• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokubetsu

01 Lito Speaks 00:18
02 Hope for Love (prod. by Doughboy) 04:25
03 Mental WARfare feat. Robin Raynelle (prod. by DJ Burn One) 04:33
04 WTF (prod. by Sonny Digital) 03:33
05 Lito Speaks #2 00:17
06 Live from the Kitchen (prod. by Lil Keis) 03:35
07 Back With The $#!t (prod. by Big Fruit) 03:00
08 The Ville feat. Quanie Cash (prod. by Fate Eastwood) 03:10
09 L.E.A.N. feat. Killa Kyleon & Young Dolph (prod. by Cardo & DJ Burn One) 05:34
10 Substitute (prod. by DJ Burn One) 04:41
11 Game Over feat. Don Trip (prod. by The Colleagues) 03:52
12 Nortriptyline (prod. by Trakksounds) 02:26
13 Chill feat. Don Trip (prod. by DJ Burn One) 04:44
14 Lito Speaks #3 01:03
15 Produced by Coop (prod. by Coop) 03:30
16 The Struggle feat. Ke'Anthony & Quanie Cash (prod. by Fate Eastwood) 03:56
17 Grape Swishers (prod. by DJ Burn One) 05:27

http://starlito.bandcamp.com/album/mental-warfare

AOTY 2012 material.

Grab for free at livemixtapes:
http://www.livemixtapes.com/mixtapes/16655/starlito_mental_warfare.html

Tokubetsu

I've been reduced to trolling random hip hop turntable rooms......bored.

^^^
Never listened to him before, gonna try it out.

Starlito is sick man. Watch this:
http://youtu.be/_2GwW83Oqww
It's a jackin' for beats musical haha

Some other sick tracks:
http://youtu.be/xaRiDvXaMoc
http://youtu.be/8c0nGlWw5f0
http://youtu.be/9JRIWiTTJXg

Awesome. Its on datpiff for free right now tho.

edit: that came out wrong, I'm not saying to not support, just that its weird

Yea, meant to add that link as well. Though it's 55mb so quality is probably suspect.

Satyamdas

Banned
That like saying 59 is better than cube and that is like insanity

Yeah I thought dude was just trolling with that shit. 50 might have 10x the output of MC Ren, but Ren is still better. Eazy might have not written most of his shit, but the shit 50 writes is dogshit and Eazy had more charisma on the mic. Then you get to Cube and it's like "what the fuck are you talking about?" Which is not even to mention Dre's groundbreaking early beats.

Seriously 50's best shit is in the Guess Who's Back era. Couple of really good mixtapes but it's basically all downhill from GRoDT (which is nowhere near the 5 mic masterpiece people treat it as).

Canuck76

Banned
Hey guys I'm a big fan (and rep) West Coast. But what are some newer West Coast artists? I'm a big fan of 2pac, Dre and i like some random stuff (Rappin'4tay, Bishop Lamont, some of the Game)

I'm looking for more of a g-funk sound than a tyler the creator "watch me say fuck and try to sound menacing" sound that seems to be popular.

Tokubetsu

Hey guys I'm a big fan (and rep) West Coast. But what are some newer West Coast artists? I'm a big fan of 2pac, Dre and i like some random stuff (Rappin'4tay, Bishop Lamont, some of the Game)

I'm looking for more of a g-funk sound than a tyler the creator "watch me say fuck and try to sound menacing" sound that seems to be popular.

No one really makes g-funk anymore but if you want the best of the "new" and "young" west coast, you need this album right now:
1989E.jpg

http://youtu.be/oh8LMSJSk0s
http://youtu.be/4oYwf5y9DFg
http://youtu.be/KWlu8VhcqtM
http://youtu.be/LGRHKwFHvNM

Everything from the TDE camp actually. Kendrick Lamar being the other big highlight. They all actually just signed a deal with Aftermath/Dre.

Satyamdas

Banned

Check this shit out bruh:

My Middle Name is Crime - Nickatina & The Jacka

Rock Day - J Stalin

Dope Boy - Philthy Rich

Not g-funk, but some different west coast shit (bay area in this case).

filler

Banned

Dom Kennedy and Mitchy Slick

SoilBreak

Banned

Not really g-funk but some newer west coast artists

Skeme - Pistols & Palm Trees / The Statement

Dom Kennedy - The Original Dom Kennedy / Future Street & Drug Sounds / From The Westside With Love

Schoolboy Q – Habits & Contradictions

Fashawn - Higher Learning 2

Pac Div - The DiV / Mania

Chuuwee - Watching The Throne

Ab-Soul - Longterm Mentality

CRS

You should try to look for tickets a couple of days before the show. Venue might sell them again.

It's going to be a case of buying ticket first and then trying to get day off.

I agree g-funk is pretty much dead and no longer a relevant west coast sound. It would be cool if the west coast had their own Big KRIT to sort of revive and play with the old school sound.

and thank god the 2001 bass n piano sound is dead as well.

Recon

Banned
So that's why there were no posts. Community aint shit but hoes and tricks...

Honestly,what goes into community and what stays is so fucking arbitrary. Fuck this though, this is what ruins online forums. It was what ruined the gamespy forums back in the day.

RJT

Apparently, there's a new De La album, sort of...

De La Soul is back… well, sort of. Please pay attention, because this may get confusing. Plug 2/Dave and Plug 1/Pos of De La Soul have created First Serve, for which they take on the personas of aspiring rappers Deen Whitter and Jacob “Pop Life” Barrow. The production and beats come to us from French Producers 2 & 4 (aka Chokolate & Kahlid). Got it?

Anyone heard it? Is it good?

Macca

The beat on that track is nice as hell, but Dre don't sound like Dre. And the hook is pretty forgettable too. Not a great first track to drop.

Detox

Not sure if it is a Dre beat or someone from TDE but with certain tweaks Snoop would have flowed much better over it than Kendrick's weird flow.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kendrick Lamar ft Dr Dre - The Recipe

1st impression it's like Kendrick ghostwrote for Dre and it doesn't suit Dre at all neither does the beat. I was expecting a banger :(
Dre and Kendrick is a bad combination stylistically anyways.

That hook is bad. Yuck. The rest of the song is okay, just like Cartoons & Cereal. C&C was a bit better though. The entire song has this weird flow to it, the beat is smoother than the song itself.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Ah man, what the fuck?

Every reason I had to even click on the OT has been moved to Community.

I guess we had a good run.

edit: really feeling that Kendrick x Dre though

Detox

Dre and Kendrick is a bad combination stylistically anyways.

Yeah all they needed to do was get a beat from Dre than banged no feature and Kendrick channelling that spite and anger in him (only like him when he is in this mode) for the single. I don't think this is going to gain any traction at all, I wonder if Kendrick's album will descend into Aftermath hell after this.

PBY

Banned
Community? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I don't get why fragmenting the forum benefits anyone. damn.

New Kendrick is fine.

CRS

You know that shit is going to be horrible if he's referencing the prequels.

Also, am I the only one that doesn't care for Jay Elec at all?

Pol_Pothead

Neo Member

Been looking forward to this one. I wasn't sure what was going on with it because yesterday on twitter lito seemed to imply it was just an april fools day joke and then had it listed on his bandcamp for $100 so it's a relief that it's come out as normal.

As others have mentioned, G-funk unfortunately isn't really about like that anymore but your post gives me a chance to repimp the production of DJ fresh so i'm just going to paste what I originally wrote about him.

DJ Fresh has produced for several Bay rappers and his tonite show series of tapes has helped to get some a lot more attention than they previously had. Or at the least a lot more attention from myself lol. He was also Nas's tour DJ at one point which is besides the point but whatever. Anyways he often utilises 1980s soul samples in his work and is comfortable making beats ranging from minimal percussion heavy slappers to more richly textured fare. Here are 20 songs he has produced from the past few years that i've enjoyed and were on youtube so if you been sleeping WAKE THE FUCK UP!

Cousin Fik - Pow

Mitchy Slick ft. Strong Arm Steady - New BMW

Shady Nate - Gimme The Loot (HD is featured on the album version of this song as well but i'm trying to pull out links for official videos where possible. My guess is that HD was in jail at the time of this videoshoot or something. He goes to jail quite a bit unfortunately)

J. Stalin - If I Fall Down

Yukmouth - Sippin' On Don

Beeda Weeda - Baserock Babies

Young Gully - Definition Of Gas

Keak Da Sneak - Maxi Pads

HD ft. G-Dirty & B-Stroll - Black Politics

Shady Nate ft. Thrill, Jay Jonah & Phishscale Mack - It's Da M.A.F.I.A.

J. Stalin - Can't Stay

Beeda Weeda - Wit' Da Shit

Cousin Fik ft. Shady Nate & B-Legit - Show 'Em Wassup

T-Nutty - Criptonite

Killa Keise - Gun Ride

Kool G Rap - G Rap Stories

J. Stalin ft. Stevie Joe - Dead Presidents

Young Gully - David (The Script)

Philthy Rich ft. The Livewire Gang - On The Wire

J. Stalin ft. Dotrix 4000 & Gary Hawkins - I'm Yo' Pusher Man

Here are a few artists and the albums of theirs you might want to check out.

J. Stalin - Real World 3
Shady Nate - Based On A True Story
HD - Fresh: The Album
Davinci - Feast Or Famine EP
Young Gully - David
Joe Blow - You Should Be Paying Me
Livewire - M.A.F.I.A.
Young Lox - Loxycotin

A few random songs thrown in for good measure.

Davinci - Clean Ass Whip

Beeda Weeda - Paper
Husalah - Da Mob

And also this song should have been the west coast anthem last year.

Beeda Weeda - West Up Remix

I'm really liking that new Kendrick that shit is a smooth summer single.

Wouldn't say the verses are that nice, but i dig the chorus a lot. Does seem weird hearing kendrick over this type of production.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom