• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBY

Banned

dude I actually really like Joey Badass. I like a bunch of underground rappers (off the top of my head, Lute dropped one of the hottest tapes I've ever heard, you should check it out btw), but I know that the vast majority of them just aren't gonna blow up. Especially dudes doing what Ka or Despot are doing, and especially considering the landscape of the music industry right now. Which isn't to say that they won't be doing that kind of music for a while, Roc Marciano has made a career out of that lane.

bowery

on another note after listening to this big boi record im really liking it a lot and really appreciate when big names change things up and do fresh shit like putting indie bands onto hip hop tracks, stuff that can shake up the industry...felt that way back when kid cudi brought in mgmt and ratatat and drake had jamie xx productions on take care

Macca

Someone needs to sample Drake rapping about eating bolognese at the polo lounge and put that shit behind a bronson song.

HiResDes

Eating a Bronson meal, smoking a Curren$y joint, or making out with Drake's best scraps (sex would make this too easy)...Which would you choose?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Eating a Bronson meal, smoking a Curren$y joint, or making out with Drake's best scraps (sex would make this too easy)...Which would you choose?
For Bronson to blow up he needs to play up on the chef aspect ten fold. It's a remarkably good gimmick and what made Well-Done awesome in parts too.

Speaking of that, it has French, Juicy J and Wayne features.

Boy is trying to sell out as fast as possible.

Have you heard Budden's debut? Dude "sold out" 9 years ago and had multiple commercial attempts leak since then. He's just finally in a position to try again.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
You are confusing skill for marketability

Nah. If you're talking about falling off, you're talking about ability. A good marketer could sell a dog barking over Casio keyboard beats. Montana is going to need a great one to cover for his lack of skill.

cacophony

tumblr_mcfhtxR0pO1qea9tpo1_500.jpg

WOO!

DominoKid

budden missed his shot. he should just keep photographing his jumpoffs and try to parlay that into a vh1 reality show.

trinidad james is so corny.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Have you heard Budden's debut? Dude "sold out" 9 years ago and had multiple commercial attempts leak since then. He's just finally in a position to try again.
I doubt he had a choice when he debuted. Label nonsense and all that. He has, but they've been pretty subdued and not on the scale of this many songs on a project. This is his best shot, and is now doing it all by his own volition cause he's independent now.

budden missed his shot. he should just keep photographing his jumpoffs and try to parlay that into a vh1 reality show.

trinidad james is so corny.

hahaha, I'm pretty sure I remember hearing Joe Budden will be on some reality show. I can't remember at the moment, but it definitely seemed like it was true.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Nah. If you're talking about falling off, you're talking about ability. A good marketer could sell a dog barking over Casio keyboard beats. Montana is going to need a great one to cover for his lack of skill.

It takes a certain skill to make club joints and guys like Soulja Boy fell off

Dude can't rap but could at one make a club joint

WanderingWind

It takes a certain skill to make club joints and guys like Soulja Boy fell off

Dude can't rap but could at one make a club joint

I'd say it takes a small amount of skill to do it once. It's more beat selection and luck for one time. Now, people who consistently make bangers people want to go crazy to? That takes real skill.

French will likely make a hit, considering who is buying his beats. Almost any one of us here could, too, with Diddy/Ross footing the bill for production.

PBY

Banned
I'd say it takes a small amount of skill to do it once. It's more beat selection and luck for one time. Now, people who consistently make bangers people want to go crazy to? That takes real skill.

French will likely make a hit, considering who is buying his beats. Almost any one of us here could, too, with Diddy/Ross footing the bill for production.

French has been making pretty solid music for a while.

Blackace

Please Soulja Boy did it more than once and can't rap worth shit
I would say he has about 6 or 7 legit bangers
Like the ying yang twinz

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Much in the same way that Katt Williams has been making pretty solid decisions lately.

haha fucking lol. I relented to Gucci and wacka and can admit I check for their new stuff now a days. Still think they are way below average rappers but they are entertaining. But I can't allow French fucking Montana into my musical world. He's musical herpes, cause even when he's attached to something that bangs, I still ain't risking my health for that.

WanderingWind

Please Soulja Boy did it more than once and can't rap worth shit
I would say he has about 6 or 7 legit bangers
Like the ying yang twinz

Just another round in the "great rappers who can't make a great record" vs "shit rappers who make inexplicably entertaining songs."

Different skill sets, different metrics.

haha fucking lol. I relented to Gucci and wacka and can admit I check for their new stuff now a days. Still think they are way below average rappers but they are entertaining. But I can't allow French fucking Montana into my musical world. He's musical herpes, cause even when he's attached to something that bangs, I still ain't risking my health for that.

Exactly

Blackace

Just another round in the "great rappers who can't make a great record" vs "shit rappers who make inexplicably entertaining songs."

Different skill sets, different metrics.

Exactly

Nope that's not is about it's about fools that will blow up (more or less commercially) and might fall off and that's when you started the whole you have to be a good rapper to fall and that's not true

WanderingWind

Nope that's not is about it's about fools that will blow up (more or less commercially) and might fall off and that's when you started the whole you have to be a good rapper to fall and that's not true

Hahaha...your turn to be drunk apparently.

And I said you had to be somebody to fall off. I just used being a rapper as an example, considering the context.

Bottom line, Montana can't fall off because he'll never be on, not really. He'll shit out a club hit then be forgotten by this time next year. Then we'll be talking about some other hack.

PBY

Banned

And I said you had to be somebody to fall off. I just used being a rapper as an example, considering the context.

Bottom line, Montana can't fall off because he'll never be on, not really. He'll shit out a club hit then be forgotten by this time next year. Then we'll be talking about some other hack.

Montana wasn't built on club hits tho. Coke Boy waviness.

Blackace

It's 130 in the afternoon in my world

Just posting from my phone

But regardless if you have success and can't maintain it to me that is falling off

50 is a prime example of that but his career falling off was more due to being mad rich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom