• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBY

Banned
Ty Howard
‏ @TYKiDD
Follow

The beat for "Lambo, Murci" sounds insane.
RETWEETS
2:28 PM - 27 Mar 12 via TweetDeck · Embed this Tweet
Reply Retweet Favorite

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

filler

Banned
I am so fucking ready for that Aesop solo. I loved felt 3 and Hail Mary Mallon but a solo is what I really needed, glad it's coming.

I was all hyped up to, then I asked Blockhead how many tracks he produced on the album. He said none, Aes produced all the beats himself. Hype deflated.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ty Howard
‏ @TYKiDD
Follow

The beat for "Lambo, Murci" sounds insane.
RETWEETS
2:28 PM - 27 Mar 12 via TweetDeck · Embed this Tweet
Reply Retweet Favorite

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
Perhaps that was the song at the end of the new Voyr clip? Or what was that?

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I was all hyped up to, then I asked Blockhead how many tracks he produced on the album. He said none, Aes produced all the beats himself. Hype deflated.

I'd love for blockhead to be co-producing like usual, but aesop showed on felt 3 (and on plenty of previous tracks) that while not quite blockheads level (few are) he can still make a fantastic beat.

PBY

Banned
524596_10150638987626194_18499831193_9443517_821330502_n.jpg

http://soundcloud.com/chris-palko/the-void-snippet
New Cage single coming april 3, snippets above

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Last Cage album was offensively bad. Hopefully he goes back to what he's good at.

And that snippet gives me little hope. Pretty fucking awful.

I think all we know is sometime this spring? Im not sure if there's been any update on that. I would expect soon though.

But Kanye is trying to be the next Steve Jobs with his design company that works on 10000 things and he wants to reform the education system. How is he going have time for album?

So there's still no one talking about Mickey MauSe? It's crazy.

Finished listening to it today, it's awesome.
I'll post my favourites just give me a couple of minutes.

EDIT: Memoirs of Entry I-IV were quite interesting, the first one especially was great when he talked about his goals.
The deadmau5 remixes weren't bad either, they caught me off guard, but it makes sense given the title of the mixtape.
Standout for me though was probably "The Arts (Avant Garde)" or the last minute and a half of Memoirs of Entry III (the part where he actually raps) although I need to listen to the whole tape a couple more times to be sure.

CRS

People who like the electronic side of hip-hop, friend of mine, ELOS, released his new album today.

CS1930922-02A-BIG.jpg

ELOS - Scenes of Life / Electricity

iTunes Link

You can preview the album on iTunes.

Macca

Had iTunes on shuffle earlier, Psycho by 50 and Em came on, damn I still really like this song. One of the best things either of them has done in the past couple years.

Recon

Banned
Had iTunes on shuffle earlier, Psycho by 50 and Em came on, damn I still really like this song. One of the best things either of them has done in the past couple years.

I never heard this lol. I like it. I stopped listening to 50 after The Massacre. Shit was bad. His soundtrack to his movie was alright I guess, though.

I never heard this lol. I like it. I stopped listening to 50 after The Massacre. Shit was bad. His soundtrack to his movie was alright I guess, though.

50 has a lifelong "Okay with me" pass for GRoDT. That album is so good. Plus he still drops a few tracks every year that show flashes of what he had back then. There's way worse than 2012 50 Cent.

Recon

Banned
50 has a lifelong "Okay with me" pass for GRoDT. That album is so good. Plus he still drops a few tracks every year that show flashes of what he had back then. There's way worse than 2012 50 Cent.

Yeah, he just started to sound the same to me. There are much worse, I agree, but I avoid those, and avoid him.

RJT

For sure. The Game is a pretty mediocre MC, but the production on that album is godly. It helps to have Dre, Timbaland, Just Blaze, Kanye, Havoc (and the list goes on for a while) producing.

The Documentary > Get Rich or Die Trying

Great album, but nahh. GRoDT in 2003 in NYC was an unavoidable monster of an album. The Documentary just didn't have that same impact. But still, GRoDT, The Doc, Hunger For More, Straight Outta Cashville, and Beg For Mercy all get 2 thumbs up.

T'was a fun time.

Recon

Banned
Honestly, I think it comes down to what sound you prefer. One album had a very east coast sound, the other a very west coast sound. I love both though, so it honestly could go either way for me on any given day. It is funny that neither rapper has come close to creating a similar album, in terms of quality.

RJT

Honestly, I think it comes down to what sound you prefer. One album had a very east coast sound, the other a very west coast sound. I love both though, so it honestly could go either way for me on any given day. It is funny that neither rapper has come close to creating a similar album, in terms of quality.

The thing is, I'm more of an east coast guy, but I always thought the West had the best mainstream stuff: Dre, Snoop, Pac, Nate Dogg (his hooks made the songs he was in)...

Anyway, interview with El-P regarding his next album. Love this quote:

Despite the level of personal involvement El-P put into the new record, Cancer for Cure features a host of guest performers — everyone from Killer Mike (whose El-P-produced album R.A.P. Music comes out a week earlier) to Detroit rapper Danny Brown and Interpol front man Paul Banks. Such collaborations have to feel natural and, as much as possible, subtle, El-P says.

“I describe it as being the gay dog in South Park theory, where they got George Clooney to bark as the gay dog,” he says. “I collaborate with people who are around me and who I like, but … if it doesn’t fit, I won’t do it.”

Detox

Documentary has become a top 10 of all time album for me. I started realising that no matter what mood I'm in I can't skip any of the tracks, it is that good.

RJT

Apparently, it must be rap day at wired:

Among his many influences, rapper Danny Brown counts prominent MCs like Nas, André 3000 and E-40. But there’s also a less-obvious inspiration for his rhyming style: Dr. Seuss.

“If it wasn’t for Dr. Seuss books, I don’t know if I’d be here,” Brown says in the Wired video above, discussing the author’s impact on his music. “I joke on rappers and call them Cat in the Hat rappers — guys that use A-B-C rhyme formats, predictable rhymes. I try to be a little unpredictable in my rhyme schemes and my patterns and stuff so, I don’t know, I’d say [I'm] Dr. Seuss on steroids maybe.”

http://www.wired.com/underwire/2012...+wired/index+(Wired:+Index+3+(Top+Stories+2))

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Documentary has become a top 10 of all time album for me. I started realising that no matter what mood I'm in I can't skip any of the tracks, it is that good.

Its one of the last classics we have seen IMO...

Recon

Banned
Ahhh shit. Yo, my fellow Gaf-Hop brethren. I have a date on thursday night. This woman is gorgeous, half korean half white. Smart as fuck, she is a first year med student at Michigan State University. I am legitimately nervous. We are going for drinks/pool early thursday evening then a comedy club that night. Help me, I have no game when it comes to females I actually like. How do I treat this differently than a booty call...that is the only thing I know how to to do..:-( Do I go for a kiss at the end of the night? Do I wait?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom