• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chronic 2001
All Eyez On Me
TM 103: Hustlerz Ambition

Really, a lot of the 90s west coast big name albums have fucking impecable mixing and mastering. Those west coast producers and engineers knew what the fuck they were doing.

DJ Quik did a damn good job on All Eyez On Me. Too bad he still doesn't have the respect he deserves.

IrishNinja

I got to here and thought 'I wonder if he got any Streetpasses?' hahaha

*dap* see? how the fuck you gon go to a roots show and not bring your 3DS for them passes....like a quarter of those dudes looked like spindashing clones, don't act like you can't share just cause ya'll got all the puzzles put together. damn.

i bet they all ditched me and met up for a pusmo afterparty too

Jay Sosa

WTF?

SkyUK is using K.L. "Spiteful Chant" for the match highlights before the N'castle - 'Pool clash. That's pretty awesome.

Detox

WTF?

SkyUK is using K.L. "Spiteful Chant" for the match highlights before the N'castle - 'Pool clash. That's pretty awesome.

There's a Aftermath fan on the CBBC team as well. In the afternoons while my brother is watching it I always hear instrumentals from early Eminem albums and 2001 playing in the background on stuff like Blue Peter and the show in-between the main ones.

Speaking of K.dot he is coming to London and none of my friends are cool enough to see him unless that single he drops is actually produced by Dr Dre. I'm going to suck it up and go alone the Kendrick crowd is probably going to be chill people anyway.

Jay Sosa

There's a Aftermath fan on the CBBC team as well. In the afternoons while my brother is watching it I always hear instrumentals from early Eminem albums and 2001 playing in the background on stuff like Blue Peter and the show in-between the main ones.

Eurosport watts also used lots of really awesome hip hop instrumentals a few years ago

Speaking of K.dot he is coming to London and none of my friends are cool enough to see him unless that single he drops is actually produced by Dr Dre. I'm going to suck it up and go alone the Kendrick crowd is probably going to be chill people anyway.

Tell me bout it, one of these days I'll just man up and go alone. I have it even worse, (almost) none of my friends listen to hip hop at all.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
That girl is ridiculously hot, dumbfuck hipster glasses ruin it though. And she's yet another female rapper whose voice makes me want to eat lead paint chips till I'm too retarded to comprehend the world.

http://www.thesource.com/articles/209112?thesource-prod=ffm22pcngnvcp9bcrsoougvi90
hIGAi.png

Cool

I like Gibbs but he needs to exercise a bit more variety in his subject matter. The songs are guaranteed to include A Cadi -> Weed -> Regular/Down Ass Bitch -> Hood Repping -> For My Ni Dear Associates

Hope it's a change of pace

To bad he's just as bad as Cole is. lol. At the very least, he's "man" enough to settle his shit on wax and not pussy out.

edit: well...he did make Cole look like an extreme bitch in that last verse (or, more than Cole does to himself). yeesh

Yea I didn't know why he dissed Cole then I actually read the lyric list from Grew Up Fast and Purple rain lol

obdtyurj:iphone

And
Unless you talkin blockbusters, you n******* is not Russell
You more Diggy - me I'm more Biggie
No diss to the young boy im just rappin get bored quickly
Just to make up for that line invite him on tour with me
Show him the game let him finagle these whores with me
Run through they doors with me, hit the Ritz-Carlton for the night
Leave him there with two d***** probably change a n***** life right
What up Vanessa, I loved you that one semester

Detox

Eurosport watts also used lots of really awesome hip hop instrumentals a few years ago

Tell me bout it, one of these days I'll just man up and go alone. I have it even worse, (almost) none of my friends listen to hip hop at all.
Not sure if you're in London but if you and / or any other gaf-hoppers in London want to go see Kendrick live I don't mind meeting up.

OG Kush

Same I really wanna go to the london show but none of my mates are that into him...
that CBBC thing cracks me up haha!

PBY

Banned
New Young Roddy is nice- wish there were more original beats, but Good Sense is so fucking awesome I don't even care.

hubes

damnit man on the cartoon & cereal beat there's a loop of something that sounds like the predator clicking sound. Its all I hear when I listen to the song now. If this ruins the song for anybody I am sorry.

PBY

Banned
damnit man on the cartoon & cereal beat there's a loop of something that sounds like the predator clicking sound. Its all I hear when I listen to the song now. If this ruins the song for anybody I am sorry.

you just made the song better for me. thanks bro

yo gaf hop, whats the word on currensy??

I got covert coup on a whim, and cant believe I slept on him for so long. I've only heard a few other songs in some of my friends cars and need more material to listen to.

PBY

Banned
I miss HRD :( ...

But heres a pale imitation of his mixtape roundup:

Always-Inspired-cover.png

http://www.mediafire.com/?tjesl03ijok0b91
Nice production, good ScienZe feature.

moonstruck1.png

http://pfunk.bandcamp.com/album/moonstruck
^This is really nice, not sure its worth the 3 bux as its only 4 tracks, but theyre four really nice tracks- you can stream above.

themarch-front-final.jpg

http://www.sharebeast.com/t41xdmnsfai8
This is dope, everyone shd dl. ^lead track dl above, you can get the whole album here:
http://shastimuli.bandcamp.com/album/the-march

Aporiacover.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/?l3bty25hyh446cf
This is too fucking smooth. Good shit.

Last but not least:
golddigging101cover.jpg

Really smooth, nice rhymes
http://www.mediafire.com/?jwwgj4skhhweyu6

PBY

Banned

I got covert coup on a whim, and cant believe I slept on him for so long. I've only heard a few other songs in some of my friends cars and need some more of his stuff to look into.

Get Pilot Talk 1 and 2, and the Jet Life Album.

If you want more free tapes, you can get:
Verde Terrace, Here, and #The1st28.

Stay away from Muscle Car Chronicles.

hubes

I got covert coup on a whim, and cant believe I slept on him for so long. I've only heard a few other songs in some of my friends cars and need more material to listen to.

Yo... like peterboy said get pilot talk 1 & 2. Famous off of pilot talk 2 is my favorite beat from the past few years, shit is too smooth. And the "sequel" to covert coup should be coming out on 4/20 so you got that to look forward to.

PBY

Banned
Yo... like peterboy said get pilot talk 1 & 2. Famous off of pilot talk 2 is my favorite beat from the past few years, shit is too smooth. And the "sequel" to covert coup should be coming out on 4/20 so you got that to look forward to.

yup- you can find dl links to all the tapes listed above as well as his older stuff here:
http://93trilinfinity.wordpress.com/mixtapes/#curren$y

edit: haha i just went on a straight spitta binge- downloaded his whole discography, and am making my way through it. THERE ARE NO BAD TRACKS ON LIKE 20 RELEASES. Spitta is a monster, jesus.

CRS

Is it be easier to be a white female rapper than it is to be a white male rapper?

Or at least, easier to get into the game?

Edit: thinking about it a little more and as bad as it is it is to think this, duh, it is. Especially if said female is attractive.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Is it be easier to be a white female rapper than it is to be a white male rapper?

Or at least, easier to get into the game?

Edit: thinking about it a little more and as bad as it is it is to think this, duh, it is. Especially if said female is attractive.
If it worked for Nicki Minaj, of course.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Going by her recent album cover, white female rappers are blowing up.
When you jack GaGa's swag hard enough, and you make it clear your trying to go mainly for that white audience appeal through [insert all the fuckery Nicki Minaj does here], I'd say it's easy to say a white female rapper can break out no matter the audience they're trying to go for.

If the female is not attractive, I would say it's impossible to break out TBQH.

PBY

Banned
^Thats dope

edit:
What.... Skee was teasing this tape was dropping tonight/tom for such a long time, then this
Skee's Tumblr -

#CaliforniaRepublic: Due to the heavy winds in Cali, we have a delay… Happy April Fools! But seriously, we are in the lab finishing up the mixtape as I type. No link tonight as we would rather have it sounding perfect verses rushing out. Don’t worry, it really will be dropping very soon. Just finishing a couple songs up, waiting on verses, and mixing everything down- trust, it will be worth the wait. Sorry to disappoint/joke with y’all, you know we love ya, but it’s all about quality over here… YouKnowWhatItIs, I only drop classics!!
BTW this is a sneak preview of the alternate cover alongside the Cali Flag one we leaked earlier. Shout to Teruo for the art as always. Back to the SkeeLodge to finish this up…

cmon.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom