• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
goddamnit, I just found out the girl I dated for 2 years and broke up with about a month ago is already fucking a dude who is my coworker and friend. I mean we aren't together, technically she can fuck who she wants, but talk about twisting the knife. Work is gonna be awkward as fuck now, not to mention our guy's nights out. But fuck it, it's on me, should have known better than to drop my guard and let a girl in. Gotta shore up those barricades again and return to fuck the world mode.

That's all ya get when you open yourself up. A knife to the jugular and them laughing as they play in your blood.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
That's all ya get when you open yourself up. A knife to the jugular and them laughing as they play in your blood.

like I said in the edit, she's claiming no fucking going on, but I still wanna go fucking haywire this weekend and punch someone in the throat. I'm already drunk as fuck on a monday night.

RJT

Good kid maad city has ruined music for me. Its so fucking good. Its like what the wire is to TV shows.

Every other i check out just doesn't fill the void. I keep good back to good kid maad city. Any other great rap albums from this year i should check out to wean me off kendrick ?

Well, the latest album to come close to GKMC for me was Kno's Death is Silent. Lots of good shit this year (Killer Mike, Ab-Soul, Schoolboy Q, Joey Badass...), but nothing else comes close.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
my man kentpaul have you heard pink friday: roman reloaded? we don't talk about it much here because it kinda set the bar for 2012, give it a spin and see where it takes you

soli gets me with this shit every time

I'm not driving around to Nicky lol. I need some fucking god tier albums to drive around to. To me driving is all about the experience and a good fucking album makes that experience the best it can be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kBjq81RYmc

Digging this Kno fella, I will try and get his album Asap. I can already picture my self driving to this shit. Thanks for the suggestion.

IrishNinja

i hear you. but streets ain't feeling that kno dude, i bet he can't even clear his samples

i'm not sure what cruising is like in the UK, but stateside pretty much everyone with a good system bumps Va Va Voom and Starships all day (Beez in the Trap is kinda played IMO). honestly i'd wyle out to Stupid Hoe but my mom got that censored wal-mart version so it's kinda embarrassing when nicki goes "you a/you a foolish broad", i mean it doesn't even flow but when you've got lyrical forte like her i guess choruses aren't everything

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
i hear you. but streets ain't feeling that kno dude, i bet he can't even clear his samples

i'm not sure what cruising is like in the UK, but stateside pretty much everyone with a good system bumps Va Va Voom and Starships all day (Beez in the Trap is kinda played IMO). honestly i'd wyle out to Stupid Hoe but my mom got that censored wal-mart version so it's kinda embarrassing when nicki goes "you a/you a foolish broad", i mean it doesn't even flow but when you've got lyrical forte like her i guess choruses aren't everything

I will just need to cruise to the new Game album. Cruising like its 2005 yo.

Cudder

Machete Vision is terrible. I bought it day 0 cause I thought Kno could do no wrong, and even though he did no wrong, the weak MC he worked with kind of ruined it. "Death is Silent", though, is AOTY 2010.

The production isn't bad though. Some songs are pretty good. I just don't know who that Marq Spekt dude is.

Death is Silent top 10 for me.

Macca

Irish, you got me dying over here man.

Kentpaul, if you haven't checked the rest of the TDE releases you should get on that. And like, HnC > Follow Me Home > Control System and shit.

Esch

Banned
Now that this stuff is mainstream, i cringe for the future.

old.gif

music is moving toward electronic...only fitting that shitty pop music will too

Esch

Banned
goddamnit, I just found out the girl I dated for 2 years and broke up with about a month ago is already fucking a dude who is my coworker and friend. I mean we aren't together, technically she can fuck who she wants, but talk about twisting the knife. Work is gonna be awkward as fuck now, not to mention our guy's nights out. But fuck it, it's on me, should have known better than to drop my guard and let a girl in. Gotta shore up those barricades again and return to fuck the world mode.

she says there's no fucking going on, but fuck it, walls already coming up. I'ts time to get belligerent this weekend and push a random hooker into traffic

Some people are just like that mane. They don't need to just get the rebound fuck. They need to fuck with you on the rebound fuck.

either way welcome back scumbag siddx
Hopefully i will be dead.

I really hope i never become a salty old man

I can't wait till trap catches major waves. Driving to work with that shit always on the radio will be the day.

My car playlist is just trap
Now trap isn't the trap I know
CHANGE!

Rocky verse on Lines >>>

The way it meshes with the beat, damn.

Best song, made me sad that I enjoyed Rocky more than big boi.
I blame Big Boi being lazy and not doing spitting his Outkast fire and settling with his new flow.

RJT

When is the AOTY thread going live? I already have my top5 more or less decided, but I always use the thread to pick up something I may have missed during the year...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
When is the AOTY thread going live? I already have my top5 more or less decided, but I always use the thread to pick up something I may have missed during the year...
I hope someone posts it at the top of the year.

I say post it on the 1st, give people two weeks to vote.

Who's doing it this year?

overcast

I hope someone posts it at the top of the year.

I say post it on the 1st, give people two weeks to vote.

Who's doing it this year?
That is a good question. It's a lot of work, and somebody needs to carry that load. I'm not good enough at stuff like that. Should we make it more accessible to those who aren't Gaf-hoppers? Or just fill it to the brim with U-God jokes?

Macca

I wouldn't mind doing the aoty thread this year. I tallied all the votes last year just for fun anyways lol
It's all yours!

Just a word of advice, make a template, and make sure people stick to it. If they don't, don't count their votes. Makes life a shitload easier. Not that I can see it being anywhere near as close as last year.

T Dollarz

It's all yours!

Just a word of advice, make a template, and make sure people stick to it. If they don't, don't count their votes. Makes life a shitload easier. Not that I can see it being anywhere near as close as last year.

Yeah I plan on making a very specific template for organization purposes to make it easier on myself and just seem more professional in general. If I come to you with request for banners/graphics with a description, would you oblige? Love your photoshop skills lol.

There is already an album of the year thread.

Yeah, that's just a general thread, not hiphop/gafhop specific. Big difference.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It's all yours!

Yup, be strict. Disqualify any entries with Frank Ocean/Weeknd on them.

Also use a proper vote weighting method, that's the most important bit by far.

Macca

Yeah I plan on making a very specific template for organization purposes to make it easier on myself and just seem more professional in general. If I come to you with request for banners/graphics with a description, would you oblige? Love your photoshop skills lol.

Yeah, that's just a general thread, not hiphop/gafhop specific. Big difference.
You know I got you.

Thanks breh. Did you change the site layout?
Currently right in the middle of redoing the front page. Also redid the category pages fairly recently. Game mix isn't actually on there yet. I'm a mix or two behind.

Yup, be strict. Disqualify any entries with Frank Ocean/Weeknd on them.

Also use a proper vote weighting method, that's the most important bit by far.
I say don't disqualify anything. That shit wasn't bad at all last year, people should just use some common sense.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I actually feel like if we don't restrict him, Ocean will pop up quite a few times. Not sure though.
Most definitely. It needs to be done because of non-GAF-Hop folks may just put it in there. Also, unlike last year, this year we have 2 big, solidified major retail releases from Frank Ocean and Weeknd.

And it isn't hip-hop, period.

T Dollarz

I know how to tally the votes using a point system, same as last year.

Also, for The Weeknd and Frank Ocean, I say we hold a vote on whether to include those or not. That's not just up to me to decide. My vote would say yes to include them because they are heavily discussed which in my mind makes them relevant, but that's just me.

Macca

I vote not to include them, but not to disallow anything. Not that I think people should vote for them, but if they feel they fit within a Hip Hop voting thread, then so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom