• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macca

So Kid Cudi is that high on the list... Holy fucking shit. Above Ready to Die... Above Liquid Swords...

Good grief.
What exactly is wrong with more people having Man on the Moon on their favourites list than Ready to Die, or LS? Honestly. I mean, this is a favourites list, not judging them on quality. It makes sense, MotM is a more personal album, is not 20 years old and is more likely to be relevant to times in the lives of members here than a lot of others.

thabiz

But if the album is on your personal favourite list, doesn't that entail that you think the album is pretty damn good. Age and lore is the biggest factor on this list. I think a lot of this stuff was put up because its "supposed" to be there.

If this was truly a personal list, i think it would have been a lot more diverse.

Im with you. I dont think people need to follow the "implied classics" thats fine. I regularly hear how im wrong because i dont really fuck with Reasonable doubt. I think its a boring fucking album and prefer alot of Jays other work.

I just really dont see whats good about that album (Motm). Just that one in particular im talking about. Theres some shit on the list i dont fuck with but i dont care if people love it.

Cudi just seems crazy to be held in such high regard. To me.

Macca

Im with you. I dont think people need to follow the "implied classics" thats fine. I regularly hear how im wrong because i dont really fuck with Reasonable doubt. I think its a boring fucking album and prefer alot of Jays other work.

I just really dont see whats good about that album (Motm). Just that one in particular im talking about. Theres some shit on the list i dont fuck with but i dont care if people love it.

Cudi just seems crazy to be held in such high regard. To me.
Did you end up going back and listening to it again?

And I don't think Cudi himself is held in high regard here, mainly that 1 album. Maybe his mixtapes...

Haha, these last couple of pages remind me when Sean Price said that if you like Kid Cudi, you should go kill yourself.

It's honestly been awhile since I've listened to it, but I recall loving it just for it seeming catchy and the whole atmosphere of the album. I wouldn't say that Kid Cudi could sing well, but to me what he did work oddly enough. Just a very memorable album to me.

While we're talking about Cudi I need to say something.
"Creepers" off Cruel Summer is a horrible, horrible song. As in, I've literally never made it from beginning to end.
That said, I don't mind Cudi in general.

Jitters

While we're talking about Cudi I need to say something.
"Creepers" off Cruel Summer is a horrible, horrible song. As in, I've literally never made it from beginning to end.
That said, I don't mind Cudi in general.

That is actually one of my favorites of his.

Esch

Banned
I like the Clique chorus and verses but i cant fuck with that beat, kanye's operatic shit just sounds corny as hell

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
if an album got one vote then it isn't on the list.

I do remember seeing a common album too.

ahh ok that makes sense and yeah i had common ressurection and I saw a common BE but its cool. the list is actually impressive for having nothing incredibly shitty on it.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I wish I didn't like man on the moon as much as I do. Cudi is a little bitchass fuck boy who needs to get punched in the throat and id be happy if he never made another song in his life...but that album is so good, despite Cudi being a shit rapper, a shit singer, and an overly dramatic child. It's like watching a one armed, blind, morbidly obese child make a halfcourt shot. You don't understand how it happened and know it will probably never happen again.

I wish I didn't like man on the moon as much as I do. Cudi is a little bitchass fuck boy who needs to get punched in the throat and id be happy if he never made another song in his life...but that album is so good, despite Cudi being a shit rapper, a shit singer, and an overly dramatic child. It's like watching a one armed, blind, morbidly obese child make a halfcourt shot. You don't understand how it happened and know it will probably never happen again.

haha something is wrong with you

coldvein

Banned
motm1 is a classic that was put out not that long ago, its more current, more relevant than a lot of albums that came out 20 years ago. makes sense that its so high on the list.

motm1 is a classic that was put out not that long ago, its more current, more relevant than a lot of albums that came out 20 years ago. makes sense that its so high on the list.

The problem people are having is that they believe it is a garbage album, not what date it came out.

Edit: This MotM hate is amusing. Album should be brought up more for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom