• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liquid Swords is arguably the best Wu-related album ever. It features some of the RZA's darkest and best production, every guest appearance is memorable, and like many of the other great Wu albums it is very cohesive.

Lyrically not many albums fuck with GZA on that album. I like to say GZA reached a level few do: that lyrical height where no line is wasted. KRS or Rakim type shit, nahmean. Classic rapper with a classic album.

BUT I think it's fair to say he has one classic album. And therefore I must decree GFK>GZA. Iron Man, Supreme Clientele, Fishscale. Hell, his other albums get close as well, like the OG version of Bulletproof Wallets or the underrated Big Doe Rehab. Album for album Ghost has to be up there as one of the most consistent MCs of all time. In my mind only MF DOOM, Kool G Rap, Scarface, and KRS come to mind as being in that conversation.

LOZLINK

I agree about GFK>GZA. Liquid Swords is amazing, but everything else is great to subpar. Meanwhile, Supreme Clientele, Ironman, and Ghostdini are all amazing albums

T Dollarz

Liquid Swords > 36 Chambers > OB4CL > Supreme Clientele

But I mean really, I'm just splitting hairs here. 4 classics so what's the difference. Liquid Swords for sure is my #1 though. After that it's about equal.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
With every listen of Rich Forever, you realize that one more of the tracks are incredibly average, and sound just like the last overproduced average song you discovered on the last listen.

Wow a free mixtape from an artist who is already pretty famous didn't put all his best stuff on it? Most of the stuff is cutting room floor stuff outside of a couple songs.. Like Stay Scheming

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Wow a free mixtape from an artist who is already pretty famous didn't put all his best stuff on it? Most of the stuff is cutting room floor stuff outside of a couple songs.. Like Stay Scheming
Of course it's cutting room floor stuff, that doesn't necessarily mean all of these throwaways sounded good or somehow this makes this mixtape top 5 material. Not at all.

Detox

Nas Explains Picking Beats For "Life Is Good"

"A lot of the tracks have been my ideas where I would take an idea from one of the guys that I'm working with and try to put it together with a different sound that I had in my head with someone else, and just try to get people to collaborate who are not really used to working together, to get something different from me," he said.
So that's how Heavy D, Remi and Da Internz get on one track... too many cooks in the kitchen and all that.

Recon

Banned
Hey guys! I guess I am a pseudo hip hop elitist that only likes underground artists with pretty album covers. Who knew? Apparently I am a troll too. Man, today has been eye opening to me.

Tokubetsu

Nas explains picking beats for "Life is Good"

Bullshit bullshit bullshit bullshit bullshit bullshit bull shit bullshit bullshit bull. Some more bullshit and someone said this bullshit bullshit bullshit bullshit bullshit. Art bullshit bullshit bullshit bullshit. Some different bullshit bullshit super bullshit shit bullshit.

codhand

Block Brochure is reediculous

Gears of War, Halo, Red Dead Redemption / Xbox or Playstation / on the computer or sex texting / man it's a different generation

haha

Pol_Pothead

Neo Member
Okay it's looking like I may have to pimp a few things today. E-40 dropped the Block Brochure trilogy today but if that ain't enough 40 for you, this guy Matthew Africa put together a nice E-40 mix with what else, 40 tracks.

E-40 - Yay Game: The E-40 Mix

9ia69.jpg

filler

Banned
The previews for Loiter Squad looked horribly unfunny. I think you'd have to be an Odd Future super fan to enjoy it, so I ain't bothering.

Hey Pol, I posted that 40 mix already.

Recon

Banned
Anyone watch loiter squad? Have almost zero interest, but maybe someone here liked it?

Considering I have heard it is like a much worse version of Tim and Eric(which is about the shittiest thing Adult Swim has ever done), I have no desire to ever watch it. I dont think there is enough weed in the world to get me high enough to enjoy Tim and Eric.

Esch

Banned
Blackace I really loved the old skool mix. dope shit no doubt, i think its my favorite one, especially since its so long. What about a poppy3 next time?

Pol_Pothead

Neo Member
The previews for Loiter Squad looked horribly unfunny. I think you'd have to be an Odd Future super fan to enjoy it, so I ain't bothering.

Hey Pol, I posted that 40 mix already.

My bad on the repost, but maybe someone else who's into that stuff around here missed it also. Luckily there's a couple other things dropping today that might be interesting so i'm not just going to be reposting stuff others have already put up. The first of these is the new mixtape from Fat Trel who i've read being referred to as "Wale if he had balls" lol but I suppose you could make an argument for Black Cobain being that guy.

Fat Trel - Nightmare on E. Street

mnfaL.jpg

overcast

i haven't heard anything about it lately but i assume the spitta and alchemist sequel to covert coup "Re-Coversionalize" should be coming out 4/20
Holy shit? Really? Covert Coup was the last Spitta release I loved (or really cared for too much to be honest).

T Dollarz

Considering I have heard it is like a much worse version of Tim and Eric(which is about the shittiest thing Adult Swim has ever done), I have no desire to ever watch it. I dont think there is enough weed in the world to get me high enough to enjoy Tim and Eric.

Seriously dude. I went over to my friend's house, we blazed and he was like dude you have to watch this show it's amazing. Sooooo bad. We watched like 4 episodes and I never found anything remotely funny. How can anyone watch that garbage?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Of course it's cutting room floor stuff, that doesn't necessarily mean all of these throwaways sounded good or somehow this makes this mixtape top 5 material. Not at all.
uh.. never said it was all good, just free throwaway stuff that had a few gems in it..

Okay it's looking like I may have to pimp a few things today. E-40 dropped the Block Brochure trilogy today but if that ain't enough 40 for you, this guy Matthew Africa put together a nice E-40 mix with what else, 40 tracks.

E-40 - Yay Game: The E-40 Mix

9ia69.jpg
Got all 3 but that 40 mix wasn't that good to me..
Blackace I really loved the old skool mix. dope shit no doubt, i think its my favorite one, especially since its so long. What about a poppy3 next time?

Thanks! Got another mix to do before poppy but was just thinking about some new "poppy" stuff today

Tokubetsu

My bad on the repost, but maybe someone else who's into that stuff around here missed it also. Luckily there's a couple other things dropping today that might be interesting so i'm not just going to be reposting stuff others have already put up. The first of these is the new mixtape from Fat Trel who i've read being referred to as "Wale if he had balls" lol but I suppose you could make an argument for Black Cobain being that guy.

Fat Trel - Nightmare on E. Street

mnfaL.jpg

Been waiting on this.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/03/25/nas-tax-lien-garnish-wages/#.T3CkGNnAG5k
I'm a huge Nas fan, and this just is even more disappointing given all the "knowledge" tries to kick. Not even government officials get to fukk wit the IRS for long, how the hell does an entertainer think he can get away with it?

Fucking sad.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Anyone see this?

Curren$y sues Damon Dash

Rapper Curren$y is suing the former Roc-A-Fella co-captain, with claims that Dash sold his albums without permission.

As TMZ reports, Curren$y tried to negotiate an agreement to release music with Dash in 2010, releasing two of his albums that year. When the two couldn't reach an agreement on how those albums would be distributed, Curren$y signed with Warner Bros. in January 2011.

However, the lawsuit suggests that Damon continued releasing Curren$y's music despite his new WB contract, which gave them exclusive rights to anything Curren$y released. With addition to wanting Damon to stop back-riding his new deal, Curren$y is asking for $1.5 million in damages.

Bishman

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Holy shit Nas went in on that DJ Premo track.

Give me a whole album of that you asshole.

And how the fuck can you owe $6,000,000 and still be a free man. Tax evasion much?

Dash never learns. Surprised it took this long for this to surface. I guess this is why it took so long for Muscle Car Chronicles to drop and when it did, Curren$y wasn't promoting/talking about it at all.

Dame knew what he was doing. Currency is the one who fucked up with the bullshit "we brothers, no need to put anything on paper" nonsense. Everyone who trusts Dame winds up being thrown under the bus by the man. He's a complete pos and I'm honestly glad he's failing at everything right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom