• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBY

Banned
Big Sean says Em reached out to him to try and do some work. Also shot the video to Guap.

Says a lot of people ("Grade A rappers") made verses for Clique but were cut for the final song.

EDIT: DID I HEAR SOMEONE ASKING FOR SOME NEW PLIES?

WELL HERE YOU GO ANYWAYS. DAT NEW PLIES: FLICKALATIN.

EDIT2: Kendrick Lamar freestyles over TNGNT's Higher Ground.

posted that plies mixtape a while back, but damn all of his videos are identical. plies doesn't bother me, sometimes he brings a hypeass verse or 2

10 Albums I'll Always Come Back To
K1Hik.jpg
HdnX4.jpg

5kvVK.jpg
Wbf2d.jpg

ncMVo.png
EwyDC.jpg

8ejEI.png
ksByz.png

KW3Vu.jpg
rooJs.jpg

I listen to new shit as well, despite what this list implies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
iPhone-GAF-Hop, y'all get the new iTunes?

It does this cool thing in album view where it autodetects album art and the most contrastive colours on there to create some custom displays. Cross-posting from iTunes 11 thread.

Ecstatic one is the best there. Obviously it's a bit hit and miss because of how dependent it is on album arts, but it's overall pretty spiffy. Share 'em if ya got 'em.

DominoKid

i wish wiz couldve got 2 chainz on medicated instead of chevy woods.
he did aight but 2 chainz wouldve taken it to the next level.

the new itunes is sick even though its weird as fuck.
i spent like an hour finding a setup im comfortable with.

i miss being able to have grid view with the artists. and then click on the artist and it would open a window with just all their albums. right now theyre all spread out individually. i cant make the grid view icons smaller either. it feels like a beta.

CRS

iPhone-GAF-Hop, y'all get the new iTunes?

It does this cool thing in album view where it autodetects album art and the most contrastive colours on there to create some custom displays. Cross-posting from iTunes 11 thread.

Ecstatic one is the best there. Obviously it's a bit hit and miss because of how dependent it is on album arts, but it's overall pretty spiffy. Share 'em if ya got 'em.

iPhone-GAF-Hop? The fuck? iTunes ain't exclusive to it. I did upgrade though. Messing with it now.

Some complaints but overall it's pretty good. It is back to it's original snappiness though. Funny enough, removing Last.fm helped out a lot.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
iPhone-GAF-Hop? The fuck? iTunes ain't exclusive to it. I did upgrade though. Messing with it now.

Some complaints but overall it's pretty good. It is back to it's original snappiness though. Funny enough, removing Last.fm helped out a lot.
That was just a precaution in case I got a bunch of replies from Foobar/Winamp/Realplayer/whateverthecoolkidsusenow elitists :p

Yeah the most noticeable thing for me, especially since I'm on PC is the speed and performance. It's definitely going to take a while to get used to since now everything navigational is at the top instead of the side, including other quirks that I've yet to find. Probably harder to make playlists now too.

Moar:

CRS

That was just a precaution in case I got a bunch of replies from Foobar/Winamp/Realplayer/whateverthecoolkidsusenow elitists :p

Yeah the most noticeable thing for me, especially since I'm on PC is the speed and performance. It's definitely going to take a while to get used to since now everything navigational is at the top instead of the side, including other quirks that I've yet to find. Probably harder to make playlists now too.

Moar:

View -> Show Sidebar

Probably my two biggest complaints:

I can't see the song time/position anymore in the mini player. Really fucking annoying.

Also, Ctrl+F STILL doesn't go to the search bar. I don't get. Easiest thing to implement (I think) and still don't have it.

Slowly coverting to Foobar. Need to trim a lot of music and I find it the easiest in iTunes. iTunes for tag editing/organization and Foobar for playback.
How do you have the features showing like that?

Upgrade to iTunes 11 and it's the new Albums view.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
i wonder how it picks up the colors. cause it doesnt always pick up how i expect it to.
I think it picks up the main colour around the edges, and if it's too varied it picks the colour that shows up the most across the entire art, then it finds the colour on the entire art that contrasts with it most for the text. And after that, the third most contrasting colour from the first, main colour, to get the second text colour.

View -> Show Sidebar

Probably my two biggest complaints:

I can't see the song time/position anymore in the mini player. Really fucking annoying.

Also, Ctrl+F STILL doesn't go to the search bar. I don't get. Easiest thing to implement (I think) and still don't have it.

Slowly coverting to Foobar. Need to trim a lot of music and I find it the easiest in iTunes. iTunes for tag editing/organization and Foobar for playback.

Upgrade to iTunes 11 and it's the new Albums view.
Oh my god thank you.

Also Tyler has the new iTunes, he posted a pic of it above. But I think that's only the case if the album has a single album artist, but the artist is different per-song with features written in.

CRS

I don't mess with an equalizer/bass boost if that's what you mean by adjustments. I'm in the, "if it's properly mixed/mastered", it doesn't need any adjustments" camp.

Only adjustment I do is when I switch from low to hi gain on my amp.

Oh any Tyler, the artist under tracks is when it's more than one artist on an album. i.e. Soundtracks, compilations, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom