• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.
MMG's advance can't come close to Birdman's

Difference is, MMGs advance will be financial. Birdmans advances will be sexual. You know the rules, you seen the photos of Wayne and him. You wanna drop an album you gotta make kissy face with Birdman.

Fuck both those labels. Nas dropped a great album this year, he can do the same next year without those labels.

Difference is, MMGs advance will be financial. Birdmans advances will be sexual. You know the rules, you seen the photos of Wayne and him. You wanna drop an album you gotta make kissy face with Birdman.

Fuck both those labels. Nas dropped a great album this year, he can do the same next year without those labels.

He has one more Def Jam album iirc. After that who knows what he'll do. He could go independent but I doubt he'll want to. A lot of the 90s rappers seem like dinosaurs in this new market. They prefer the comfort and security of a label, while also bitching about labels not marketing or selling their shit properly.

Knowing Nas, he'll sign a 360 deal with someone and spend his entire advance on a car

DominoKid

He has one more Def Jam album iirc. After that who knows what he'll do. He could go independent but I doubt he'll want to. A lot of the 90s rappers seem like dinosaurs in this new market. They prefer the comfort and security of a label, while also bitching about labels not marketing or selling their shit properly.

Knowing Nas, he'll sign a 360 deal with someone and spend his entire advance on a car

For real.
Other than jay theres no reason for any of those 90s rappers to even be on a major.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I think it's very likely Nas will either sign off the rest of his life to Def Jam, or sign with G.O.O.D. or MMG.

Most likely again with Def Jam.

I see it as laziness. They couldnt be bothered setting up their own shit and would rather let the label do it for them.

I believe Cube has his own shit, Raekwon too. Rest of these 90s dudes need to get the finger out. (Waiting for a Macca comment about a finger and my anus.)

Yea I bet he'll stay with Def Jam too. They certainly did their best to sell his album, yet it still stalled at around 320k sold. I'm glad Nas did his own thing (outside of that Swizz beat) but he probably should have looked for a more logical single than The Don (which went nowhere). Daughters would have been huge if it had Eminem on it, as was originally planned.

filler

Banned
JSKFN.jpg

Yea I bet he'll stay with Def Jam too. They certainly did their best to sell his album, yet it still stalled at around 320k sold. I'm glad Nas did his own thing (outside of that Swizz beat) but he probably should have looked for a more logical single than The Don (which went nowhere). Daughters would have been huge if it had Eminem on it, as was originally planned.

No shit?? Never knew that. It might have done nothing but i loved The Don,i still go back to that track.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

idk nas has shown some entrepreneurial spirit considering he owns part of Rock The Bells. A Label ran by Nas as a figurehead with some real music exec behind the scenes doing the day to day could make a lot of money for Kelis...

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
idk nas has shown some entrepreneurial spirit considering he owns part of Rock The Bells. A Label ran by Nas as a figurehead with some real music exec behind the scenes doing the day to day could make a lot of money for Kelis...

I hope he does this. It could lead to some interesting music. Or he could crash and burn.

Detox

Everyone wants indie Nas, Premier has mentioned several times that he has and still saves beats for Nas and he can do an whole album easily.

kamspy

Everyone wants indie Nas, Premier has mentioned several times that he has and still saves beats for Nas and he can do an whole album easily.

This is why we'll never have it.

Nas does the polar opposite of what he should in regards to his career choices since his first album. If dude wasn't so damn talented, his career would be even deader than it is. Dude doesn't even really tour.

I bet mixtape rappers like Currensy and French Montana are caking significantly more than Nas right now. I just picture Nas in a leased Equinox renting a townhouse somewhere in Jersey.

bowery

onifc was pretty good but nothing that special to me, nothing that i could come back to. big boi on the other hand does indeed feel very fresh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom