• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fularu

Banned
I'm heavily into french rap, what would be a good place to start with US rap? I mean I know some of the classics (Snoop Dogg, Em, Dre, 50 and co) but I'm looking at the more "revendication" style. (dunno if I'm clear on that)

RJT

I'm heavily into french rap, what would be a good place to start with US rap? I mean I know some of the classics (Snoop Dogg, Em, Dre, 50 and co) but I'm looking at the more "revendication" style. (dunno if I'm clear on that)

Listen to 36 Chambers, Liquid Swords, Only Built 4 Cuban Linx, Illmatic, and The Infamous. Mid nighties New York hip-hop was clearly the main influence for French stuff like IAM and NTM, so it may be more familiar to you.

kamspy

My ignant radar was going off. Saw the Gucc sign in the air. I Got ch'all. Don't worry. This shit cray.

Future is so hit or miss. This is a hit. Dude has no middle ground, and his upcoming album has a song called Tony Montana feat. DRAKE. lmao.

IrishNinja

$hort Dog will even date your ex-wife

damn son why the hell you gonna tag "street version" on the censored one, some ol bullshit right there

CRS

I'll try to join in on some GAF-Hop turntable. Won't play any hip-hop though. No holds barred rage in the cage shit.

IrishNinja

man, playing Ready to Die shit - especially the radio singles - has to be the safest shit ive ever seen. like i was feeling bad for playing shit like DMX - how's it going down but this dude is about to play some Young MC like it's a wedding and shit

edit CRS bring yo ass

IrishNinja

hahaha CRS you fuckin clown

how the fuck you gonna roll up like "FUCK HIP HOP", then jump on a turntable and play an 8 minute song by YES

i think ima name my first kid after you man

edit you too detox, get in here!

IrishNinja

ahahaha this poor kid, the one that was bumping biggie, he left juicy on and that shit made it 3 seconds in cause of Des.

CRS: "GAF-Hop: Where we can skip Biggie" <<thats our next OT right there folks

also: oh my god this E40/Kendrick "catch a fade" shit goes

Rich Forever will be a top 5 album this year, and it's a damn mixtape

so many fucking bangers:

1. Holy Ghost f/ Diddy
2. High Definition (Produced By Saint Denson)
3. MMG Untouchable (Produced By Arthur McArthur & Boi-1da)
4. Yela Diamonds (Produced By Beat Billionaire)
5. Fuck ‘Em f/ 2 Chainz & Wale (Produced By Academy Productionz)
7. Rich Forever f/ John Legend (Produced By DVLP)
8. Triple Beam Dreams f/ Nas (Produced By J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League)
11. Keys To The Club f/ Styles P (Produced By The Inkredibles)
12. Last Breath f/ Meek Mill & Birdman (Produced By D. Rich)
14. Off The Boat f/ French Montana (Produced By Lex Luger)
17. MMG The World Is Ours f/ Pharrell, Meek Mill & Stalley (Produced By Boi-1da)
18. Party Heart f/ Stalley & 2 Chainz (Produced By Chuck Inglish)
19. Stay Schemin’ f/ Drake & French Montana (Produced By The Beat Bully)

just ridiculous how these songs still go hard

Recon

Banned
Lol No. Every tracks sounds the same and most sound bad. Being a banger does not make a song good. That Nas track was the only good part, and that was because of the God Nasir.

Esch

Banned
Fuck no.... Too many samey tracks, and if it really comes down to it the only song i actually like is triple beam.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
With every listen of Rich Forever, you realize that one more of the tracks are incredibly average, and sound just like the last overproduced average song you discovered on the last listen.

ACE 1991

Saw Odd Future at the Electric Factory in Philadelphia on Friday. Got kicked in the throat by Hodgy Beats and Mike G landed on my face during their respective stage dives. Awesome fucking show, needless to say.

DominoKid

Rich Forever will be a top 5 album this year, and it's a damn mixtape

so many fucking bangers:

1. Holy Ghost f/ Diddy
2. High Definition (Produced By Saint Denson)
3. MMG Untouchable (Produced By Arthur McArthur & Boi-1da)
4. Yela Diamonds (Produced By Beat Billionaire)
5. Fuck ‘Em f/ 2 Chainz & Wale (Produced By Academy Productionz)
7. Rich Forever f/ John Legend (Produced By DVLP)
8. Triple Beam Dreams f/ Nas (Produced By J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League)
11. Keys To The Club f/ Styles P (Produced By The Inkredibles)
12. Last Breath f/ Meek Mill & Birdman (Produced By D. Rich)
14. Off The Boat f/ French Montana (Produced By Lex Luger)
17. MMG The World Is Ours f/ Pharrell, Meek Mill & Stalley (Produced By Boi-1da)
18. Party Heart f/ Stalley & 2 Chainz (Produced By Chuck Inglish)
19. Stay Schemin’ f/ Drake & French Montana (Produced By The Beat Bully)

just ridiculous how these songs still go hard

lol Party Heart sucks. but Rich Forever is chock full of bangers.

Rich Forever has great production but it does feel like too much of the same overall.

Triple Beam Dreams and Stay Schemin are dope as fuck though. Having said that I'm pretty excited for Ross' album.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Rich Forever was garbage. And I'm a Ross fan. Just track after track of generic bland bullshit.

I've been waiting for that blockhead album. Will have to track it down.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Rich Forever was garbage. And I'm a Ross fan. Just track after track of generic bland bullshit.

I've been waiting for that blockhead album. Will have to track it down.

Yep. I'm a Ross fan as well, but aside from the Nas track and maybe two others, it was trash. That shit was horrible.

edit: The amount of fuckery that is that Minaj album cover is unmatched. Looking at that shit made me hate anyone whom had a hand it, starting from the photographer to the graphic designer.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yep. I'm a Ross fan as well, but aside from the Nas track and maybe two others, it was trash. That shit was horrible.

edit: The amount of fuckery that is that Minaj album cover is unmatched. Looking at that shit made me hate anyone whom had a hand it, starting from the photographer to the graphic designer.
Personally, the graphic designer needs to be shot first. It's like the cover was made in Microsoft Word.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom