level. He doesn't have the relatability that GOAT candidates have.

PBY

Banned
I feel the same way about most of the OF stuff- I can listen to it once or twice, and its just fine- but none of their stuff ever gets steady play from me down the line. Prob gonna spin this tape one more time and wont ever listen again. Frank Ocean's stuff is the only material I come back to.

Detox

Age don't mean shit Nas dropped Illmatic on one end of the scale and then we got guys like Jay Elec on the other end.

PBY

Banned
I get the same response from plenty of people. I guess the reason I got so attached to Goblin/Bastard was because I could connect on a real level with a lot of the albums' themes and topics (well, other than the exaggerated violence/rape)

I hear you; not hating or anything, but I think I'm just too old for that kind of stuff (not even THAT old haha). Just didn't click like angry, angsty Em did a while back w/ me.

OF tape is subpar.
Any track without Hodgy is pretty boring, should've just been his album with features.
I feel he's the best rapper (next to Earl) and Left Brain is the best producer and yet MellowHype just doesn't click with me for some reason.....
A lot of Tyler's verses sound lazy, like he's not even trying to rhyme a lot of the time.
We Got Bitches is hilarious. Sam (Is Dead) is terrible. Oldie doesn't feel 10 minutes long.
Ehhhh, perhaps it'll get another play out of me.

Just finished it, thought it was pretty "meh". I only really liked Lean and Oldie (really fucking good), there's a couple of okay tracks aside from that, but that's it. Tyler's production is pretty awful and I was a big fan of Goblin.

siddx

Timbaland should really stick to letting other people rap over his beats.

Esch

Banned
I predict this song to be a chart topper. And clubs everywhere will embrace it.

GAF loves to hate.

i just dont get this one-off type bitching; if you're salty about it leave the community or express your opinion in argumentative form.

siddx

Oh and as long as Charles Hamilton is around, Wiz will always have someone he can point to as being made of more concentrated bitch juice. Listening to Hamilton is painful, just an awful fucking rapper who sounds fake as fuck and tries way too hard.

Tokubetsu

Oh and as long as Charles Hamilton is around, Wiz will always have someone he can point to as being made of more concentrated bitch juice. Listening to Hamilton is painful, just an awful fucking rapper who sounds fake as fuck and tries way too hard.

Hamilton can channel spirits though!

Pink Friday:Roman Reloaded Tracklist
1. Roman Holiday
2. Come On A Cone
3. I Am Your Leader Feat. Cam’ron & Rick Ross
4. Beez In The Trap Feat. 2 Chainz
5. HOV Lane
6. Roman Reloaded Feat. Lil Wayne
7. Champion Feat. NAS, Drake & Young Jeezy
8. Right By My Side Feat. Chris Brown
9. Sex In the Lounge Feat. Lil Wayne & Bobby V
10. Starships
11. Pound The Alarm
12. Whip It
13. Automatic
14. Beautiful Sinner
15. Marilyn Monroe
16. Young Forever
17. Fire Burns
18. Gun Shot Feat. Beenie Man
19. Stupid Hoe

Deluxe Edition

20. Turn Me On
21. Va Va Voom
22. Masquerade

Guru-Guru

Banned
Only listened to about 5-6 songs off the OF tape, and one thing that sticks out to me is how bad Tyler is at rapping. I never though he was particularly good in the first place, but his raw emotion and voice kind of made his songs worthwhile to listen back on Bastard. It's kind of evident how much he sucks when he does the verse after Earl on "Oldie." It doesn't even seem like Tyler is rhyming a lot of the time, and he is always talking about the same shit on all these songs--I created Odd Future and I am only X years old, I hate critics, if you don't like my music it isn't for you, etc. etc. Shit is getting boring.

PBY

Banned
1. Roman Holiday
2. Come On A Cone
5. HOV Lane
10. Starships
11. Pound The Alarm
12. Whip It
13. Automatic
14. Beautiful Sinner
15. Marilyn Monroe
16. Young Forever
17. Fire Burns
19. Stupid Hoe

Deluxe Edition

20. Turn Me On
21. Va Va Voom
22. Masquerade

Stay grimy Nas.

DominoKid

1. Roman Holiday
2. Come On A Cone

5. HOV Lane

10. Starships
11. Pound The Alarm
12. Whip It
13. Automatic
14. Beautiful Sinner
15. Marilyn Monroe
16. Young Forever
17. Fire Burns
19. Stupid Hoe

Deluxe Edition

20. Turn Me On
21. Va Va Voom
22. Masquerade

well those songs will definitely be awesome.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well

That punch Charles took would've KO'd Wiz though.

IrishNinja

i like that time charles hamilton teased that girl about getting an abortion and she punched the rings out of him
or when rhymefest ethered him

and fuck @ that minaj tracklist, it's like something kamspy made up for her. you can just hear the garbage similes...yeah, cam's gonna fix that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom