• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Got some Amnesia weed, gonna roll that shit up and keep listening to Kendrick Lamar and Killer Mike

Blew my mind in amsterdam that shit, the entire high was in my head with no body effects. Just strolling along with no destination

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Click artwork to download.

1.Catastrophe ft. DJ Khaled
2.All Gold Everything
3.Poetic Justice ft. Q Tip / Janet Jackson
4.What You Know About It
5.Diamond In The Ruff
6.Prelude To The Truth
7.Freak Show
8.My Type Of Party ft. Dom Kennedy
9.Adorn ft. Miguel
10.No Worries ft. Lil Wayne / Detail
11.Elevator Music
12.What You Wanna Do
13.F**kin’ Problems ft. 2 Chainz
14.Hail Mary ft Trey Songz, Young Jeezy, Lil Wayne
15.Backseat Freestyle ft. Kendrick Lamar
16.Cash Money:Young Mula ft. Big Sean
17.Shaheem Reid Interview

e5cefb664a4711e28ed022000a1fbc58_7-1-450x450.jpg

This is super dope.

Rare Chandeliers Extended Edition released as a part of that ^ promo. Features 3 bonus tracks, you can also download them individually at the link.

Mike Will Made It previews a new Jeezy song
, new Trinidad James
and a new Rihanna song off his tape that sound HOT

Kendrick Lamar directing a short movie next?

DominoKid

the Trinidad and Rihanna songs are already out.

i need Rihanna to throw that beat to some rappers for a remix. that shit goes dumb hard.

very smooth track

Indeed, great stuff.

edit:
also a bit late with this, but while I don't think Yela had the best verse on 1Train, I think he may have had one of the best lines;
"Ain't never been no rapper this cold since 2Pac was froze
And thawed out for spot date at a Coachella show, Yelawolf"

Question GAF. T.I. "Trouble Man". Is it aight? Listening to a couple of samples of it on XM and it sounds aight..sorry if already discussed

PBY

Banned
real hip hop aka boring hip hop

I kinda agree with you. His shit is fine, I dled it, listened to it, enjoyed it- but I will never ever be hyped for a project from him. Its bland- when your only hook is that you're that throwback dude, its not gonna grab my attention. He tells stories, and is a fine mc, but nothing THAT crazy.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I kinda agree with you. His shit is fine, I dled it, listened to it, enjoyed it- but I will never ever be hyped for a project from him. Its bland- when your only hook is that you're that throwback dude, its not gonna grab my attention. He tells stories, and is a fine mc, but nothing THAT crazy.

He's got a place and purpose. If he switched his style and sound he'd be just another rapper trying to catch the wave of the newest sound that might get him a hit. We've got more than enough of those rappers. We need the joey badasses, the slaughterhouses, the aesop rocks, the mf dooms, the el-ps, the atmospheres, the Danny browns, the POS, the deathgrips, and so on. Otherwise all we have are a bunch of rappers trying to be lil Wayne over imitation hit boy beats. Which is something we also need. I love hip hop because of the variety. Which is why I don't understand or respect any simple minded motherfucker who only listens to a single type of rap.

It seems you hate real hip hop.

I don't know how you can sleep at night.

Stop that bullshit, stop. There's no such thing as real Hip-Hop or Fake Hip-Hop. If I could hear it on my speakers, is real. God forbid someone doesn't like something. It all comes down to the honesty of the music, regardless of the genre. Is funny when people scream "Real Hip-Hop over here" But they have local artist that are saying the same shit this mainstream artist are saying as well. Puffy said it best "I want people to dance again" And that's one of the main essence of Hip-Hop, to have fun and dance. Not listen to some dude talk about how much dope he pushed or bodies he put 7 feet under. This shit entertainment, period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom