• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.
girl in drake video is hooooooooot

also, i cant seem to finish beats. i started like 50 of them but for the life of me i cant figure out what to do after the drums and sample are laid. besides turn hats on and off lol :(

i think im just gonna try to remake some existing ones so i get a better understand of structure and shit.

DominoKid

Theory: They kept "urban" awards off the air because they're afraid Yeezy might stay winning in the future and fuck it up again. Yeezy done fucked it up for everyone.

Though didn't he do a Grammy speech? Or was that for the MTV awards? (after the swift thing)

yeezy aint even there.

CRS

many people here going to ignore it and surprisingly seems like Peterboy too. I honestly think it's the first mac miller song I like. At least that i know of

The Alchemist and Prodigy sold me on the track and I'm glad I listened to it. Really like it.

PBY

Banned
many people here going to ignore it cause Mac and surprisingly seems like Peterboy too. I honestly think it's the first mac miller song I like. At least that i know of
Lol I listened to it but it didn't really make an impression on me. I actually found the "lightness"? of the beat to be kinda boring

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I listened to that Mac Miller too, TBH it was kinda dope. The beat is definitely the highlight there, and Mac Miller was suppressing all the mannerisms that make me hate his music so that wasn't bad either.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
BCyHErWCEAAoqxL.jpg

2 chainz looks like some sort of comic book character

Intercontinental Champion

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
CRS needs to replace Lupe with Kendrick and we've got ourselves CRS2.0.

Kanye, though he's improved lyrically and as a rapper tenfold since he's started out, just isn't in that space anymore. Maybe after he's had the kid he'll have some sort of revelation.

Blackace

Kanye, though he's improved lyrically and as a rapper tenfold since he's started out, just isn't in that space anymore. Maybe after he's had the kid he'll have some sort of revelation.

Ye is more in the replace Lupe with Future mold now...

Blackace

Yeah, it's kind of scary Pharrell is the one who's the least changed since. Don't know if that's a good or bad thing for him though.

Bootleg Timbo who is the kiss of death to almost all artist that use him.. yeah that's him

CRS

Kendrick would be horrible.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kendrick would be horrible.
Why?

He's the most conscious out of all of those artists ATM, and has the most relevant and different stuff to say ATM. Not to forget he is the lyrical posterchild that Lupe was back then. I though the whole point of CRS was to be this conscious, societal voice kind of inspiration rap.

Blackace

Why?

He's the most conscious out of all of those artists ATM, and has the most relevant and different stuff to say ATM. Not to forget he is the lyrical posterchild that Lupe was back then. I though the whole point of CRS was to be this conscious, societal voice kind of inspiration rap.

Boots Riley

EloquentM

aka Mannny

That's not true. We still got mamas boyfriend. Um acapella lost in the world is definitely old Kanye. See me now is corny Kanye. Blame game has hints of 808s and bittersweet poetry mixed with an amazing skit ala LR and CD.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Kanye and Lupe are so much different than when CRS was a possibility. Imagine how a CRS album would sound now..

Imagine the sounds of madness, driven by the glossy staccato of the fevered hallucinogenic output of a dying Liberace born in a dying America. The song of the final act of the play created by the last gasp of "the people" recorded by idiots and sold for the lifeblood of artistry.

It would be glorious and in it's glory, ruin would be named.

Or, it would sound sort of like Cruel Summer without the fun. Either or.

CRS

Kendrick rapping something similar to Backseat Freestyle would be horrible. Only reason why it worked with BF was because of the context of the album. Outside of that, no thank you.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAGPRzV5AeQ

?

Yes and no. They have their fun songs and I can't see Kendrick on something like Everyone Nose.
A remix to a pop single is not representative of what they were aiming for at all. Pretty sure old Lupe wouldn't have been down for the project at all if it was just Kanye bullshitting the entire time; that's also probably why it never went anywhere.

Though I do agree, Kendrick probably wouldn't fit as well on some of the funner songs, but only slightly relatively less than someone like new Lupe would. The bulk of the stuff I see Kendrick doing way better.

PBY

Banned
humblebrag truthbomb

mike dean ‏@therealmikedean
3 more Grammys = 19 Grammys. Too bad I have lost all respect for the institution.
Collapse Reply Retweet Favorite More
RETWEETS
FAVORITES
10:09 PM - 10 Feb 13 · Details

DominoKid

Good god Frank was awful on the Grammys.

Pyramids would've been perfect for a show like this. He gotta stop w/ these minimal ass performances. He can't sing good enough for that.

Blackace

Imagine the sounds of madness, driven by the glossy staccato of the fevered hallucinogenic output of a dying Liberace born in a dying America. The song of the final act of the play created by the last gasp of "the people" recorded by idiots and sold for the lifeblood of artistry.

It would be glorious and in it's glory, ruin would be named.

Or, it would sound sort of like Cruel Summer without the fun. Either or.

Lupe first verse government is messed up

Ye Romney don't pay no taxes but I got stacks and y'all are hating

yeah.. no thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom