• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiResDes

I didn't like the POS at all... not my style

Yeah I feel ya, I just finished Rare Chandeliers ya'll, top fiver for sure:

otIZe.png

Recon

Banned
New Action Bronson....ehh...I like the beats, but some of them feel incredibly lazy. Bronson is good, but is sometimes repetitive and his voice gets annoying after awhile. Not bad, but not something I can listen to for an extended period of time.

HiResDes

Ya'll ain't chill enough, you don't listen to listen to Rare Chandeliers intently, that shit just hits you like 2nd hand OG Kush smoke.

brofist.jpg

I get why people like it, but its not doing much for me. I liked Blue Chips a lot more, which is odd because I do like Alchemist.

I actually wasn't a fan of Blue Chips outside the first song. It's been awhile since I've listened to it though, maybe I'll give it another spin later tonight. I really like Rare Chandeliers but you pointing out the beats, just instantly made you the homie.

Recon

Banned
Ya'll ain't chill enough, you don't listen to listen to Rare Chandeliers intently, that shit just hits you like 2nd hand OG Kush smoke.

How does one get "chill" enough to enjoy this? Also, if you getting high off of 2nd hand smoke, you doing your life wrong.

Also, The Last Adventure is better than Rare. Similar chill vibe, but much, much better.

HiResDes

Reloaded has similiar beats, just not as sample heavy, both are top ten material for me possibly. Rare is def better though, KA sounds like GZA now : (

Esch

Banned
I hope you aren't including me in the "yall are crackheads" because I've been having nothing but praise for this album for the last two pages.

....I'm not sure yet.

Also Styles has been slaying features like crazy this year quiet as kept. He might be a contender for Feature Killer 2012.

As for the shit on this: it sounds like how Mobb Deep should sound in 2012. My man bronson needed to get Kool G on one of these beats.

Recon

Banned
I think they think chill beats without dubstep influenced drops are lazy.

Really? You really trying to go there for this album? Man, fuck gaf hop, seriously, I cant deal with this threads automatic dismissal of opinions anymore. Acting like some preteen girls cuz someone doesnt appreciate an album like you do.

thabiz

Reloaded has similiar beats, just not as sample heavy, both are top ten material for me possibly. Rare is def better though, KA sounds like GZA now : (

I like the mood on Reloaded better. Cuttin mountains of coke music. Rare, is smokin on the corner.

thabiz

Not gonna lie thabiz is pretty spot on though...I think Reloaded is a lot doper than people were making it out to be

Hip Hop AOTY for me. It seeps in there. 76 is the dope track of the year.

This will go down as a classic gangsta album. It screams 50's gangster. Fedora's and tommy guns!

HiResDes

Hip Hop AOTY for me. It seeps in there. 76 is the dope track of the year.

This will go down as a classic gangsta album. It screams 50's gangster. Fedora's and tommy guns!
I'm almost done revisiting Reloaded and I might have to change my opinion about it in comparison to Rare Chandeliers and eat crow.

thabiz

Reloaded really does feel like its done with a live band. The minimal samples are done correct. The beats are so laid back and smooth. No pretense, no pandering. Roc had a vision and nailed it.

I need to smoke a stogie and bump this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom