• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

edornob

K.R.I.T.'s production is always one point better than I give him credit for. In a lot of ways he reminds me of Ye, the lyrics are not really the central focus or anything crazy but they're always fun, perfectly suited to the production and enjoyable to listen to.

I apply this to just about every rapper with great production and sub par lyrical content.

So that new Mac Miller tape is actually DOPE. Not it a poppy, kinda cool way- but actually fucking good.

Perfect example

This is probably the most random ass request, and I'm sure I'll be insulting people's taste here, but does anyone have the track "Sleepin Wit The Enemy" by Project Pat? The bonus track on Walkin Bank Roll, not the interlude track from his History of Violence mixtape.

I've been looking for this for a while, I'd appreciate a PM or any help.

codhand

Prodigy—Ron Paul

It turns out that Kelly Clarkson is not the first musician to endorse Ron Paul. Rapper Prodigy threw his support to the GOP candidate in May, saying “I love Ron Paul … I read his books while I was locked up, End the Fed and all that.” Prodigy said he thought Paul would “shake things up a little bit”—but he insisted “they” would never let Paul win the election.

mileS

He has said no more mixtapes before. He also announced LASERS was done before, and it took more than a year for that to actually come out. I am sure F&L2 is done, but I am not sure Atlantic is going to let him release it as a double album or in June/July like he said. I am done with Lupe until the album drops, then I will decide if I will keep supporting the guy.

Yea. I'm sick of his omg guys I'm going to make a double album. Does anyone honestly care either way? just put out some music out you weirdfuck. Also did anyone honestly ever expect a mixtape from him like.. ever again? I think hes beyond the point with this fucked up ego that he would never do something like that for the the fans anymore, he simply doesn't care. Are we supposed to care about a double album when he says its the only thing thats holding it back right now? what a dumbass.

jay_nas_drink.jpg

This picture is probably taken hugely out of context but fuck if it isn't one of the funniest pictures I've seen!

Recon

Banned
Yes. Yes, he went fucking hard.

...Life is Good is gonna suck, am I right?

Nas hasnt really made an album that "sucked" in a long time. But it will be average if only for the stupid beat selection he always has. I cant think of a Nas album I thought was pure garbage. Maybe Nastradamus was that bad, I didnt like it enough to revisit it though.

Recon

Banned
Nastradamus is an abortion.

Yeah, Nastradamus was the only Nas album I just never liked enough to keep on my itunes or ever go back to. I havnt listened to it in a long ass time though. I am usually pretty forgiving when it comes to Nas, but even I didnt like that one.

Tokubetsu

I've heard that the original version of Nastradamus is good but it was scrapped last minute because a couple tracks leaked or something to that effect. Never bothered to look further into because of how much I hate that album.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was true though. Same thing happened to Mobb Deep's "Murda Muzik." That I actually have the original/bootleg version of. It's not totally different. More Big Noyd features and some more "street" tracks iirc.

Recon

Banned
I've heard that the original version of Nastradamus is good but it was scrapped last minute because a couple tracks leaked or something to that effect.

That is a shame. I never understood the scrapping of an album because of a few leaks. If anything, leaks can hype your shit up if they are good tracks.

Tokubetsu

Labels don't really do that anymore since leaking is so common these days but yea, scrapping an entire album because of leak has pretty much always been a shitty decision. Same thing happened to Mobb Deep's "Murda Muzik." That I actually have the original/bootleg version of. It's not totally different. More Big Noyd features and some more "street" tracks iirc.

Yea, different titles too. "Quiet Storm" was "White Lines"

Jay Sosa

Nastradamus is an abortion.

Still better than lots of other records that don't get hated on as much. I do get that Nas is held to higher standards but the hate is imho ridiculous and unfounded. That said that track with Timbaland is easily the worst Nas track ever. Oochie Wally isn't even close.

Recon

Banned
This topic has made me remember how no one will ever get to hear the "original" version of Tical....shit must of been transcendent if they whipped up something pretty decent quickly afterwards.

Tokubetsu

Still better than lots of other records that don't get hated on as much. I do get that Nas is held to higher standards but the hate is imho ridiculous and unfounded. That said that track with Timbaland is easily the worst Nas track ever. Oochie Wally isn't even close.

Nah, Nastradamus deserves every bit of the hate it gets, and more.

This topic has made me remember how no one will ever get to hear the "original" version of Tical....shit must of been transcendent if they whipped up something pretty decent quickly afterwards.

Completely forgot about that, damn.

Gonna listen to some Tical now.

METH VERSUS CHEF

ITS MY TURN

METH VERSUS CHEF

YO LETS BRING THAT SHIT BABY

METH VERSUS CHEF

Jay Sosa

I think that's really tragic cause iirc correctly the only two tracks that 'survived' are by far my favorite ones.

Nah, Nastradamus deserves every bit of the hate it gets, and more.

Well whatever, I thought the second disc of Street Disciple (for instance) is way worse.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Block Brochure is getting lots of play from me but once again, a lot of excess filler could have been cut. I have about 28 tracks from all three albums on a "best of" playlist. That would have made for one hell of a double album. As it stands it's a solid 7.5 out of 10.

Pol_Pothead

Neo Member
uh.. never said it was all good, just free throwaway stuff that had a few gems in it..

Got all 3 but that 40 mix wasn't that good to me..

Thanks! Got another mix to do before poppy but was just thinking about some new "poppy" stuff today

Sounds like you're going to give the people of GAF the E-40 mix that they deserve Ace, thanks!

Also King Louie dropped a new mixtape today as well...

King Louie - The Motion Picture

4KRAU.jpg

Detox

I don't know if it is a glitch but iTunes is showing me Block Brochure the whole 60 tracks for the price of one album. Bought!

Esch

Banned
I've been listening to this a lot more recently:

protools.jpg

And i think i like it a lot more than I originally did, considering how GZA basically rides solo on this whole joint it really is quite listenable all the way through. His flow is on point, and the lyrics are good. I cant call it a classic but there's some unbelievable cuts on this LP, I especially like the 50 cent diss. It falls short on a few tracks and a lack of defined themes, but apart from that its really quite good. A solid 7.5-8/10, better than Legend of the Liquid Sword to me at least.

You ever see someone who roll with Mayweather, rhyme like Ricky Hatton
Smash whatever you throw, 1000 is what I'm battin'
Got a few hooks but no jabs
Took them out your corndog books and notepads
I get it, you Got Rich robbing those in the industry
Bite off this one, steal from your enemy
Never try to play the hottest one out your camp
He might step off and take half the juice from your amp
Enough to make you Vogue on the cover of GQ
Only missing the sheer blouse. Homie, you see-through
Stop sipping on that Formula 50
They want heat, I'll give it to them burnt and crispy
Rhymes too short to box with God, so stretch it
Especially these overrated rap steppin fetchers
I told you if I rain, there'll be an eternal drizzle

PBY

Banned
So Funkmaster Flex is debuting a song at 7 PM tonight....

and....

Team Kanye Daily
‏ @TeamKanyeDaily
Follow

Wonder if @funkmasterflex has a GOOD song tonight!
RETWEET
5:22 PM - 26 Mar 12 via web · Embed this Tweet

HNNG HYPE HYPE KANYE CYCLE GOOGOGOGOGOGO

siddx

Also I meant to mention, Blackace that 90's Old school mix is fucking immaculate.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well

This is chill as fuck. MF eXquire is my dude.

So Iggy Azalea just dropped her first official single: Murda Bizness feat. T.I

Survey says: Well, I love it. And I know all my female friends are gonna love it too. Iggy ain't goin nowhere up.

My outfit? Murder bitches...

This is wack as fuck. She has zero talent, besides the basic ability to rhyme words.

Who is she giving it up to for this record deal?

EDIT:

ASAP Ant x Bodega Bamz-Told Ya (prod. DJ Carnage)

sampling triple 6, so sick
first dude is shit, but second dude reps the beat memphis style
OH SHIT BANGER ON DECK

TangMeng

So Funkmaster Flex is debuting a song at 7 PM tonight....

and....

Team Kanye Daily
‏ @TeamKanyeDaily
Follow

Wonder if @funkmasterflex has a GOOD song tonight!
RETWEET
5:22 PM - 26 Mar 12 via web · Embed this Tweet

HNNG HYPE HYPE KANYE CYCLE GOOGOGOGOGOGO

No Yeezy :(

Edit: it's DJ Khaled.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
So Iggy Azalea just dropped her first official single: Murda Bizness feat. T.I

Survey says: Well, I love it. And I know all my female friends are gonna love it too. Iggy ain't goin nowhere up.

My outfit? Murder bitches...

Not bad, just like most of T.I.'s recent stuff, extremely forgettable. Her look will make sure she goes platinum though.

siddx

That iggy girl sounds a lot like a certain other untalented female rapper that has other people write her lyrics for her. She's better than nicki...but thats like saying getting fucked in the ass with a bat is better than getting fucked in the ass with an angry badger.

ASAP Ant x Bodega Bamz-Told Ya (prod. DJ Carnage)

sampling triple 6, so sick
first dude is shit, but second dude reps the beat memphis style

Beat is sick but you are smoking copious amounts of crack. Second dude is complete garbage. Shouldn't let his ass anywhere near a microphone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom