• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBY

Banned
good list, get AZ and Roc up on there tho. only ones i can think are missing

Initial Rapper list:

GZA
Ghostface
Raekwon
Method Man
Inspectah Deck
2pac
DOC
E-40
Eazy-E
DJ Quik
Blu
Snoop Dogg
Ice Cube
Nas
AZ
Rakim
Kool G Rap
Big L
Prodigy
Jay-Z
Notorious B.I.G.
Redman
Big Punisher
Big Daddy Kane
Slick Rick
Black Thought
Common
Mos Def
Talib Kweli
Elzhi
Tech N9ne
Bizzy Bone
Layzie Bone
Royce Da 5'9"
Eminem
Lupe Fiasco
Twista
Scarface
Lord Infamous
T.I.
Lil' Wayne
Big Boi
Young Jeezy
Andre 3000
Bun B
Gucci Mane
J. Cole
MF Doom
Aesop Rock
Slug
Jay Electronica
Big KRIT
Yelawolf
Curren$y
Roc Marciano
Action Bronson

Cant think of any more cause im in class.

you aint got no fucking yeezy :/

PBY

Banned
Just bought tickets to hear a LIL B LECTURE. Yes, hes coming to NY FUCKING U TO GIVE A LECTURE. Im pumped haha.

Esch

Banned
CL Smooth doesnt have the skill, popularity or prolific output. Sorry, you're just being obstinate. A guy like Jeru the Damaja even deserves to be on the list more than that dude.

hubes

I'm late on this, but gunplay kills his cartoon & cereal feature. I wasn't feeling the song when it first came out but now it's in my top 5 of the year.

Esch

Banned
And yet he has Lil Wayne and Gucci Mane

I'm not a fan of either but Wayne is easily hip hops most recognizable face from the last decade. He has to be there. Gucci is hilarious, a fun addition. Wiz Khalifa and Big Sean are jokes. Drake is just big sean and wayne slammed into a creamy shit paste, so hes automatically DQ'd.

Half of the guys on your list haven't done anything even coming near to Mecca and the Soul Brother but whatever.

I'm picking artists intentionally that people can talk about. I dont think anyone besides you can think of a single memorable Smooth verse in here but you. I love Pete and CL, but not for the raps.

I don't think most here can think of something Elzhi spitted either, even though he's one of my favourite rappers right now, when his most popular release has been Elmatic.

I'm okay with you not putting CL on that list, I just feel you're being inconsistent. But feel free to do what you gotta do.

Esch

Banned
It's arguable who is most recognizable between Wayne and Kanye. I'd say both are extremely well known even outside of the "hip hop community"

Wayne sells more. I put ye on there anyway. I thought he'd been on the list. I put Elzhi and Royce on there because apart from several memorable releases and features i think they are the perfect examples of the detroit hip hop style.

Bunch of rap events coming to Ohio State!
J Cole and Big KRIT
Childish Gambino
Common but I think he's just speaking, not rapping

Anyone seen any of these guys? I'm definitely most excited for KRIT

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I am so fucking ready for that Aesop solo. I loved felt 3 and Hail Mary Mallon but a solo is what I really needed, glad it's coming.

hubes

Bunch of rap events coming to Ohio State!
J Cole and Big KRIT
Childish Gambino
Common but I think he's just speaking, not rapping

Anyone seen any of these guys? I'm definitely most excited for KRIT

i'm seeing cole and krit on 4/26. real pumped for krit.

Nas' flow on Suicide Bounce is blowing my mind. I slept on this track for some reason. Anyway, nobody fucks with this guy on a technical level. With Em and Jay being shadows of their former selves, I say the homie Esco is the best working MC at the moment, even if he himself has never released anything that came close to the quality of Illmatic.

Recon

Banned
Nas' flow on Suicide Bounce is blowing my mind. Nobody fucks with this guy on a technical level. With Em and Jay being shadows of their former selves, I say the homie Esco is the best working MC at the moment, even if he himself has never released anything that came close to the quality of Illmatic.

The thing about Em and Jay, they still have it. They have it in abundance. Its their subject matter that is gone. They have no idea what to rap about anymore.

The thing about Em and Jay, they still have it. They have it in abundance. Its their subject matter that is gone. They have no idea what to rap about anymore.

Listening to Reasonable Doubt is just painful man, that Jay vanished and only makes the odd song here or there, the odd sick guest appearance.
Like I said, I know Nas has never outdone Illmatic, but he at least tries to return to his roots.

Recon

Banned
Listening to Reasonable Doubt is just painful man, that Jay vanished and only makes the odd song here or there, the odd sick guest appearance.
Like I said, I know Nas has never outdone Illmatic, but he at least tries to return to his roots.

That old jay has shown up for a song or too every once in awhile. Meet The Parents off of Blueprint 2 was Jay doing what Jay did best.

T Dollarz

The Blueprint is a different sound from Reasonable Doubt, but I like it just as much. However, just about anything else Jay has done pales in comparison to those two. It's actually probably an even wider gap than Nas has with Illmatic and the rest of his work. Or it's at least comparable.

Recon

Banned
The Blueprint is a different sound from Reasonable Doubt, but I like it just as much. However, just about anything else Jay has done pales in comparison to those two. It's actually probably an even wider gap than Nas has with Illmatic and the rest of his work. Or it's at least comparable.

Reasonable Doubt/Blueprint/Black Album are all fantastic. The rest of Jays discography can lick a dick tho.

PBY

Banned
link not working why would you do this to me?!

my bad, the dude who leaked it said he'd only put it up for 30 min :/

heres a dj khaled gif to cheer you up tho
KhaledJumpshot.gif

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Black Album is the only Jay Z album I loved start to finish. I played the hell out of that album.
I enjoyed parts of Vol.2 but overall it was a pretty poor album. Blueprint bored me. Reasonable Doubt never clicked but I can't deny it's a great album. Everything else is dogshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom