• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

OG Kush

Aww man I can't with wolfmother. They're like a new AC/DC to me

Edit: aye og kush, Pakistan won!

sorry Gaf Hop y'all gotta stare at my high as fuck face for a whole month. WE TRIPPY MANE.
we lost today though, haha alteast we won the serieis. India only got 160 runs and we still couldn't get it. Typical Pakistan we're just such a raw and unprofessional team. Can't really blame them though when you look at the background most of the players come from and the state the country is.

Esch

Banned
Metal's a bit blessed too as It's one genre that tends to age really well. A lot of shit from late 80s to mid 90s were next level. I'm still running into shit from like 94 that gives me visions.
dats because some of the undeground shit is genuinely really well thought.from every perspective: aesthetic, compositional, technical. some of dat mixing tho....well. cant win em all. ehh. i enjoy a lot of low fi metal

94 was a good.year. either way the genre was mostly creatively dead before 00, and now its extinct.

cant fuck with silly ass prog metal with a bunch of keyboard noodling and shyt like that. Also mastodon is too bluesy for me personally. I never found them to be that much of an appealing package. I get the thrust- they're a sludge band that wants to write catchy songs and also be 'progressive'. I don't really care for much of that type of songwriting in my metal though. I pretty much want the stuff thats experimenting with STRUCTURE not instrumentation. Or i want dat raw evil shit.
I can only fuck with Prog Metal for the most part lol. The rest is just too much for me, I have to be in a really angry mood or something. Which i am really in.
Anyone ever use to listen to The Hype Men podcast? it was a great hip hop podcast by 3 white Jews, people who don't know need to know. They had some good guests such as Just Blaze, bun B, Angela Yee, Benny Hundreds, A-track and much more.
Anyways they had a reunion recently to discuss their best tracks of 2012:
http://smodcast.com/episodes/w-the-hype-men-reunion/

I really want another good hip hop podcast, why aren't there any decent ones like this one? I'm not talking about the GAF one, I'm talking about a podcast run by industry insiders, journalists and very analytical etc. Something like the 1UP podcast but for hip hop...
I believe it's because the radio exists. It is essentially a 7 days a week podcast just with songs mixed into it, but radio personalities tackles all types of topics and interview people within the industry. I just see a lot of similarities between the two.

Try this site though: http://thecombatjackshow.com/

DominoKid

Bling...Tadow! Money.

That new nore joint goes, despite nore.
It cracks me up seeing these 90s cats trying to ride the current wave

PBY

Banned
Thanks mane : )

...Hopefully my list doesn't look too one-lane, as I really enjoyed records like Lushlife and Lo-Fi Finghaz, but the harder shit just was closer to my heart this year.
Mac and Cheese 3 makes it a great list automatically in my eyes.

Kwixotik

dats because some of the undeground shit is genuinely really well thought.from every perspective: aesthetic, compositional, technical. some of dat mixing tho....well. cant win em all. ehh. i enjoy a lot of low fi metal

94 was a good.year. either way the genre was mostly creatively dead before 00, and now its extinct.

That's because creativity is actively discouraged. If it's at all different from before, it isn't trve kvlt.

HiResDes

Real talk I didn't even get that hip, no Metro Zu and I left off both Ethelwulf and Lil Ugly Mane. Also if I could put all of Nacho Picasso's shit into one album it would have been top five.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Best of Jack Thriller 2012.
So much gold in there. Him talking shit from the VMAs red carpet was fantastic. "NO ASS" and "You know Max B is never gonna get out of jail, right?" to French.

There's an official Charlamagne wrap up too but it's just him talking about sucking farts out of girls butts and not the funnier shit he's said.

cryptic

I need more music.
People I listen to Street Lord Juan, Blade Icewood, Royce da 5'9'', Crooked I, Killah Priest, Stretch Money, Danny Brown, Guilty Simpson, Sean P, Dilla, and I tuned in to Raekwon around the hype for OB4CL2 but it got old real quick, same with liquid swordz. I guess I like music with some street connection in that there's some plausibility to what the artist says, plus their flow has to be tight.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I hope he improves quickly. Dude's production is so far ahead of his rapping skills(his choruses are fine though), it is ridiculous. I love his production.
I agree, I see the potential, but I'm also just fine with him just keeping doing the producer thing.

Esch

Banned
I need more music.
People I listen to Street Lord Juan, Blade Icewood, Royce da 5'9'', Crooked I, Killah Priest, Stretch Money, Danny Brown, Guilty Simpson, Sean P, Dilla, and I tuned in to Raekwon around the hype for OB4CL2 but it got old real quick, same with liquid swordz. I guess I like music with some street connection in that there's some plausibility to what the artist says, plus their flow has to be tight.

Kool G Rap- 4,5,6

wait. I was going to recommend you more but I can't identify with the bolded. Sorry, cant help you
deadmanny.png

Kool G Rap- 4,5,6

wait. I was going to recommend you more but I can't identify with the bolded. Sorry, cant help you
deadmanny.png

Yeah, I won't lie. I was honestly thrown off a bit. not that anything is wrong with it, just was unexpected, but Rae>Ghost. I'm assuming you've heard Dice Game by Apollo Brown & Guilty right?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I need to check that out still Ace. Give me a few days though, out of town.

Who puts on the best hip-hop show guys?

Best shows I have seen were put on by the..... Beastie Boys

seen them twice and both times rocked.

Tribe and Digital Underground were also dope.

Seen quite a few shows but nothing topped those 3

PBY

Banned
Nice, will listen at the gym tom.
I need to check that out still Ace. Give me a few days though, out of town.

Who puts on the best hip-hop show guys?

Imho its Kanye, and thats not just stannery. All of his tours are meticulously crafted with different themes/instruments/backing (see late orchestration vs. the glow in the dark tour vs. his more recent shows/WTT); he remixes songs live/plays new versions/verses, and is so into all of his performances always giving 100 percent energy.

The early Wu shows i seen were incredible. Its not the same anymore unfortunately.

Wasnt a big JayZ fan until i seen him live. He was probably the best.

Also Eminem was great, but that was probably because i was completely fucked off hennessy and weed with like 70,000 people behind me in a field in Ireland.

PBY

Banned
The early Wu shows i seen were incredible. Its not the same anymore unfortunately.

Wasnt a big JayZ fan until i seen him live. He was probably the best.

Also Eminem was great, but that was probably because i was completely fucked off hennessy and weed with like 70,000 people behind me in a field in Ireland.

Saw Ghost/Rae live recently, was pretty good, but they clearly don't really put much effort into creating a good live show- rapped over a few non-acapellas, were just kinda kicking it, etc. That being said, it was still awesome to see them vibing off each other, was a pretty cool show.

Saw Ghost/Rae live recently, was pretty good, but they clearly don't really put much effort into creating a good live show- rapped over a few non-acapellas, were just kinda kicking it, etc. That being said, it was still awesome to see them vibing off each other, was a pretty cool show.

No doubt. I still always go to Wu shows and probably always will. But having seen them years back and the energy and intensity they had, compared to seeing GZA sleepwalk on stage now is pretty disappointing.

That said RZA and Meth still rock live shows, so much energy. Masta Killa was brilliant at the last Wu show i seen too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom