• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
what are the guidelines for asking for a name change? people ragging on me for being a Cudi stan is getting old, especially because I'm not one anymore. I was thinking something like KRITfan4lyfe

yeah that's better.. :/

ignorantshit.jpg

ignorantshittl.jpg

feels like I am missing something on the tracklist page..

So Gaf got tired of I dont like and Bands a make her dance?

Looks suhhhweeeet!!!!!!!!

thabiz

Hahaha I was thinking the same thing. Also wouldn't cutting up the tracks in your mix ruin the best aspect about them?

Generally if you are putting a mix up, its better to chop it up. Lets people quickly jump through and preview.

Macca

It's also a lot dodgier legally I imagine tho, giving away an hour long MP3 is, as an item a hell of a lot different than a single track even if it is cut and mixed at the start.

Those of you who have changed your tracklistings of Jesus Piece to make the album "better," care to share? I'd like to know, think I'd like to do the same.

Optimal Jesus Piece:

1. "Scared Now" (featuring Meek Mill)
2. "Ali Bomaye" (featuring 2 Chainz & Rick Ross)
3. "Jesus Piece" (featuring Kanye West & Common)
4. "Pray" (featuring J. Cole & JMSN)
5. "Church" (featuring King Chip & Trey Songz)
7. "Heaven’s Arms"
8. "Name Me King" (featuring Pusha T)
9. "See No Evil" (featuring Kendrick Lamar & Tank)
10. "Can’t Get Right" (featuring K. Roosevelt)
12. "Freedom" (featuring Elijah Blake)
15. "Blood Diamonds"
16. "Dead People" (J. Taylor, Andre Young)
16. "Blood of Christ"
17. "Holy Water"

Blood of Christ works better as an outro, but y'know, I think I've messed with the order enough.

DominoKid

Optimal Jesus Piece:

1. "Scared Now" (featuring Meek Mill)
2. "Ali Bomaye" (featuring 2 Chainz & Rick Ross)
3. "Jesus Piece" (featuring Kanye West & Common)
4. "Pray" (featuring J. Cole & JMSN)
5. "Church" (featuring King Chip & Trey Songz)
7. "Heaven’s Arms"
8. "Name Me King" (featuring Pusha T)
9. "See No Evil" (featuring Kendrick Lamar & Tank)
10. "Can’t Get Right" (featuring K. Roosevelt)
12. "Freedom" (featuring Elijah Blake)
15. "Blood Diamonds"
16. "Dead People" (J. Taylor, Andre Young)
16. "Blood of Christ"
17. "Holy Water"

Blood of Christ works better as an outro, but y'know, I think I've messed with the order enough.

wait so you guys actually rearrange and splice albums?

i just tack all the extra shit at the end or make up a separate album name.
my GKMC had like 29 tracks until i separated it.

i guess it depends on how you listen to music.

wait so you guys actually rearrange and splice albums?

i just tack all the extra shit at the end or make up a separate album name.
my GKMC had like 29 tracks until i separated it.

i guess it depends on how you listen to music.

I still have the original albums and keep them as they are, but I'll create a "playlist version" for the rap car and iPod if it sounds better with some tracks removed and reordered. I don't do it for every album, but Jesus Piece with the filler tracks gone + bonus tracks is good stuff.

GKMC on the other hand is left untouched except for Cartoons & Cereal as a bonus.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
that got a system that scans for copyright protected stuff... it don't work too well.. lol

but I realize alot of stuff I like to spin is mixtape stuff

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
that's the joke. really though. i think i might be blacklisted by the mods because i got juniored. ah well, when Cudi's album is AOTY next year i'll be happy with it.
Mods are cool with it usually, can't speak for them but I've seen a lot of people change their names recently and it doesn't seem to be too big of a deal.

reminiscing about the hip hop recent past in plug and it reminded me of the hard, lean, terrible days of rap:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=370992

laff.gif

I maintain that the Slaughterhouse debut is a good album. Solid high energy rappity rap. Not big on them, or solo Budden anymore, but that album has some stuff on there I still messes with.

But I'll be the first one to say the output in hip-hop from 2010 to now has far exceeded that "hip-hop is dead, Slaughterhouse gon save us" era.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
havent been here in awhile, how was meek mills album? Was it decent or was it trash?
Better than Ross' latest. If you like Meek Mill, it'll satisfy you. If you have a passing interest it's worth checking out for songs like Believe It, Polo & Shell Tops, Dreams & Nightmares, and best of all Traumatized.

njean777

Better than Ross' latest. If you like Meek Mill, it'll satisfy you. If you have a passing interest it's worth checking out for songs like Believe It, Polo & Shell Tops, Dreams & Nightmares, and best of all Traumatized.

Alright I got Rdio so may as well see how it is. Anybody else excited for LIVE LOVE ASAP? I got it preordered on iTunes. CANNOT WAIT!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom