• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

So how did GAF-hop feel about Drizzy taking home a Grammy for "Best Rap Album"?

It made feel like that gif with a lil' black kid shedding a single tear.

deserved it. i was secretly hoping for 2 Chainz though.

i'm far more concerned w/ the wanton disregard the entire program showed to urban acts though. shit was #FFFFFF as fuck. felt like the whitest grammy's i've ever seen. even my white friends had to admit it.

SoilBreak

Banned
eEpcBQM.jpg

FsTCjSP.jpg

IrishNinja

oh yeah, Take Care was a good album, i was just speaking to the irrelevance of grammys is all

he looks like a lost penguin

haha damn...no love for them ninja shoes

i mean i still want a pair of vibram five fingers for running and shit, but even i woudln't wear them shits to an award show...you got sandals for that nahmean

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
So how did GAF-hop feel about Drizzy taking home a Grammy for "Best Rap Album"?

It made feel like that gif with a lil' black kid shedding a single tear.

I am fine with it. Drake had a good album and it was the kind of release that pulls in new rap fans. For all the hate he gets, Drake is expanding the rap audience, that is a good for everyone.

Not sure why Kanye is dressed like Luke from Star Wars in that pic, but Will Smith on a Kanye track could be hot.

Lupe needs some new friends. He needs some friends who are going to tell him that he is becoming a walking punchline.

A little late to the party but "Mitt Romney don't pay no tax" is the most absurd line I've ever heard in a song. To top it off, Kanye has to repeat it twice to confirm that what we heard wasn't a mistake and ensuring us that the song will be irrelevant even before it gets released.

f0rk

A little late to the party but "Mitt Romney don't pay no tax" is the most absurd line I've ever heard in a song. To top it off, Kanye has to repeat it twice to confirm that what we heard wasn't a mistake and ensuring us that the song will be irrelevant even before it gets released.

More absurd than 'This a ghetto opera // Francis Foreign Car Coppola'?
I love that verse

coldvein

Banned
oh yeah, Take Care was a good album, i was just speaking to the irrelevance of grammys is all

haha damn...no love for them ninja shoes

i mean i still want a pair of vibram five fingers for running and shit, but even i woudln't wear them shits to an award show...you got sandals for that nahmean

agree w/ irrelevance of grammys .. but damn man, you run in those finger shoes!?!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
LL Cool J ft. Chuck D, Travis Barker, Tom Morello & DJ Z-Trip – Whaddup.

Sorry I'm not feeling this.

Nah that line is 100% dope.

And that line became a quotable quick after CS came out. Song is still one of the best off of the album. It's just goofy and funny.

The Cherry Wine song was his best shot, due to Amy. Life Is Good wasn't a great album but it was pretty good, and had a lot of tracks that could have won awards IMO.

Sucks Eminem wouldn't get on Daughters, I'm sure it would have won if he did; Jay-Z also declined to be on it. Oh well, Nas clearly has more hits in him so this isn't the end. But I doubt he'll have a product as emotional as this one again.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The Cherry Wine song was his best shot, due to Amy. Life Is Good wasn't a great album but it was pretty good, and had a lot of tracks that could have won awards IMO.

Sucks Eminem wouldn't get on Daughters, I'm sure it would have won if he did; Jay-Z also declined to be on it. Oh well, Nas clearly has more hits in him so this isn't the end. But I doubt he'll have a product as emotional as this one again.
Why did both of them decline to get on the track?

Why did both of them decline to get on the track?
Both simply passed on the track, no reason given publicly; perhaps they felt it was too personal. I get why Jay passed, his daughter is ugly. But Eminem is a hip hop head, you'd think he would want to work with Nas again. Plus they both have teenage daughters.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Both simply passed on the track, no reason given publicly; perhaps they felt it was too personal. I get why Jay passed, his daughter is ugly. But Eminem is a hip hop head, you'd think he would want to work with Nas again. Plus they both have teenage daughters.
I definitely think it's too personal too. I would not trade one of those verses or parts of the song for a Jay or Em verse TBH.

I clowned the song early on, but it really is one of the best off of Life Is Good and one of the best songs in years from dude.

Esch

Banned
jay cant relate. whats he supposed to say? his daughter aint even close to that age. he supposed to wax poetic about grimey teenage dudes trying to pipe girl in the future? nothing to contribute.

jay cant relate. whats he supposed to say? his daughter aint even close to that age. he supposed to wax poetic about grimey teenage dudes trying to pipe girl in the future? nothing to contribute.

lol forreal. His fucking daughter is a newborn. Eminem should have jumped on though.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper

Shit, he was doing that when him and Bey were still on the DL. Remember Beach Chair? Of course you don't. Nobody does.

Album won't even be good I think. Yeah FutureSex Love Sounds was pretty dope but that was in 2006...he aint even capable of that right now going by these weak songs.

Is Nas contractually obligated to wear busted ass untailored suits?

Wiz's MC Hammer swag was less embarassing.

need photos.

oh daaamn at that girl in the started from the bottom video. almost makes me want to post some simpin comments on there.

it's a good music video too. i think since hyfr he's stepping up now.

mooooose

I think Kendrick is becoming my favorite rapper.

Also I like Justin's new material until I go back and listen to his classic Neptunes stuff and the new stuff sounds like garbage.

And I'll check out the Purity Ring cover but JJ's covers are God tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom