• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIXI_fhzllY

This man's dopeness can never be overstated. God damn

top 5 hip hop album of all time

I rolled on every cee-lo corner that I know inside the city
Kiddies, I got a fat mitt in my pocket lookin pretty
So who wanna get paid on the block? A thousand's in the pock'
Now go and grab your knots from the stash spot
I shake them up and shake them up roll and I break em up
Two ? and a pound-cake ("Yeah n*gga, wake em up!")
Keepin my fingers wrapped around the joint in case n*ggas
Start brawlin, because I see em FALLIN to the strong point
One by one they losin down the line
A fifty buck roll, a duck blows, old n*gga pay me mine! ("Damn n*gga!")
I grab the dice, place your price, all you men are mice
Riffin as I'm sippin on a Heineken and gettin nice
I shake em up they papes are gettin dead, n*gga sittin on a Beretta
Said he wanna bet that I don't throw a better
Now the game is surrounded by some money hungry bitches
I put the kisses on my fists and rolled the triple sixes
And once again it be the point, that I shoot
That be puttin crazy loot, in the pocket of my army suit
Now who wanna come throw another round
I rolled a fo', a six, hold up, NOW I seen a fuckin pound
Yeah you n*gga know what the name of the game is
I'm in yo' anus, cee-lo you know that shit that made a n*gga famous
Because I'm on the ding-dong, I can't go wrong
Rollin for two hours long and STILL rollin strong

your favorite rapper's favorite rapper

Jay Sosa

New Tapes:

Chill, great production:

southern, synthie beats, car music

And a repost cause no one seems to talk about it and I think it's one of the best tapes 2012:

click to stream/dl

IrishNinja

we reign all year - from june to june/where ninjas bite immediately; if not, soon

i see you esha. i'm gonna give pro tools another listen.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Muhahaha was in the lab getting it! Should be reay* tomorrow!

*ryhmes with fish filet

Pol_Pothead

Neo Member
I get all that but i'm choosing to adopt the same attitude towards him that I adopted towards Killer Mike when he changed to Mike Bigga, and Mos Def when he changed to Yaasin Bey. As in as far as i'm concerned they never changed lol. I mean Tity Boi is a damn awful name but it's also kind of hilarious. 2 Chainz just seems so limiting, I mean if you're a rapper with some buzz mainly rapping about the fly stuff you do, why limit yourself to 2 chainz? He could at least have called himself 10 Chainz so that the likelihood is that he would always be within that limit. Now if he's ever snapped wearing more than 2 Chainz he just looks like a fucking idiot.

Tokubetsu

what the fuck paul... at least juicy makes some semi listenable shit. i don't want to hear 'cock' every couple seconds on a song, that's just stupid

Yea, you'd never expect it but Paul seems totally lost with Juicy J. Everything he's been doing is just complete fail.

Esch

Banned
Yo, ive had this idea for a while now, what if we do emcee face offs once a week? I'd pick two different rappers, underground, mainstream, whatever, and then we argue for one over the other. We talk flow, delivery, lyricism, obviously this is mostly subjective but the point would be to argue for one over the other based on skill above anything else. I'm perfectly willing to pick faceoffs, but I cant really make banners or anything like that. What do yall think?

2 chainz is a hilarous rap name.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I get all that but i'm choosing to adopt the same attitude towards him that I adopted towards Killer Mike when he changed to Mike Bigga, and Mos Def when he changed to Yaasin Bey. As in as far as i'm concerned they never changed lol. I mean Tity Boi is a damn awful name but it's also kind of hilarious. 2 Chainz just seems so limiting, I mean if you're a rapper with some buzz mainly rapping about the fly stuff you do, why limit yourself to 2 chainz? He could at least have called himself 10 Chainz so that the likelihood is that he would always be within that limit. Now if he's ever snapped wearing more than 2 Chainz he just looks like a fucking idiot.

2 Chainz is a real name change like Dre Dog's

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Yo, ive had this idea for a while now, what if we do emcee face offs once a week? I'd pick two different rappers, underground, mainstream, whatever, and then we argue for one over the other. We talk flow, delivery, lyricism, obviously this is mostly subjective but the point would be to argue for one over the other based on skill above anything else. I'm perfectly willing to pick faceoffs, but I cant really make banners or anything like that. What do yall think?

Sounds good to me. First up, OJ da Juiceman vs Lil B

T Dollarz

Dude, we should set up a March Madness type bracket for rappers.

//B1G

Banned
Yea, you'd never expect it but Paul seems totally lost with Juicy J. Everything he's been doing is just complete fail.

yeah, juicy seems to know how to stay pretty relevant. paul is just on the wrong end of the 'hood' tip... or whatever you want to call it.
'i keep my gun cocked cus your girl on my cock' ? wuh?

he used to be hard as fuck! idk why he just didn't keep rapping in the same style, it's not like this style is mainstream or something...

Grab da Gauge

and toku you should post in YH's hip hop thread more! we got a good community now of peeps i think
http://yayhooray.net/thread/984/we-should-have-a-hip-hop-thread-every-day-official/p/400#bottom

gotta be logged in to view embeds

Esch

Banned
Sounds good to me. First up, OJ da Juiceman vs Lil B

See though I would totally be willing to include guys that arent on that polysyllable shit, some of the most popular emcees like Pac for example arent that sick on the mic but they make up for it based on delivery, lyrics etc. I would certainly include at least dudes like gucci mane and kanye types.

Dude, we should set up a March Madness type bracket for rappers.

This could be reaaaaalllly dope. I originally thought of it as a type of ehh weekly fun thing but we could make it a king of rap thing.

Pol_Pothead

Neo Member

I like the idea but it may be difficult to judge rappers in completely different lanes like say I dunno, Asher Roth vs. Lil Wyte. Reminds me of that question that used to be in the OP which was Waka Flocka or Royce Da 5'9 I didn't really see the point in that. For objective analysis, isn't it better to pick same lane rappers so you can compare what one does better than the other like say Gucci Mane vs. Young Jeezy or something?

Esch

Banned
I like the idea but it may be difficult to judge rappers in completely different lanes like say I dunno, Asher Roth vs. Lil Wyte. Reminds me of that question that used to be in the OP which was Waka Flocka or Royce Da 5'9 I didn't really see the point in that. For objective analysis, isn't it better to pick same lane rappers so you can compare what one does better than the other like say Gucci Mane vs. Young Jeezy or something?

Its all subjective no matter how you cut it; you make your case based on personal preference whoever it is. It's just to promote discussion of what any of these rappers do well. This kinda brings the next point; should the matchups be random or picked?

Tokubetsu

yeah, juicy seems to know how to stay pretty relevant. paul is just on the wrong end of the 'hood' tip... or whatever you want to call it.
'i keep my gun cocked cus your girl on my cock' ? wuh?

he used to be hard as fuck! idk why he just didn't keep rapping in the same style, it's not like this style is mainstream or something...

Grab da Gauge

and toku you should post in YH's hip hop thread more! we got a good community now of peeps i think
http://yayhooray.net/thread/984/we-should-have-a-hip-hop-thread-every-day-official/p/400#bottom

gotta be logged in to view embeds

I had to re-register. They wipe accounts or something?

Esch

Banned
Initial Rapper list:

GZA
Ghostface
Raekwon
Method Man
Inspectah Deck
2pac
DOC
E-40
Eazy-E
DJ Quik
Blu
Snoop Dogg
Ice Cube
Nas
AZ
Rakim
Kool G Rap
Big L
Prodigy
Jay-Z
Notorious B.I.G.
Redman
Big Punisher
Big Daddy Kane
Slick Rick
Black Thought
Common
Mos Def
Talib Kweli
Elzhi
Tech N9ne
Bizzy Bone
Layzie Bone
Royce Da 5'9"
Eminem
Lupe Fiasco
Twista
Scarface
Lord Infamous
T.I.
Lil' Wayne
Big Boi
Young Jeezy
Pimp C
Andre 3000
Bun B
Gucci Mane
J. Cole
MF Doom
DMX
Xzibit
Tyler, The Creator
Kanye West
Guru
Aesop Rock
Slug
Jay Electronica
Big KRIT
Yelawolf
Curren$y
Roc Marciano
Action Bronson
Krayzie Bone
Busta Rhymes
Ludacris
Waka Flocka Flame
Cant think of any more cause im in class.

Tokubetsu

nah, shouldn't have. there was .com, but now there's .net
i'm pretty sure your account was like trap jesus or some shit haha

yea, it was, wasn't even remember my password and shit though and after registering again (Same name) it say my acct isn't active. Anyway

mRyrl.jpg

Rapper/producer Aesop Rock's first solo album in five years, Skelethon, is scheduled for release on July 10 through Rhymesayers.

01 Leisureforce
02 ZZZ Top
03 Cycles to Gehenna
04 Zero Dark Thirty
05 Fryerstarter
06 Ruby '81
07 Crows 1
08 Crows 2
09 Racing Stripes
10 1,000 O'Clock
11 Homemade Mummy
12 Grace
13 Saturn Missiles
14 Tetra
15 Gopher Guts

Pol_Pothead

Neo Member
If we talking quite known rappers like that list suggests, Busta Rhymes, Ludacris, DMX and Xzibit maybe should be in there as well. But of course there's many, many rappers people would be able to think of, if there's too many though this thing would take like a year to get through if it's once a week lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom