• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

T Dollarz

S2uXm.jpg

Skipped around that Three Loco joint a couple of days ago.
Production was not what I was expecting at all, outside of Neato and We Are Farmers/Llamas nothing banged which was disappointing and Riff stays ODing on singing which I ain't got time for.

MBDTF leaning more towards being a pop album than a hip-hop is the only reason I can figure this thread is so sour on it.

The "pop" of the album consists of what?
All of the lights, Runaway(maybe?), and Lost in the World?
Dark Fantasy, Gorgeous, Power, Monster, So Appalled, Devil in a New Dress, Runaway(maybe?), Hell of a Life, and Blame Game vastly outnumber those songs last I checked.

The "pop" of the album consists of what?
All of the lights, Runaway(maybe?), and Lost in the World?
Dark Fantasy, Gorgeous, Power, Monster, So Appalled, Devil in a New Dress, Runaway(maybe?), Hell of a Life, and Blame Game vastly outnumber those songs last I checked.

Pretty much and who cares anyway? Kanye West most pop album is his best. We all know that

Jitters

I'm not seeing how that makes the entire album lean towards pop.
Well yeah, I guess I didn't mean entire. But I could see how stuff like that could turn off hip-hop purist. Then again, this thread likes The Weekend more than Frank Ocean, so I don't know why I bother to care.

Well yeah, I guess I didn't mean entire. But I could see how stuff like that could turn off hip-hop purist. Then again, this thread likes The Weekend more than Frank Ocean, so I don't know why I bother to care.

Don't bunch this entire thread together like that. We all have varied opinions.

IrishNinja

Future is so 2003 or 1987 depending on how you look at it

i'ma need some help with this one des

fuck, this song really came out in 1996? I thought it was earlier than that.

haha that was totally the intention i thought, i loved it cause i was in college the next year and some heads were acting like "yeah this was my jam back in the day", marvel did that shit with sentry later too nahmean

See that shit is Enzo tier

gyhaddayum

Alright GAF Hop, I'm having trouble taking my music from my iPhone and putting it on my computer. I've tried dragging the song to the desktop.. and as futile as it was.. I tried putting it back into the new iTunes.

Help a brother out.

haha that was totally the intention i thought, i loved it cause i was in college the next year and some heads were acting like "yeah this was my jam back in the day", marvel did that shit with sentry later too nahmean
lmao, I can just imagine that shit. Like what do you mean back in the day, that song is just new this year haha

Tokubetsu

Toku demoted to Soulja Boy status

I just think it's funny that you stanning for GKMC so hard when we both know he's mining the same shit has for his last two releases but with less interesting production. All while calling shit like CO ambien while repping whatever indie underdog boring release of the week. It's okay dezzy, I see you.

HiResDes

I just think it's funny that you stanning for GKMC so hard when we both know he's mining the same shit has for his last two releases but with less interesting production. All while calling shit like CO ambien while repping whatever indie underdog boring release of the week. It's okay dezzy, I see you.

I think you need to revisit GKMC honestly...Next year you'll do realize how good it truly is but you'll feel too ashamed to confess it to us. The presentation of Kendrick's "old ideas" is a step beyond his previous albums and pretty much every "new" artist on the rise today. It is a thematic, concept album executed with impeccable cohesion all while remaining good on a surface level as well. Channel Orange has a few good tracks, but the production is quite stagnant and Frank's passion rarely matches the intensity of his subject matter with a few exceptions, one being Crack Rock.

Esch

Banned
abandoning samples was the worst idea Frank Ocean's ever had

well maybe Forrest Gump

also whats wrong with mining subject material if its still fresh and engaging?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom