• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

watching mtv jams until i feel like getting out of bed. I forgot how epic Kanye's Diamonds video is. Birth of Kanye the Superstar. I still remember watching him premiere it on 106.

And then they roll into the Rihanna's Diamonds lol. mtv you so clever. great song even if she's karaoke-ing Sia.

PBY

Banned
watching mtv jams until i feel like getting out of bed. I forgot how epic Kanye's Diamonds video is. I still remember watching him premiere it on 106.

And then they roll into the Rihanna's Diamonds lol. mtv you so clever. great song even if she's karaoke-ing Sia.
Did you see the transition from those two songs that kanye did at the 121212 concert? Shit was epic.

PBY

Banned
Nope i turned in like halfway through his performance and the audio was fucked so i kept going.
I watched it on tv after, and the sound was so bad on tv, but live it was great. I think the issue was that his set was sooo much bassier than the others. At MSG it totally played, on tv it didn't.
For example, on runaway there was CRAZY amount of bass. You didnt get any of that on the broadcast.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
lol they're not getting stale for me but I can't really listen to the whole album through I've noticed.

I'm only going back to PMW, Ghetto Symphony and 1Train right now. And sometimes Lvl.
These are the exact songs for me too. I thought the shit was fire on the first listen though, IMO its still a fairly well rounded record.

iavi

PMW grew on me a lot. Q absolutely killed it in that ft, as he usually does. Jodeye has also grown on me since first listen; I think it may actually be my #1 over Long. Live A$AP now.

My revised T5 ranking probably goes something like:

Jodeye
Long. Live.
PMW
Ghetto Symphony
Goldie.

I'm hitting the stage where I don't think the list is going to alter much, if any. Time's starting to cement.

iavi

2 or 3 days is time cementing? I'm gonna give the album a break for a little bit.

When you've been listening to it through on repeat every chance you get, yeah, it is. It's how I do LPs I really dig, and my opinions after that don't usually differ much whether it be a week later, or 3 years.

Esch

Banned
No love for Fashion Killa? Not my kind of joint, but i think its pretty good and really well placed in the album as far as tracklisting.

IrishNinja

yeah, lauderdale had them asian parlor spots in the day, dont know if its still up there. i heard good things but i was mad prideful - when you a buck twenty wet & rocking that zelda shirt, you aint bout that paying for it life, ask my man PD

there is absolutely nothing wrong with paying for it though, dont think im judgin

My cousin got that Illmatic CE. That shits nice as hell!

see if i hadnt gone over my holiday budget, idve thought about it too...debated the vinyl but i aint even got a record player at the moment

"B-boy stance hugging the wall"

Hahahahahahahaha. Fucking Irish.

cold lampin'

the skrillex track is awesome yo's. Makes me wish i was fucked freakin in a club

you make me fly, KP
high

No love for Fashion Killa? Not my kind of joint, but i think its pretty good and really well placed in the album as far as tracklisting.

jiggywithit4nc63.gif

Tokubetsu

Man, this BJ The Chicago Kid album is better than Channel Orange and that Miguel album and it gets no mention anywhere. Shit sucks.

I had good luv'n on repeat for like three days at one point this year. Yeah it's a great album. I think it gets no love because it's not "alt" enough.

comeoni.png

if it wasn't for Laughing To The Bank, Fashion Killa would be my nominee for "worst chorus of the year." I'm surprised Nicki Minaj isn't on that track, it's straight down her alley.

TheOddOne

Hi-Tek Announces ‘Hi-Teknology 4 : Ohio Player’
It was May, 2010 when we last heard anything about one of my favorite producers Hi-Tek’s much awaited next album – Hi-Teknology 4. The Cincinnati producer hasn’t been very active on mainstream albums in the past few years either but his fans will be happy to know that he’s finally planning to release the 4th installment of his popular series in 2013. He revealed the good news to AllHipHop:

“The next time I put out an album its going to be right. In 2013 I’m going to drop a single, put out some music, and I’m getting my new website together Hi-TekMusic.com, the next album is going to be called, ‘Hi-Teknology: Ohio Player,’ it’s going to be an addition to the Hi-Teknology series and it’s kind of based on me being a person from Ohio, puttin it down, strong with the music and it’s ode and a dedication to the OGs, and its something to inspire those from where I’m from because so much music has come from here.

My whole new project is about 50 percent done and I’m just trying to find distribution for it right now. Thats really my main focus right now, just getting this album together. I recently did some stuff with [David] Banner, and I’m just trying to develop some new talent.”
I can't wait, his first two albums were ace. The third one was ok though.

cacophony

that's one of those songs you have to turn the volume down so no one else can hear you listening to it

but i just skip it now

mooooose

Finally back from vacation... just started LongLiveASAP... I saw I got some shout outs from MY stans so I'll give you my definitive first impressions now.

The title track is about what I expected from the live version, just as good but the singing I thought was a placeholder. The third chorus has the best version of the singing. It's like the first two times they forgot the girl's harmony. Kinda like if it was just Kendrick alone on Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe but even more awkward.

Goldie is exactly the same.

PMW's intro is a lot cooler. The bass line is complex is way cooler. I think the drum pattern is different and I'm pretty sure Rocky rerecorded his verse, or it's just better quality. A good song just became much better. The leak was definitely a shitty bootleg.

HOLY FUCK. When Q was announced on this song, I had no idea how it would work. He killed it. So fucking hard. It's not Brand New Guy but it's one of my favorite verses from him ever. He sold himself on this album. His version of the chorus LMAO. Oh my god. He keeps killing it. I'm listening now. Oh my god he killed it so fucking hard. Q. omg. yawk yawk.

PMW just amazed me in a way I didn't think it would.

LVL's start is very cool from Clams. I hate when artists shoutout producers on an album though. It's so mixtape esque. Clams killed it. ASAP is killing it but it's not as grandiose as LiveLove's Clams songs so I can see how people were disappointed. I think it's very good and honestly Rocky is spitting harder four songs into this album than he did for all of LiveLove (which wasn't the point of that album).

LVL went hard but I am not digging Hell a lot. The chorus is pretty cool but the beat is kinda boring. The first song on the album I haven't loved so that's a really good sign.

Hell is a better Santigold song than an ASAP song and it doesn't fit in the album but I liked it a lot anyway. It doesn't fit in the album at all.

It's a beautiful intro though to Pain which is going fucking HARD. Rocky's singing is working for me right now holy fuck.

Eh, Pain lost me. Sounds like a really good song off LiveLove, and I can appreciate that, but it's not really my favorite kind of Rocky song.

The chorus for Pain is great though. I love it.

Fuckin Problems fits in where it fits in but this album definitely took a turn for a different course after LVL... it's like a poppy version of LiveLove after being something new and dark. They also changed a bunch of stuff around from the original version (new adlibs, changes to the chorus like before, as far as I knew it was Rocky saying "bring your girls to the crib maybe we can solve em" and now it's Drake saying it instead which is better because the chorus is less jarring).

I already listened to Wild For The Night because I figured it would just be a single esque song and not something important to me/the album but FUCK this song GOES. I don't listen to a lot of dubstep so I don't know how often rap/dubstep collabs happen (I know WTT had one, it was not as good as this at all) but this makes me like dubstep because Rocky made it sound like a SONG and not JUST a bunch of noises. I love this and will continue to fucking love this.

1 Train just started... fuck. This is classic. Everyone is killing this beat in different ways I can't even declare a winner but clearly only one can win because everyone went in differently and hard. Kendrick and Danny are fighting for it now but I think it's Danny right now. This is like my dream team right now. I'd love to hear Flatbush Zombies and Bodega BAMZ on a remix.

Oh god.. Fashion Killa. This is bad. The song isn't horrible. I mean it's pretty horrible but it's worse in the context of being after 1 Train which may be the defining song of the album.

A finished version of Ridin should be here instead of this. I know he really liked this song because I remember him name dropping it in an album awhile ago, and the beat is okay but not for him. Shit doesn't work.

The beat on Phoenix is great. Dangermouse gave him a heater. Rocky couldn't get it good though. I don't know who could've killed this beat off hand though, maybe Ghostface. Rocky is better now but he doesn't have the lyrically prowess to pull this off.

Haw Haw Haw

/fixed

Finally back from vacation... just started LongLiveASAP... I saw I got some shout outs from MY stans so I'll give you my definitive first impressions now.

The title track is about what I expected from the live version, just as good but the singing I thought was a placeholder. The third chorus has the best version of the singing. It's like the first two times they forgot the girl's harmony. Kinda like if it was just Kendrick alone on Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe but even more awkward.

I feel like all of Rocky's singing is placeholder. The girl at the end of the song makes the hook immensely better, dunno why they skipped out on that opportunity.

Stop that bullshit, stop. There's no such thing as real Hip-Hop or Fake Hip-Hop. If I could hear it on my speakers, is real. God forbid someone doesn't like something. It all comes down to the honesty of the music, regardless of the genre. Is funny when people scream "Real Hip-Hop over here" But they have local artist that are saying the same shit this mainstream artist are saying as well. Puffy said it best "I want people to dance again" And that's one of the main essence of Hip-Hop, to have fun and dance. Not listen to some dude talk about how much dope he pushed or bodies he put 7 feet under. This shit entertainment, period.

Stop listening to that bubble-gum rap/hip hop son.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kendrick invented the ghetto-photo-as-an-album-cover just like how araabMUZIK invented performing with an MPC, dudes, get it right.

ecurbj

Get Rich Or Die Tryin' is such a dope album. I mean the production was spot on. Such a good freshman album by 50. Is his other albums any good like his first?

Novid

Banned
Gave a short spin of Finally Rich...

Any work from the Japanese dude the song is better than it is.
Any work from lil chop outside I dont like is just so fucking messy.

If it was just Keef and the Japanese dude then its a b ranked album.

but because chop did most of the album it so fucking dead. D-.

Get Rich Or Die Tryin' is such a dope album. I mean the production was spot on. Such a good freshman album by 50. Is his other albums any good like his first?

Most would say no, but I'd gotta say the Get Rich Or Die Tryin' Movie album shares a similar hunger as his original album.

"Nigga you'se a window shoppa"

EDIT: boo, new page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom