• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRS

finally restocked on some bud after being dry for a little bit. Half an o for one bill and it's really good shit too. life is good.

DominoKid

damn lol.
going rate for a quarter around my way is 100+ usually.
daaaaaaaaaaaaaank as fuck and worth it, but still.
cant imagine getting half for 100.

^holy shit i feel bad for you. Even the dankest stuff here is only 50 a quad.

Damn finals keeping me from posting in this thread, but I wanted to get y'alls opinions on if any of the Public Enemy albums have aged well, or if they have new stuff worth checking out. I checked a few of their songs a youtube but I'm more of an album guy so that wasn't really too helpful.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
damn lol.
going rate for a quarter around my way is 100+ usually.
daaaaaaaaaaaaaank as fuck and worth it, but still.
cant imagine getting half for 100.

lol...

You getting robbed son. Make friends with better dealers..

Jay Sosa

This should be illegal
ih41EZIniVZFx.png

Jesus Flip got fat.

That new B.o.B is damn good.

I forgot how good he was.

Listen to Airplanes Part II if you don't remember, granted Em is the one who kills it on there.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
To be fair, $100 for half is a really great price. I get an O for about $250-275 of pretty good stuff.

I used to get much cheaper but I bought bigger.. But a quarter for a bill is 400 an O

Esch

Banned
Always buy eigths or less.$40-60 per eigth depending on quality...I don't do drugs anymore though. Zen monk shit.

Well, no weed and hallucinogens. I still fucks with booze
and the yayo if im bored and its free

Half for a bill is fucking cheap anywhere outside cali or atlanta or ny. especially if its good buds.

Recon

Banned
I stopped drinking. I felt so shitty when drinking and I got a lot less done while drunk. If I am high I still can function a little bit. Though I got sick last time I smoked so the smell of my weed kinda makes me nauseous. That sucks.

Esch

Banned
I never got that idea, because why do any drugs period if I've got work to do? I can still sip on a knuckle of scotch, a glass of wine, or a beer at dinner and get plenty work done, although I guess you're not referring to that type of pacing.

downloading new blackace mix. i expect fire.

Recon

Banned
I never got that idea, because why do any drugs period if I've got work to do? I can still sip on a knuckle of scotch, a glass of wine, or a beer at dinner and get plenty work done, although I guess you're not referring to that type of pacing.

downloading new blackace mix. i expect fire.

Yeah, I am not doing anything important when smoking. Usually just work on some music or play a game. I honestly hate drinking now. I dont smoke when I have school the next day, I have to get some homework done.

Detox

Oh shiiiiiiit new mix is a classic . I'm using this shit when friends ask for a starting point for hiphop. Transition from ODB > PE > Nas > Pac = godlike. Best mix ever.

//B1G

Banned
you fools need to step off the petty shit like weed and get on that reality shattering tip that is DMT. then you'll be one with the rap gods

Detox

So Quik did an interview with the Herald Sun and you can listen to it here. I haven't listened to it yet but Quik always keeps it 100 in interviews and they are great to listen to. Anyway HHDX and the Herald have put up some interesting quotes.

On Detox:

“I don’t believe Dr Dre will release that album,” “I think he’s over it and rightfully so. He doesn’t have to prove to anybody that he can still make a hot record.”

"He's done it. He's already succeeded. He doesn't have to prove to anybody that he can make a hot record. What else can he do? He can't reinvent the wheel. He's already made all the wheels in Hip Hop. I think it's hard for him to let go of another brainchild that he might think some people won't even appreciate because some of it is advanced. I've listened to it. It's a smart record."

Advanced, smart Quik is making it sound like another game changer like the previous two albums. Dre needs to put it out.

"I'm with him one hundred percent if he doesn't want to release Detox because in his world, it's just another plaque. Because of how finicky Hip Hop fans are now and how here-today-gone-tomorrow things could be, I wouldn't want to take that chance with my career either."

Is Dre afraid of losing the Beats customers if the album flops?

On Dre's work process:
"Dr. Dre is a slave driver in the studio," he shared. "He'll make you cry. You actually have to be perfect in the studio to work with him. If you're not, you won't be in the studio with him. He's very professional, but at the same time, he's totally, totally, totally mean when it comes to production. He'll tell you exactly how he feels about something if he don't like it. He's a perfectionist and almost a perfectionist to a fault. But that's what defines him. That's what made him who he is. He's iconic in that way. He don't just let things slide because his pride and his career is riding on it."

EDIT: Dre studied Tchaikovsky, Beethoven and Chopin and the sound is very avant garde. This interview is short as fuck and this idiot only asked him about Detox.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
So Quik did an interview with the Herald Sun and you can listen to it here. I haven't listened to it yet but Quik always keeps it 100 in interviews and they are great to listen to. Anyway HHDX and the Herald have put up some interesting quotes.

On Detox:
Advanced, smart Quik is making it sound like another game changer like the previous two albums. Dre needs to put it out.

Is Dre afraid of losing the Beats customers if the album flops?

On Dre's work process:

Cube was on Shady45 and basically said Dre isn't going to put out Detox because he is making too much money selling headphones. Let's be hoenst, there are alot of rap fans who weren't listening to rap the last time Dre had an album. In their mind he is that headphone dude that USED to make music. He putting out an album that may flop or may not be what they expect can only hurt the headphone business, where he makes most of his cash these days.

I kind of think that he is going to hold Detox back until the Beats line debuts with another company after the Monster deal is done. That would be a nice way to re-launch the brand.

Is Z-Ro the most underrated rapper ever? I may have to say yes.

Killa Kyleon is atleast tied for that honor.

Detox

He is definitely afraid of hurting the brand and who can blame him. Quik actually says he wouldn't be surprised if Dre tried sneaking it out without fanfare which is impossible unless the beats are used on a Black Hippy album.

Recon

Banned
Good. Topless was the only decent thing to come out of Detox, and I doubt that would appear on the album. Kush? I need a Doctor? That snippet of Die Hard? Ehh. I wouldnt release it either.

Detox

None of those tracks are the Detox the old crew Quik, Daz, Warren G, DOC worked on, I Need A Doctor never had anything to do with Detox it was an Em leak about the same time Difficult and another track leaked. They only rolled it into the Detox marketing because Em stans got a hard on.

Dre tried going with the new cats we saw what happened DOC fell out with him and both DOC and Snoop publicly came out against it. The Detox, Quik is talking about is the one he worked on and would live up to the standards set by Dre, their main worry is alienating the beats by Dre crowd which is a cash cow.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
None of those tracks are the Detox the old crew Quik, Daz, Warren G, DOC worked on, I Need A Doctor never had anything to do with Detox it was an Em leak about the same time Difficult and another track leaked. They only rolled it into the Detox marketing because Em stans got a hard on.

Dre tried going with the new cats we saw what happened DOC fell out with him and both DOC and Snoop publicly came out against it. The Detox, Quik is talking about is the one he worked on and would live up to the standards set by Dre, their main worry is alienating the beats by Dre crowd which is a cash cow.

At this point I have no idea who the beats crowd is now. I mean, is it really young people spending that kind of money on those headphones? Everytime I see someone with them it is someone who is of age who probably was jamming The Chronic when it came out. That crowd may be down with what Dre has to put out.

I do agree that there is little to gain for the beats brand with a Dre album. Maybe they can put it out for free the day beats relaunches.

CRS

I don't do drugs anymore though. Zen monk shit.
:O

:(

I probably could have bought a whole O for less than two bills but it was going to be too much for me. I'm slowly cutting myself off as I'm transferring in September. Got accepted into CalPoly so I'm gonna have to step my game up. Super stoked too.

Recon

Banned

We have heard nothing from the supposed "new" Detox. So to me, it is vapor ware. To me, unless I can judge it for myself, I cannot believe anything anyone says in an interview. Same with Jay Elec's nonexistent debut album. If Dre is more worried about his headphones, that tells me enough about where is head is at concerning music.

cdyhybrid

Most of the people I see with Beats are old enough to remember at least 2001 coming out. Most of the Tyga-ish crowd can't even afford them in the first place. Damnit, Dre!

Jay Sosa

Glad someone posted this as I was just about to, I don't see Chamillionaire get much love here on Gaf, underrated but definitely appreciated.

That's only because HRD got himself banned. Dude was his biggest fan and wouldn't shut up how brilliant he is.

Most of the people I see with Beats are old enough to remember at least 2001 coming out. Most of the Tyga-ish crowd can't even afford them in the first place. Damnit, Dre!

Most dudes I see with beats wear them as a fashion statement. You know those people that all of sudden went back to snapbacks and buy overpriced shoes that look like some colorblind monkey designed them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom