• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooooose

I love Pusha but I miss Malice too, and I do think overall, his songs suffer.

But he has gotten much better at hooks and though he is less self reflective, and his songs as a whole are especially less without Malice, he is spitting harder than ever.

Which brings me to a point.

Do you guys think Pusha has had a second career? I mean arguably the Clipse were successful but by the time Hell Hath No Fury came out, they were clearly dwindling in success (despite critical acclaim), and Til The Casket Drop was a near flop.

But since Pusha's signed with GOOD, he has gotten more shine in the spotlight than I'd say he ever did with Clipse, besides Grindin. Now, if you consider longevity, he is more of a household name than Clipse ever was. Though he has not had any real commercial success, he has been on Runaway, So Appalled, Trouble on My Mind (his biggest hit of his own, a huge success for him that happened organically and he accidentally? rode Tyler's coattails, but its a great song), Mercy, Exodus 23:1... all of these songs were pretty huge in the hip hop community.

What other artists had such a huge shift in career and big comeback? Cam comes to mind, with Dipset. Juicy J now too, and that one is even crazier.

But I'm happy for Pusha. He's doing his thing. I just hope his next album has some Pharrell songs too.

He's a good rapper but something about him can't really hold my interest outside of features. Like I've realized I'm just bored of him after hearing Wrath of Caine.

will need to hear another album with Malice to see if I've just gotten completely tired of him or if it's just his solo stuff that I'm not vibing with.

want another camron comeback.

Was sitting here pleasantly surprised by Kilo Kish until I heard:

"I spy with my eye/
all the buzz around my hive/
when i'm with another guy/
you're the one that haunts my mind"

and then began to skip around the rest of the songs before turning it off.

DominoKid

Clipse has ran its course and there's no need to revisit it IMO. Casket was awful.

i'm rather interested to see how Wrath of Caine does.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Pusha T doesn't need self-awareness, or balance really. He's proved that on all three of his projects. He has introspective moments too, but they're not about the drug game moreso than where he is now and being without without Malice, kind-of half-baked religious contemplation, etc. Most of that was on Fear of God though, with some repeated songs on Fear of God 2 and the rest of it on Wrath of Caine.

I think Pusha has a chance at a second career, he will never reach 50 level or anything, but I think he can make a blip like Fabulous did and then teeter his career slowly out of relevance again.

EDIT: Real talk with them comments on the Pusha video, Rozay looking like he lost some weight.

thabiz

For fans of Death Grips.

LA noise rap.

866224406-1.jpg

clipping - midcity

DominoKid

@LupeFiasco: #LF is happy to announce his album title for 2013. "TETSUO & YOUTH" We Wish You Good Luck @ #TheGrammies Today. Thank You."

uh...aight.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
oh man that's such a fucked up line if you google Emmitt Till

also I've noticed a lot of rappers recently namedropping liberace. Like comparing themselves to him....this guy:

tumblr_lg2onyxDVB1qeu7vso1_400.jpg

do they realize what they're saying?!

can this be construed as progress for hiphop? or willful ignorance, because there's no way no one has brought this up to any of them at some point.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So I've had Slim Tha Mobster's War Music and Elite's Awaken on my to-listen-to list forever. Are either worth my time? I'm getting the impression they're probably mediocre-to-forgettable releases.

Anyone actually listen to either?

Jitters

♥kitty♥'s mixtape is really fun and catchy. I play it constantly.

The Clipping tape reminds a bit of Captain Murphy at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom